|
1 registered members (phil16vturbo),
1,057
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Front Speaker Upgrade
#1383932
10/10/2012 12:27
10/10/2012 12:27
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
OP
ex El Presidente
|
OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
Oohh I normally don't venture into this section of the forum, but since I upgraded my headunit, I think I may have knackered one of the front speakers from having the music up louder than normal  I see from Bockers FAQ that the front's are 6.5" speakers, but was wondering what I should go for? I'm ideally after something that will give a bit of bass, bearing in mind, these are going to be the only speakers in the car. So, suggestions are welcome 
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Front Speaker Upgrade
[Re: Begbie]
#1384099
11/10/2012 09:20
11/10/2012 09:20
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Also if you really want good sound, don't forget to buy a full kit with separate tweeters (for the IP) incl. new filters. And new/bigger cables for the doors! 
|
|
|
Re: Front Speaker Upgrade
[Re: Begbie]
#1384249
12/10/2012 00:20
12/10/2012 00:20
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
To be honest Per, I think it would be all a bit too much for the car. You have to remember I have no sound deadening in the car, the rear is completely stripped out and have part of the rollcage blocking the front speaker anyway
Haha why bother anyway? I wouldnt hear anything in that car! 
|
|
|
Re: Front Speaker Upgrade
[Re: Begbie]
#1398408
16/12/2012 17:21
16/12/2012 17:21
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
how about a pair of head phones?
|
|
|
Re: Front Speaker Upgrade
[Re: Begbie]
#1409456
07/02/2013 09:15
07/02/2013 09:15
|
Biggenz
Unregistered
|
Biggenz
Unregistered
|
If you're going to run components, you have to amp them otherwise you might as well just buy cheap chinky chonky speakers as they'll sound pants off the head unit. Most components need at least a 100Wrms to bring them to life, as the cross overs sap a lot of power.
I think your best bet is to just buy a decent pair of coaxials and run it straight off the headunit.
Focal is not as good as many people think unless you buy the top of the range stuff. Hertz make some of the best sounding speakers but are quite pricey, and Alpine makes very good speakers at decent prices.
|
|
|
|