|
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan),
1,148
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Paint Correction
#1255223
30/08/2011 20:01
30/08/2011 20:01
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
OP
ex El Presidente
|
OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
For some of you that have seen my bodywork in the flesh, you will know it's a complete state, faded almost to white on the bonnet as well as showing up where it has been resprayed in the past, so I finally managed to get hold of a DA polishing machine, with various pads, polishes etc and gave it a bash a moment ago. So, the before photo : Taped up and been clayed Afterwards : I'm fairly impressed with the results so far, couple of bits I need to redo again, but not too shabby for my first time. Arms ache now though 
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255229
30/08/2011 20:11
30/08/2011 20:11
|
zonta
Unregistered
|
zonta
Unregistered
|
Great results looks like it was long over due, get a good wax on it now 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255231
30/08/2011 20:12
30/08/2011 20:12
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Looks alot better mate  You really need a front grill in there though! 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255232
30/08/2011 20:15
30/08/2011 20:15
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386 Staffordshire
Nigel
Forum veteran
|
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
|
Impressive  It's amazing how much difference you can get with a DA compared with elbow grease and T-Cut However, if your arms are aching, you're doing it wrong - you should be letting the polisher do all the hard work - it doesn't take much pressure to make it do it's job. Matt and I were polishing for six hours between us on Saturday with no aches or pains afterwards I've got a really good DA Polishing instruction manual that I downloaded from CleanYourCar.co.uk - if you PM me your email addy, I send it to you.
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255271
30/08/2011 21:55
30/08/2011 21:55
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
wow , she's going to look stunning Begbie when you have done the whole car , mines next 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255286
30/08/2011 22:11
30/08/2011 22:11
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
Guess whats just fine in my 'want' list. Cracking job!
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255289
30/08/2011 22:14
30/08/2011 22:14
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
All that money you spent on the engine thought you would have treated her to a respray  On a diffrent note cracking work
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255309
30/08/2011 23:14
30/08/2011 23:14
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
OP
ex El Presidente
|
OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
Nigel, I think I know which guide you're on about. PDF with quite a few pages in it? If not, send it over and I'll have a read. I wasn't applying much pressure when doing it and was watching the rotary motion to check that it was stopping / still spinning. Shiney, I know I need a grill, I do have a sat in the garage, but I need to make a few amendments to the bumper / FMIC before it will fit. It's on my long list of stuff to do  Nismo, you can pay me  Burbum, I will get a respray in the next couple of years, need to let my debts clear down a bit before doing so, but 6 - 7 years of not being polished it needs something and my arms aren't man enough to do it manually 
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Theresa]
#1255348
31/08/2011 00:32
31/08/2011 00:32
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
[quote=Theresa it's about time you did some proper manual work  [/quote] That was the machine
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255352
31/08/2011 00:47
31/08/2011 00:47
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
Blimey mate, massive improvement! Looks much better.
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: MarioCirillo]
#1255442
31/08/2011 12:33
31/08/2011 12:33
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
ditto, well done beggars - is it making an appearance at the AGM? if so you owe me a ride out in it 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255465
31/08/2011 13:50
31/08/2011 13:50
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386 Staffordshire
Nigel
Forum veteran
|
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
|
Nigel, I think I know which guide you're on about. PDF with quite a few pages in it? If not, send it over and I'll have a read. I wasn't applying much pressure when doing it and was watching the rotary motion to check that it was stopping / still spinning. Yup - that's the one - seems that you already have it then. I find the trick is to keep the pad flat on the panel - as soon as you lean it, the rotary action slows or stops
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255469
31/08/2011 14:07
31/08/2011 14:07
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Dam, i had a feeling that car was yellow!!  well done begger's looks soo soo much better! keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing it at the AGM!! Yes it is coming to the AGM, much to the delight of the other half  I might have to start charging people for rides Dont worry, me, Mario and pinky will keep becky company!! 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255470
31/08/2011 14:14
31/08/2011 14:14
|
Truffle
Unregistered
|
Truffle
Unregistered
|
Leave a bit down the middle and you have a racing stripe 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255482
31/08/2011 15:20
31/08/2011 15:20
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Well done Beggars. Looks much better (although I haven't seen it in the flesh for donkeys years anyway). I WISH I could do something similar, but alas I fear using a DA polisher on areas where lacquer is peeled or stating to go white won't do it any favours. And sadly there are more bits appearing on my car. Roof is almost lacquerless, white hazing appearing on drivers door, patch near the fuel cap and on top of the boot 
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1255936
01/09/2011 17:40
01/09/2011 17:40
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
Hasn't polished that dent out!!
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1256745
04/09/2011 12:39
04/09/2011 12:39
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
looking so much better!!
Now clean those wheels
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: technics]
#1256782
04/09/2011 14:06
04/09/2011 14:06
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
this is not my bitch fit to get court up in ...but... but he has more BHP than you  Excellent work! My bodywork is better though,
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: ]
#1256785
04/09/2011 14:10
04/09/2011 14:10
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
on another note, Alexis, your coming is coming along nicely!! just showed my mrs your photos and her words... Flipping hell, that looks great... it did look dog rough before...like the owner...is he gay?? if not, he must be Bi...
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1256814
04/09/2011 15:27
04/09/2011 15:27
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
Yeah I know, Begbie has already mentioned that, hence why I thought id take the bodywork crown. Anyway Marco, dont mention bhp figures to me mate, ha.
Last edited by technics; 04/09/2011 15:27.
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: Paint Correction
[Re: Begbie]
#1256827
04/09/2011 15:59
04/09/2011 15:59
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
That's why I didn't wan to get in voles with you 2 girls and your who's got the smaller penis game!!  Technics, just you wait!!!! 
|
|
|
|