Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What tyres? [Re: Begbie] #1512277
19/10/2014 23:43
19/10/2014 23:43

S
Slugcatcher1
Unregistered
Slugcatcher1
Unregistered
S



Realise I'm late to the party here, and what the heck do I know, but...

I've owned loads of cars over the years, BMWs, Saabs, Fords, the odd (dare I say it) Vauxhall, as well as a Mazda MX5, and I've always driven between 15 and 25K miles a year. I (naively) thought it was best to stick to what tyres the manufacturers placed on the cars when they left the factory but I soon learnt.

To date my favourites have got be Goodyears in whatever guise. The best have always been Goodyear Eagle F1s but in the 'V' pattern. They've always stuck like s**t even in the pouring rain, have given the right amount of feel, and haven't tramlined either, be it front or rear wheel drive. My only gripe has been that they gave too much grip on the MX5. They've always lasted longer than most. Would love to try them on a coupe but I can't find any 'V' patterned Eagles for sale that would fit the standard wheel (for when I buy a set to replace my non standard alloys).

And one last point, I don't know about other parts of the UK but I've noticed the Police cars in Yorkshire are shod with Goodyears (whether it be on their BMWs or Vauxhalls) and considering the punishment the vehicles go through they must be worth fitting. Of course, the Police don't use Fiat coupes, so as I said above, what the heck do I know...

Re: What tyres? [Re: Begbie] #1512295
20/10/2014 08:09
20/10/2014 08:09
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
Toyo Tr 1,Continental sport contact and Michelen pilot super sport.



Re: What tyres? [Re: Begbie] #1513515
29/10/2014 09:07
29/10/2014 09:07
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Scotland and North East Englan...
Dill Offline
Reaping the fruits
Dill  Offline
Reaping the fruits

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Scotland and North East Englan...
Yoko ad08 best ever summer tyre had on my coupe and great trackdays...but not great in wet...Evo mag had them as best dry handling and have to say corner speeds easily up ten mph plus, but not great in the wet so not a winter all rounder that's for sure, but 225's fit nicely on standard wheels and look great!;-), obviously noise rating higher than some others but good wear and one of the best improvements to coupe's handling and great recommendation by john who services my car!
I normally go over to winter tyres, cheapest on old set of wheels does the job for winter apart from useless bolts snapping off of course!;-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 15 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6059 MB (Peak: 0.6648 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:03:35 UTC