Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Paint Correction #1255223
30/08/2011 20:01
30/08/2011 20:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
For some of you that have seen my bodywork in the flesh, you will know it's a complete state, faded almost to white on the bonnet as well as showing up where it has been resprayed in the past, so I finally managed to get hold of a DA polishing machine, with various pads, polishes etc and gave it a bash a moment ago.

So, the before photo :

click to enlarge

Taped up and been clayed

click to enlarge

Afterwards :

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

I'm fairly impressed with the results so far, couple of bits I need to redo again, but not too shabby for my first time. Arms ache now though laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255229
30/08/2011 20:11
30/08/2011 20:11

Z
zonta
Unregistered
zonta
Unregistered
Z



Great results looks like it was long over due, get a good wax on it now laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255231
30/08/2011 20:12
30/08/2011 20:12

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



Looks alot better mate smile

You really need a front grill in there though!

thumb

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255232
30/08/2011 20:15
30/08/2011 20:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Impressive laugh

It's amazing how much difference you can get with a DA compared with elbow grease and T-Cut

However, if your arms are aching, you're doing it wrong - you should be letting the polisher do all the hard work - it doesn't take much pressure to make it do it's job. Matt and I were polishing for six hours between us on Saturday with no aches or pains afterwards

I've got a really good DA Polishing instruction manual that I downloaded from CleanYourCar.co.uk - if you PM me your email addy, I send it to you.

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255271
30/08/2011 21:55
30/08/2011 21:55

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



wow , she's going to look stunning Begbie when you have done the whole car , mines next laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255286
30/08/2011 22:11
30/08/2011 22:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
Guess whats just fine in my 'want' list. Cracking job!


Coupe now sold!
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255289
30/08/2011 22:14
30/08/2011 22:14

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



All that money you spent on the engine thought you would have treated her to a respray laugh

On a diffrent note cracking work thumb

Re: Paint Correction [Re: ] #1255308
30/08/2011 23:12
30/08/2011 23:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Top work Beggers! Took years off the old girl, it's like Botox for bangers laugh



Coopless!
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255309
30/08/2011 23:14
30/08/2011 23:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Nigel, I think I know which guide you're on about. PDF with quite a few pages in it? If not, send it over and I'll have a read. I wasn't applying much pressure when doing it and was watching the rotary motion to check that it was stopping / still spinning.

Shiney, I know I need a grill, I do have a sat in the garage, but I need to make a few amendments to the bumper / FMIC before it will fit. It's on my long list of stuff to do hehe

Nismo, you can pay me tongue

Burbum, I will get a respray in the next couple of years, need to let my debts clear down a bit before doing so, but 6 - 7 years of not being polished it needs something and my arms aren't man enough to do it manually laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255314
30/08/2011 23:26
30/08/2011 23:26
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Originally Posted by Begbie
I'm fairly impressed with the results so far


Me too Begbie!!! Wow!! cool


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Kayjey] #1255343
31/08/2011 00:20
31/08/2011 00:20
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Looks very nice Begbie, it's about time you did some proper manual work laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Theresa] #1255348
31/08/2011 00:32
31/08/2011 00:32

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



[quote=Theresa it's about time you did some proper manual work laugh [/quote]

That was the machine laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255352
31/08/2011 00:47
31/08/2011 00:47
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Blimey mate, massive improvement! Looks much better.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255358
31/08/2011 01:17
31/08/2011 01:17
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
H
Hovedan Offline
Forum is my life
Hovedan  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
A million times better Alexis. Looks almost yellow now smile

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255407
31/08/2011 10:31
31/08/2011 10:31
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
Well done beggers laugh


Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: Paint Correction [Re: MarioCirillo] #1255442
31/08/2011 12:33
31/08/2011 12:33

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



ditto, well done beggars - is it making an appearance at the AGM? if so you owe me a ride out in it cool

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255447
31/08/2011 12:44
31/08/2011 12:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Yes it is coming to the AGM, much to the delight of the other half rolleyes laugh I might have to start charging people for rides rofl


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255465
31/08/2011 13:50
31/08/2011 13:50
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Originally Posted by Begbie
Nigel, I think I know which guide you're on about. PDF with quite a few pages in it? If not, send it over and I'll have a read. I wasn't applying much pressure when doing it and was watching the rotary motion to check that it was stopping / still spinning.


Yup - that's the one - seems that you already have it then. I find the trick is to keep the pad flat on the panel - as soon as you lean it, the rotary action slows or stops

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255469
31/08/2011 14:07
31/08/2011 14:07

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



Dam, i had a feeling that car was yellow!! laugh

well done begger's looks soo soo much better!

keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing it at the AGM!!

Originally Posted by Begbie
Yes it is coming to the AGM, much to the delight of the other half rolleyes laugh I might have to start charging people for rides rofl


Dont worry, me, Mario and pinky will keep becky company!!
laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255470
31/08/2011 14:14
31/08/2011 14:14

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T



Leave a bit down the middle and you have a racing stripe laugh

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255482
31/08/2011 15:20
31/08/2011 15:20

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



Well done Beggars. Looks much better (although I haven't seen it in the flesh for donkeys years anyway).

I WISH I could do something similar, but alas I fear using a DA polisher on areas where lacquer is peeled or stating to go white won't do it any favours.

And sadly there are more bits appearing on my car. Roof is almost lacquerless, white hazing appearing on drivers door, patch near the fuel cap and on top of the boot frown

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1255936
01/09/2011 17:40
01/09/2011 17:40

S
sediciRich
Unregistered
sediciRich
Unregistered
S



Hasn't polished that dent out!!

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256656
04/09/2011 00:15
04/09/2011 00:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Spent most of today doing some more polishing, only got the side with all the peeling lacquer to do now rolleyes

Before photo's
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

After photo's
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

It seems the rear has been resprayed and they didn't do a very good job of taping the rear badge up


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256672
04/09/2011 00:42
04/09/2011 00:42
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Well worth the time and effort!

Bet you're well chuffed it's turning out so nice cool

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256745
04/09/2011 12:39
04/09/2011 12:39

S
sediciRich
Unregistered
sediciRich
Unregistered
S



looking so much better!!

Now clean those wheels

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256759
04/09/2011 13:07
04/09/2011 13:07
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Excellent work!
My bodywork is better though, tongue laugh


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Paint Correction [Re: technics] #1256782
04/09/2011 14:06
04/09/2011 14:06

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



this is not my bitch fit to get court up in ...but...

but he has more BHP than you
laugh

Originally Posted by technics
Excellent work!
My bodywork is better though, tongue laugh

tongue

Re: Paint Correction [Re: ] #1256785
04/09/2011 14:10
04/09/2011 14:10

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



on another note, Alexis, your coming is coming along nicely!!

just showed my mrs your photos and her words...

Originally Posted by MrsMarco20valveT
Flipping hell, that looks great... it did look dog rough before...like the owner...is he gay?? if not, he must be Bi...

Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256814
04/09/2011 15:27
04/09/2011 15:27
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Yeah I know, Begbie has already mentioned that, hence why I thought id take the bodywork crown. laugh

Anyway Marco, dont mention bhp figures to me mate, ha. tongue

Last edited by technics; 04/09/2011 15:27.

Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Paint Correction [Re: Begbie] #1256827
04/09/2011 15:59
04/09/2011 15:59

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



That's why I didn't wan to get in voles with you 2 girls and your who's got the smaller penis game!!

laugh

Technics, just you wait!!!! wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7412 MB (Peak: 0.9802 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:21:14 UTC