Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (YFG, jarofjam, Notfastwes), 1,093 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B Pillars #1374126
03/09/2012 21:55
03/09/2012 21:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Since I'm going to convert from my N/A B pillar to a turbo one after spotting a link from Nigel of a set of yellow 16v badges and the fact I have new turbo badges for a few years now, but my dilmena now is, do I go for a matt black on the B pillars, or go for a nice gloss black?

Hmmm.....


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374129
03/09/2012 21:57
03/09/2012 21:57

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



Matt Black.

Last edited by porkypaul; 03/09/2012 21:58. Reason: It'll match the Matt Yellow Bonnet ;-)
Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374137
03/09/2012 22:05
03/09/2012 22:05

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



I like the original satin. Gloss will work well with your colour.
How about, gloss Broom Yellow?

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374138
03/09/2012 22:07
03/09/2012 22:07

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



Gloss black or black carbon wrap lacquered thumb

Re: B Pillars [Re: ] #1374139
03/09/2012 22:07
03/09/2012 22:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by dlongstaff
I like the original satin. Gloss will work well with your colour.
How about, gloss Broom Yellow?

I did think about it, but not quite sure how well it would work, might be too much yellow chinny

Paul, I'm not even going to rise to your edit tongue


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374143
03/09/2012 22:11
03/09/2012 22:11

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



or use your da polisher with some t-cut and see how they come out , Mario did a great job on mine .

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374303
04/09/2012 05:56
04/09/2012 05:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
I certainly wouldn't go yellow, it would be too much!

Keep some shine on there to tie in with the windows or it's going to look too patchwork quiltish of differing finishes.
I'd keep it the semi gloss satin finish and put a 30% tint in the Windows to make the whole black area tie in.

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374317
04/09/2012 08:30
04/09/2012 08:30
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Original satin, the Halfords stuff a very good match.


Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374717
05/09/2012 00:31
05/09/2012 00:31

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



I think you need to do the mirrors/feet too in gloss black if you do it, looks great but hard(er) work...

Re: B Pillars [Re: ] #1374806
05/09/2012 09:56
05/09/2012 09:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by Per
I think you need to do the mirrors/feet too in gloss black if you do it, looks great but hard(er) work...

Interesting, not thought of that one idea


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374822
05/09/2012 10:47
05/09/2012 10:47

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



black carbon wrap then lacquered -

click to enlarge

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1374973
05/09/2012 19:17
05/09/2012 19:17
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
That does look good Iain, tempted myself. I still want to see someone strip and polish the pillars, wouldn't look right on a broomy though.


Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375113
06/09/2012 07:13
06/09/2012 07:13
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Scuderia Offline
My life on the forum
Scuderia  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Did you have to remove the door handle, or can you put it on in place?

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375126
06/09/2012 08:09
06/09/2012 08:09

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



removed the door handel and b pillar , wrapped and lacquered , then replaced .

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375283
06/09/2012 17:13
06/09/2012 17:13
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
volumex Offline
My job on the forum
volumex  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
silly question how do u get them off the car

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375288
06/09/2012 17:31
06/09/2012 17:31

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



remove rear seats , remove seatbelts , remove rear bottom inner pannel , remove rear top inner pannel , then undo 2 bolts and the b pillar comes off .

then just reverse to put back together .

Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375290
06/09/2012 17:33
06/09/2012 17:33

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N




Re: B Pillars [Re: ] #1375373
06/09/2012 20:15
06/09/2012 20:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by nismo
remove rear seats , remove seatbelts , remove rear bottom inner pannel , remove rear top inner pannel , then undo 2 bolts and the b pillar comes off .

then just reverse to put back together .

In my case, none of the above. I have direct access laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: B Pillars [Re: Begbie] #1375375
06/09/2012 20:16
06/09/2012 20:16

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



laugh


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6693 MB (Peak: 0.8079 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 19:21:45 UTC