|
0 registered members (),
1,164
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Suspension upgrade advice
#1412535
23/02/2013 13:45
23/02/2013 13:45
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618 SE Essex
charlie_croker
OP
I need some sleep
|
OP
I need some sleep
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
|
I have a budget for Coupe refresh and have just renewed Droplinks, wishbones, clutch etc etc.
Car is currently on Eibach springs it rides good with good handling, it has a Sparco front upper strut brace.
While generally satisfied with handling, I feel it could be a bit sharper do I:
1. Fit the Whiteline 22mm rear ARB? 2. Bite the bullet and fit Bilstein shocks? (According to some posts on here, that may involve refitting standard springs). And some have said they noticed no real difference after fitting, current standard shocks are working OK. (Yes bump stops were cut when fitting the springs)
Any advice gratefully received.
Happy
|
|
|
Re: Suspension upgrade advice
[Re: Gunzi]
#1413298
27/02/2013 18:22
27/02/2013 18:22
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 360 England, Devon
lost55
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 360
England, Devon
|
If your shocks are the original ones the Coupe came with then they are probably past their best and I'd say it's worth getting the Billies. Hi Gunzi - Would that be B6 Billies?
|
|
|
Re: Suspension upgrade advice
[Re: lost55]
#1413309
27/02/2013 19:36
27/02/2013 19:36
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071 Southsea
Gunzi
Club member 189, Former Club President
|
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
|
If your shocks are the original ones the Coupe came with then they are probably past their best and I'd say it's worth getting the Billies. Hi Gunzi - Would that be B6 Billies? Yep 
Last edited by Gunzi; 27/02/2013 19:36. Reason: Too slow!
|
|
|
Re: Suspension upgrade advice
[Re: charlie_croker]
#1413370
27/02/2013 23:15
27/02/2013 23:15
|
dw89
Unregistered
|
dw89
Unregistered
|
Wouldn't a set of BC Coilovers cost roughly the same price as a set of billies, eibachs and new top mounts?
|
|
|
|