Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can anyone identify this strut brace? #1339680
02/05/2012 19:32
02/05/2012 19:32
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Any ideas of the make?

Last edited by jame5; 02/05/2012 19:34.

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339702
02/05/2012 20:55
02/05/2012 20:55
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404
Anglesey N.Wales
cowboy Offline
Forum is my life
cowboy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404
Anglesey N.Wales
momo strut brace


[Linked Image]
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339761
02/05/2012 23:33
02/05/2012 23:33
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Thanks! Any clue how easy they are to fit? Looks pretty simple.... (famous last words!)


Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339766
03/05/2012 00:01
03/05/2012 00:01
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
Dead easy. You need to undo the bolts on top of the turrets with a 13mm socket. Position the brace over and then refit the bolts.

You need to make sure that the bolts are long enough and you need to be careful that you don't cross thread the bolt going in as the captive nuts on the top mounts are made of cheese.

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339777
03/05/2012 00:42
03/05/2012 00:42
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Do you know which way round it goes, adjuster to the drivers or passenger side?


Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339779
03/05/2012 00:46
03/05/2012 00:46
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
James you need to Hoover your floor laugh


Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: MarioCirillo] #1339804
03/05/2012 09:06
03/05/2012 09:06
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
sandytim Offline
Enjoying the ride
sandytim  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
Originally Posted by MarioCirillo
James you need to Hoover your floor laugh


Ha Ha. You get plenty of help and advice on this forum laugh

And if I could add;

You need to get some contrasting colours in there as it's all a bit....... "Grey".

A popular choise on here is purple cool


[Linked Image]
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339809
03/05/2012 09:11
03/05/2012 09:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Bring it Saturday to Brooklands and I'll fit it or stand over you telling you what to do laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: Begbie] #1339815
03/05/2012 09:21
03/05/2012 09:21

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T



Joe Minor (Jake) fitted mine at Brooklands last year.... cool

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: Begbie] #1339846
03/05/2012 11:44
03/05/2012 11:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Originally Posted by Begbie
Bring it Saturday to Brooklands and I'll fit it or stand over you telling you what to do laugh


He'll stand telling you what to do wink


Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: Sedicivalvole] #1339853
03/05/2012 12:13
03/05/2012 12:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by Sedicivalvole
Originally Posted by Begbie
Bring it Saturday to Brooklands and I'll fit it or stand over you telling you what to do laugh


He'll stand telling you what to do wink

I thought that is what Mario does? chinny


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1339859
03/05/2012 12:31
03/05/2012 12:31
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by jame5
Do you know which way round it goes, adjuster to the drivers or passenger side?


The adjuster lives on the right hand side as you stand at the front.

You might have to remove the plastic engine loom tray that runs across the top of the O/S turret as well as pull the ABS maxifuse holder forward, they do fit but this design was meant for the 16v and 20v n/a models.

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: Begbie] #1339875
03/05/2012 13:32
03/05/2012 13:32

M
Marco20ValveT
Unregistered
Marco20ValveT
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Begbie
Originally Posted by Sedicivalvole
Originally Posted by Begbie
Bring it Saturday to Brooklands and I'll fit it or stand over you telling you what to do laugh


He'll stand telling you what to do wink

I thought that is what Mario does? chinny


No thats what Nick does laugh

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: MarioCirillo] #1339940
03/05/2012 19:00
03/05/2012 19:00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Originally Posted by MarioCirillo
James you need to Hoover your floor laugh


Granted, the floor needs a hoover, but is it really my job? Come to think of it there's a pile of washing up in the kitchen too irked hehe

As for the brace, i'll be swapping it with my omp one tomorrow, after a good polishing and maybe hoovering my carpet blush


Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1340291
05/05/2012 00:08
05/05/2012 00:08
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
click to enlarge click to enlarge

Polished and fitted!


Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1340434
05/05/2012 20:37
05/05/2012 20:37

A
AP1
Unregistered
AP1
Unregistered
A



Looking good.

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1340814
07/05/2012 16:08
07/05/2012 16:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
Puts your inlet plenum and suspension strut mounts to shame smile

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1340825
07/05/2012 16:55
07/05/2012 16:55
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline OP
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
They are on the list Jimbo!


Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1341910
10/05/2012 21:38
10/05/2012 21:38

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



click to enlarge
Snap!

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: jame5] #1342460
12/05/2012 16:50
12/05/2012 16:50

L
leon1
Unregistered
leon1
Unregistered
L



nice bonnet pull

Re: Can anyone identify this strut brace? [Re: ] #1342463
12/05/2012 17:00
12/05/2012 17:00

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Originally Posted by leon1
nice bonnet pull

My cable is in working order. Intermittent when I first got the car so put a cable on it. And so it remains.
Consider it insurance now. Better than a screwdriver any ways up! laugh


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 13 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6929 MB (Peak: 0.8500 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:06:02 UTC