Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 641 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: #1539996
01/06/2015 18:30
01/06/2015 18:30

G
glenn1960
Unregistered
glenn1960
Unregistered
G



This will be interesting to know which is the forum's least favourite colour for our treasured cars

I will start the ball rolling and say

moon grey .

This is just for least favourite colours, not favoured ones, as previous thread was for both a few years ago.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1539998
01/06/2015 18:49
01/06/2015 18:49
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Robotrish Offline
Enjoying the ride
Robotrish  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Originally Posted by glenn1960
This will be interesting to know which is the forum's least favourite colour for our treasured cars

I will start the ball rolling and say

moon grey .

This is just for least favourite colours, not favoured ones, as previous thread was for both a few years ago.


I agree but I'm stuck with it

click to enlarge

It's a shocker

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540000
01/06/2015 19:05
01/06/2015 19:05

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Moon grey looks OK! I'd say Scotts Green with 'murple' being a close second.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540001
01/06/2015 19:09
01/06/2015 19:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Scott's green


997 C4S
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540004
01/06/2015 19:17
01/06/2015 19:17
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083
Alcester
mikndo69 Offline
Enjoying the ride
mikndo69  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083
Alcester
Murple and Scott's green


Fast as FCCUK.org
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540006
01/06/2015 19:26
01/06/2015 19:26

C
chipped
Unregistered
chipped
Unregistered
C



If murple is that nasty lilac colour then that!
My scotts green with gold wheels RIP looked awsome when it was polished up in the sun.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540009
01/06/2015 19:29
01/06/2015 19:29
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
H_R Offline
My life on the forum
H_R  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
Seriously difficult as each colour looks different depending on light conditions, quality of the paintwork and if a tasteful body kit is fitted..….

Well my least favourite would be all of them bar Scott's green!! biglaugh

Not biased honest!


Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540014
01/06/2015 19:42
01/06/2015 19:42

L
Loui
Unregistered
Loui
Unregistered
L



Porto has to be lol

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540016
01/06/2015 19:45
01/06/2015 19:45

D
davep
Unregistered
davep
Unregistered
D



Scotts green looks like an old jag

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540018
01/06/2015 19:53
01/06/2015 19:53
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 746
Greater Manchester
hoban81 Offline
Enjoying the ride
hoban81  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 746
Greater Manchester
Gay purple

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540019
01/06/2015 19:58
01/06/2015 19:58

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



Primer = Crono

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540022
01/06/2015 20:11
01/06/2015 20:11

M
metalste
Unregistered
metalste
Unregistered
M



Scotts green for me, sorry.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540023
01/06/2015 20:12
01/06/2015 20:12
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Worst for me are Scott's Green, Wine Red and Electric Blue. The rest of the metallics follow though Ink Black is still nice. Bold, bright solid colours for interesting cars thank you yes


F****** b****** thing...
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540024
01/06/2015 20:12
01/06/2015 20:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306
Aldershot
Yep, definitely Chrono.

I have a spare chrono bumper and it is a close match for the grey primer I use, perhaps slightly bluer in some lights.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: H_R] #1540028
01/06/2015 20:15
01/06/2015 20:15

F
F1ANG
Unregistered
F1ANG
Unregistered
F



Originally Posted by H_R
Seriously difficult as each colour looks different depending on light conditions, quality of the paintwork and if a tasteful body kit is fitted..….


Couldn't agree more, definitely depends on the car! I've often thought I really disliked a specific colour coupe, only to see one, in that same colour and have it surprisingly blow me away! I think any/all of the factory coupe colours can look great depending on the car. That said comparing colours on a standard car may be a different story!

Here's a little murple porn for all the haters out there laugh
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540029
01/06/2015 20:21
01/06/2015 20:21

F
furry
Unregistered
furry
Unregistered
F



+1 for what F1ANG said. I've never been a fan of sprint blue but a certain few with tasteful mods do look ok but could never own one.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540031
01/06/2015 20:24
01/06/2015 20:24

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



Scott's green , charmonix green oh and for the record I think chrono is a amazing color , very rare aswell it must be you old folks that don't agree laugh
Just don't tell my dad I don't like Scotty's haha .

Last edited by Burbum123; 01/06/2015 20:32.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540041
01/06/2015 21:28
01/06/2015 21:28

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Don't get me wrong F1ANG - I don't hate it, just ranks as one of my 'least favourite'. wink Very tidy motor btw! cool
Vaguely colour related, the black sills on my old 16V spoiled the look. The factory body kit is a vast improvement IMO.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540042
01/06/2015 21:36
01/06/2015 21:36
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 299
Boston, UK
Spoonz Offline
Making a profit
Spoonz  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 299
Boston, UK
hard question, ive had a scotts green and loved the colour
click to enlarge

if i was really picky i'd say ink black.


Signature to large. 300 x 100 max
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540047
01/06/2015 21:46
01/06/2015 21:46

G
Gavlar
Unregistered
Gavlar
Unregistered
G



I don't like Scotts green or porto blue.......oh hang on a bit that's the colours of both my coupes.

Oh well beggars can't be choosers.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: Trappy] #1540049
01/06/2015 21:55
01/06/2015 21:55

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by Trappy
Worst for me are Scott's Green, Wine Red and Electric Blue. The rest of the metallics follow though Ink Black is still nice. Bold, bright solid colours for interesting cars thank you yes


How can you not like electric blue ? suicide

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540050
01/06/2015 21:58
01/06/2015 21:58

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Quote
How can you not like electric blue ?

That's easy. Envy. biglaugh

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540057
01/06/2015 22:23
01/06/2015 22:23

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



laugh

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540065
01/06/2015 22:45
01/06/2015 22:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
When I bought the Coupé I would have said blue and probably sprint blue the least.

But whilst owning them I've come to like most colours. I think that condition and presentation matter more. A well presented Coupé in any colour generally looks good.

However if pushed I actually least like the two that I used to like the most crazy - Pearl White and Energy Green.


Gone Audi mad!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540067
01/06/2015 22:53
01/06/2015 22:53

G
glenn1960
Unregistered
glenn1960
Unregistered
G



Originally Posted by Burbum123
Originally Posted by Trappy
Worst for me are Scott's Green, Wine Red and Electric Blue. The rest of the metallics follow though Ink Black is still nice. Bold, bright solid colours for interesting cars thank you yes


How can you not like electric blue ? suicide

I agree, great colour. I din't like sprint blue, any green or metallic red, but they have grown on me. Think having a contrasting interior helps, tan with an inky, red with a grey etc. Some its suits , others not.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540068
01/06/2015 23:10
01/06/2015 23:10

W
Wombat
Unregistered
Wombat
Unregistered
W



Not sure if I like this anti-scots green feeling. It is not my favourite, but has grown on me in a very biased way. Mine is looking great since its respray.

My least favourite colour, red. I don't think the Coupe shape carries red off very well at all!

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540071
01/06/2015 23:34
01/06/2015 23:34
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 730
t0m0 Offline
Enjoying the ride
t0m0  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 730
I find different colours look good with different specs.

I like sprint (really like, in fact I think its the iconic colour for a 20vt)blue and yellow with black sills(iconic 16v cars) but find them too much with any kind of kit

I most like that dark metallic green(Verdi is it?) with plus spec kit.

I don't like Crono!

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540072
01/06/2015 23:35
01/06/2015 23:35

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by Wombat
Not sure if I like this anti-scots green feeling. It is not my favourite, but has grown on me in a very biased way. Mine is looking great since its respray.

My least favourite colour, red. I don't think the Coupe shape carries red off very well at all!


Haha so how's that work Italian sports cars are known to be red ,each to there own.

Last edited by Burbum123; 01/06/2015 23:42.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1540073
01/06/2015 23:39
01/06/2015 23:39
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
Boosted7 Offline
My life on the forum
Boosted7  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
I'm not normally a fan of green cars but Scotts green is actually a lovely colour for the coupe. Barmybob's coupe was one of the best looking in Turin last year, and I think the only scotts there out of 150 coupes if I'm not mistaken?


1998 Steel Grey 20V Turbo
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: Boosted7] #1540089
02/06/2015 02:17
02/06/2015 02:17
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
I like most colours, but in any light, I really don't like Chamonix Green (sorry to those few owners out there) frown

I don't like Scotts Green when it's unwashed/unpolished, but when cleaned up, it's a nice colour.

Also not keen on the Energy Green frown


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 15 (0.010s) Memory: 0.7220 MB (Peak: 0.9356 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 20:47:10 UTC