|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: External wastegate question...
[Re: nick_d]
#1482630
07/04/2014 12:36
07/04/2014 12:36
|
Jopa_zgd
Unregistered
|
Jopa_zgd
Unregistered
|
it matter  Maybe, you will have aboost creep ( http://flatironsrally.typepad.com/faq/2007/12/what-is-boost-c.html) also the direction of pipe going to WG matter, if you put it in opposite direction than exhaust flow is, boost creep is here  the best way is closer as much as you can to the manifold and in direction of exhaust gases  In my case, we couldn't put the pipe in gas direction 100% so i bought a Turbosmart Progate 48mm WG (big ass mthfcka) to avoid boost creep
|
|
|
Re: External wastegate question...
[Re: nick_d]
#1482806
08/04/2014 11:49
08/04/2014 11:49
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
Yes, not my favourite manifold at all  Trouble is, you won't know if you will have boost creep until the wastegate is on there. I still get some creep on my manifold and I'm running a 44mm wastegate.
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: External wastegate question...
[Re: Begbie]
#1482808
08/04/2014 12:30
08/04/2014 12:30
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829 kidderminster
nick_d
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
|
If that's the case I'll just get it all welded up a bolted in... Might have her running by the weekend?!  I picked this up for a good price... http://bit.ly/1eo1RnpNick
368bhp @ 1.5 bar
|
|
|
|