Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boost gauge best match for Plus dials #1309829
24/01/2012 18:42
24/01/2012 18:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
The hunt is on for a Boost gauge that matches the Plus Silver Dials. This is the best I've found so far, you can change the bulbs for amber too:

click to enlarge

Is there a better match out there? I remember seeing pics of one that was done specifically to match the dials, but I guess they're as rare as rocking horse doo-doo!



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309836
24/01/2012 19:02
24/01/2012 19:02
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
I've got a white auto meter boost gauge and i replaced the bulb with red led. It's an ok match but i would love a silver one with a yellow needle.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309843
24/01/2012 19:20
24/01/2012 19:20

M
mattcooke
Unregistered
mattcooke
Unregistered
M



Is the starter button illuminated on the plus?

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309859
24/01/2012 19:48
24/01/2012 19:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
No it is not illuminated



Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309860
24/01/2012 19:49
24/01/2012 19:49

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Nope!

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309861
24/01/2012 19:49
24/01/2012 19:49
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
No, it's just a reflection


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: jame5] #1309888
24/01/2012 21:23
24/01/2012 21:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Doesnt look too bad Jame5! Ooh i could paint the needle yellow with model paint maybe idea



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1309923
24/01/2012 22:31
24/01/2012 22:31
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
I don't know about other gauges but auto meter gauges are pretty much impossible to take apart without breaking, tried and gave up on mine.


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: jame5] #1310365
26/01/2012 00:19
26/01/2012 00:19
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Ah. Maybe not a good idea then on a £50 gauge!



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310519
26/01/2012 15:19
26/01/2012 15:19

M
Marko_hr
Unregistered
Marko_hr
Unregistered
M




Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310612
26/01/2012 20:18
26/01/2012 20:18

P
Paul_A
Unregistered
Paul_A
Unregistered
P



I've literally just agreed to sell the gauge below to another forum member after selling my car on Monday

http://www.photobox.co.uk/slideshow?album_id=1104070161

This was bought some years ago through a FCCUK club group buy organised theough the German coupe club. It's a Racimex gauge custom built with yellow needle, silver face and 20VT logo. I don't think they are available any more, but this may help someone track down the original source.


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310632
26/01/2012 21:16
26/01/2012 21:16
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Thats the second one of those i've seen, both times just after they've sold!


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: ] #1310689
27/01/2012 00:19
27/01/2012 00:19
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Originally Posted by Paul_A
I've literally just agreed to sell the gauge below to another forum member after selling my car on Monday

http://www.photobox.co.uk/slideshow?album_id=1104070161

This was bought some years ago through a FCCUK club group buy organised theough the German coupe club. It's a Racimex gauge custom built with yellow needle, silver face and 20VT logo. I don't think they are available any more, but this may help someone track down the original source.



I saw your bit on the for sale ad about selling the boost gauge, and I was debating whether to PM you to ask if it was one that matched the clocks. I wish I had now frown
Thanks for the pic anyway! If only we could find out who did the original group buy, maybe they would do another run...

EDIT - Found the racimex website and I've asked (In English) if they remember making the custom gauge. I've also sent them the picture. Let's see if A. They remember it and B. If they can understand English (I think they will, most Germans did at the Oktoberfest last Sep anyway!)



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310694
27/01/2012 00:37
27/01/2012 00:37

N
Nello
Unregistered
Nello
Unregistered
N



Ignore my PM too then Paul ...... I'd be up for a Group Buy if you get anywhere with that Pinin....

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310710
27/01/2012 06:51
27/01/2012 06:51

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Me too

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1310917
27/01/2012 19:46
27/01/2012 19:46
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Me three!


Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1312106
30/01/2012 22:51
30/01/2012 22:51

P
Paul_A
Unregistered
Paul_A
Unregistered
P



I had a look through my old PMs from way back, but couldn't find anything on the group buy - sorry. Hopefully your racimex query will get some results - would be good to get another batch made up, as these seem pretty rare.

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: ] #1312124
31/01/2012 01:25
31/01/2012 01:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
No Joy frown

"Hi & thanks for the order!
We do not customize instruments, haven't for 20 years or more,
please check .racimex.de for info on the 228oo boost gauge with
black dial only!
Cheers,

Sven Emmermann"

Hmm, I doubt the GB for the Plus dials was 20 years ago! Oh well. I think it was a Group Buy on the German forum? if anyone has more info then please drop me a PM. I'll chase it up some more if I have some more info/proof to got back to 'Sven' with!



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1312207
31/01/2012 13:42
31/01/2012 13:42

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Sadly (for you) Matt, it was me that's just bought Paul's gauge. shocked

The good news is that it comes with all the paperwork (I think) so I'll pass any useful info over to you. smile

On a side note, I always thought the original GB was through a French Club? confused

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: ] #1312548
01/02/2012 02:12
01/02/2012 02:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Originally Posted by MABR
Sadly (for you) Matt, it was me that's just bought Paul's gauge. shocked

The good news is that it comes with all the paperwork (I think) so I'll pass any useful info over to you. smile

On a side note, I always thought the original GB was through a French Club? confused


Grrr! Stop buying everything Craig, you're like a black hole, sucking up everything in site! laugh
I heard it was the German forum? somebody must know more. Doesn't Kayjey have one?



Coopless!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1312563
01/02/2012 09:34
01/02/2012 09:34

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Grrr! Stop buying everything Craig, you're like a black hole, sucking up everything in site! laugh
I heard it was the German forum? somebody must know more. Doesn't Kayjey have one?


LOL. smile If it's any consolation and in an effort to "buck the trend", I'll be sticking a full set of Bilstein dampers on Fleabay at the weekend - see; I may be buying stuff but I also try to distribute some goodies to the good people of this Forum. laugh

The gauge arrived yesterday love and there's some paperwork with it (haven't had chance to check yet) so I'll bring this with me when I call to collect the Zender Rear Lip if you like? cool

EDIT: Oh and Kayjay sold his to h2ypr.

Last edited by MABR; 01/02/2012 09:37. Reason: Forgot about the guy who wrote the book on parts stashing!
Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: ] #1312584
01/02/2012 10:34
01/02/2012 10:34
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
As above and yes, I think it was the French forum too.

I have one of these gauges, bought from MABR some years ago laugh

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: Theresa] #1312763
01/02/2012 18:13
01/02/2012 18:13

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Theresa
I have one of these gauges, bought from MABR some years ago laugh


Yes, I replaced mine with a Defi one but I've since seen the error of my ways. smile

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1313467
03/02/2012 21:53
03/02/2012 21:53

P
Paul_A
Unregistered
Paul_A
Unregistered
P



Glad it arrived OK MABR - hope you put it to better use than I did!!! smile

Re: Boost gauge best match for Plus dials [Re: ] #1313513
04/02/2012 00:19
04/02/2012 00:19

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Paul_A
Glad it arrived OK MABR - hope you put it to better use than I did!!! smile


Hopefully being fitted into my Nomad Pillarpod this weekend. smile


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.7045 MB (Peak: 0.8783 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:29:16 UTC