» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,610
Posts1,341,237
Members1,804
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,563
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,301
PeteP 21,520
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,817
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anybody Know About Banking Rules? #1563920
19/02/2016 18:49
19/02/2016 18:49
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
MeanRedSpider  Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
A couple of weeks back, whilst doing some on-line banking, I noticed Lloyds were doing a new car finance system. In idle interest, I clicked through to the loan calculator only to be greeted with the message "You are not eligible for this service" and giving links to the credit reference agencies. Now, I know my Experian score is around 980 ex 999 and marked as "Excellent" so I called the bank who said there was no reason they could see why I shouldn't be eligible even to LOOK at the numbers let alone apply. So I raised a complaint, assuming it was a fault.

Today the bank came back to say that the system was correct. They couldn't tell me why though but suggested I send them my credit report. This I did - showing the "Excellent" rating. They said there must be something in the way I run my accounts (outside the bank) that is causing it. I responded that surely that was part of the "Excellent" rating.

They kept saying that they weren't privy to the information against which the computer said 'No". I countered that surely SOMEONE could look at it else how would they know there wasn't a fault. They kept saying they couldn't do that.

What's the situation with this? Can I make a request under the DPA or some such to get clarity on this? If I can't find out what the problem is, how can I fix it?

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1563925
19/02/2016 19:29
19/02/2016 19:29
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

SE Essex
I would make a Subject Access Request to Lloyds, it will cost you a maximum of £10 and they will then have to provide all the information they hold about you.

"What information is an individual entitled to?
Subject access is most often used by individuals who want to see a copy of the information an organisation holds about them. However, subject access goes further than this and an individual is entitled to be:
• told whether any personal data is being processed;
• given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people;
• given a copy of the personal data; and
• given details of the source of the data (where this is available).
An individual can also request information about the reasoning behind any automated decisions taken about him or her, such
as a computer-generated decision to grant or deny credit, or an assessment of performance at work (except where this information is a trade secret).
Subject access provides a right for the requester to see their own personal data, rather than a right to see copies of documents that contain their personal data. Often, the easiest way to provide the relevant information is to supply copies of original documents, but you are not obliged to do this." SAR info

I would also ask for a copy of their official complaints policy and state that once that has been dealt with that you intend to complain to the Ombudsman.

It does sound a perverse decision.

https://www.lloydsbank.com/insurance/privacy-policy.asp

DSAR Unit
Lloyds Bank
Customer Service Recovery
Charlton Place, C57
Andover, SP10 1RE

Dear Sir or Madam
Subject access request

Please supply me with any information Lloyds Bank holds about me as I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I am particularly interested in information covering;
Current Account XXXXXXX
Credit Card Account xxxxxxxxx

However please do not restrict the search for information held to those accounts as I would like to receive everything you hold that relates to me personally.

My previous address was: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My previous name was: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you need any more information from me please let me know as soon as possible. I have enclosed a cheque/postal order for £10 to cover the statutory fee.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Last edited by charlie_croker; 19/02/2016 19:41.

Happy
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1563926
19/02/2016 19:42
19/02/2016 19:42
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Thanks, CC, I will give that a go

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1563933
19/02/2016 20:55
19/02/2016 20:55
Kent
Submariner Offline
My job on the forum
Submariner  Offline
My job on the forum

Kent
Save the ten squid and go get a cheaper loan from someone else

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1563935
19/02/2016 21:12
19/02/2016 21:12
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
I don't need the loan but I do need my bank not to fork me about.

The ironic thing is the spiel says that, as my bank, they know me and won't leave a credit report footprint - what nonsense!

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1564554
25/02/2016 09:05
25/02/2016 09:05
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
What a total mess our banking/financial systems are:

It all started with MasterCard telling my CC company that my card details were compromised. To cut a long story short my CC company cancelled my old card and, with it, my direct debit. They then proceeded to try to call on that DD.

They then contacted me to say my payment hadn't been made. I suggested that it was their mistake which they confirmed. They said they'd make sure I had no credit report issues.

I then got an alert (from my bank service) to say my credit report had a missed payment. This was my CC company!

My CC company then confirmed they had sorted it.

I tried to confirm through my bank's alert service it was fixed but they had changed provider and could no longer tell me.

Next my bank told me I couldn't see the loan calculator due to issues with my credit report. But refused to confirm what it was (as above)

By this time I'm travelling - I tried to access my CallCredit report directly but was refused access because I was outside the UK (despite being a UK resident) claiming protection under DPA. I finally got past that to discover that there was STILL a late payment market from the CC company on my report (that only shows on my CallCredit report and neither Experian or Equifax). I sent CallCredit evidence of the CC cock-up so they've now removed the marker.

I now need to see if that resolves the bank issue though I have issued the request as per CharlieC's advice.

What a bloody mess though. If I'd been trying to buy a house I'd have been going mental at all of this.

One of the funniest bits was that CallCredit tried to tell me that I couldn't access their service because .co.uk domains can't be accessed outside the UK!!!

The credit card company have so far only offered me £50 for all of this trouble! I have an FOS complaint in against them.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1564558
25/02/2016 09:24
25/02/2016 09:24
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
What a PITA. Hope it's all sorted soon.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1564560
25/02/2016 09:27
25/02/2016 09:27
2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
B
bezzer Offline
Forum is my life
bezzer  Offline
Forum is my life
B

2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
Blimey Rich, what a mess!

......My Boy...... (PB #7)
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1564630
25/02/2016 17:03
25/02/2016 17:03
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Harpenden
Your experian score means zilch to a bank.

They like to target things to certain groups and you might live in the wrong area, be the wrong age, have an existing loan or have too much debt vs income or maybe your living room hall is the wrong shade of magnolia smile

Banks do their own credit scoring and they just use the data from experian. They also pre-approve segment of their customers, their failure is showing you the loan offer.

Dont take it personally, banks are under no obligation to offer you a loan even if you have a platinum plated credit score.

How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1564636
25/02/2016 18:39
25/02/2016 18:39

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

If you want to know about banking rules, watch the movie 'The Big Short' New release. Bunch of crooks smile

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: ] #1564642
25/02/2016 19:59
25/02/2016 19:59
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

South Cambs
Originally Posted By: patch234
If you want to know about banking rules, watch the movie 'The Big Short'

That will just make him very angry grr

Gone Audi mad!
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1564712
26/02/2016 14:18
26/02/2016 14:18
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
I have no problem with the bank offering me a loan or not - I'd just like to understand their reasoning. Instead I'll just take my business (everything) to a better bank. What really bugs me is the shambles in what is supposed to be a regulated business. Regulated? Too funny!

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1566521
15/03/2016 10:28
15/03/2016 10:28
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

SE Essex
Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
What a total mess our banking/financial systems are:

It all started with MasterCard telling my CC company that my card details were compromised. To cut a long story short my CC company cancelled my old card and, with it, my direct debit. They then proceeded to try to call on that DD.

They then contacted me to say my payment hadn't been made. I suggested that it was their mistake which they confirmed. They said they'd make sure I had no credit report issues.

I then got an alert (from my bank service) to say my credit report had a missed payment. This was my CC company!

My CC company then confirmed they had sorted it.

I tried to confirm through my bank's alert service it was fixed but they had changed provider and could no longer tell me.

Next my bank told me I couldn't see the loan calculator due to issues with my credit report. But refused to confirm what it was (as above)

By this time I'm travelling - I tried to access my CallCredit report directly but was refused access because I was outside the UK (despite being a UK resident) claiming protection under DPA. I finally got past that to discover that there was STILL a late payment market from the CC company on my report (that only shows on my CallCredit report and neither Experian or Equifax). I sent CallCredit evidence of the CC cock-up so they've now removed the marker.

I now need to see if that resolves the bank issue though I have issued the request as per CharlieC's advice.

What a bloody mess though. If I'd been trying to buy a house I'd have been going mental at all of this.

One of the funniest bits was that CallCredit tried to tell me that I couldn't access their service because .co.uk domains can't be accessed outside the UK!!!

The credit card company have so far only offered me £50 for all of this trouble! I have an FOS complaint in against them.

Bloody hell I am not surprised you are wanting to sort that out! That's pretty shoddy service.

Happy
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1566527
15/03/2016 10:54
15/03/2016 10:54
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
The bank have come back to me and will be letting me have the data in response to my request by 8 April. They're also still investigating.

I've provided FOS the card company details and now they're following up with them.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to moving banks

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1566551
15/03/2016 14:26
15/03/2016 14:26
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

SE Essex
I would be interested to hear the outcome, if they cant process data correctly, then there's something wrong especially when it can have a serious impact on people's lives.

Happy
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1566567
15/03/2016 16:14
15/03/2016 16:14
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Yup - I'll let you know, CC.

I actually mailed my MP to say that financial compliance is still broken

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1567897
30/03/2016 11:25
30/03/2016 11:25
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
The saga continues. Complained to FOS about the credit card company complaint response and that they were going to only offer me £50 for all of the aggro they've caused me by messing up my credit file.

One word: shocking! Apparently (and I'm due to get this in writing later) there are NO guidelines at all for what compensation a bank should give. It seems to be entirely up to what the individual at FOS thinks is "reasonable". So, despite serial cock-ups (including telling me my credit file was resolved when it wasn't), the FOS person is proposing to accept the credit card company's position. And I have nothing against which to reference it. To go further, I will need to provide phone bills etc etc to prove the out-of-pocket expenses.

The idea that financial services are in any way properly regulated is a joke. Even the FOS guy pointed out that they are funded by the banks. It really is no wonder to me that I get such terrible service from the financial institutions I deal with.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1567901
30/03/2016 12:05
30/03/2016 12:05
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
It makes you wonder what model they work to that permits the end result to be such contempt for the customer. I seem to remember that if you complained articulately and with good reason, you generally got some kind of satisfactory result - eventually. Nowadays (perhaps since the advent of the 'poodle' regulators to make it seem as though we are getting listened to), implacable, "what are you going to do about it?" contempt seems to be the brick wall we end up facing.

Having said that, I remember MrsC having a long struggle over a credit rating error caused by BT. Long, long story short, BT awarded her £50 compensation for the aggro they had caused, then pursued her, saying SHE owed THEM the £50!

Hope you get some kind of satisfaction.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1570093
18/04/2016 10:40
18/04/2016 10:40
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Well I'm making progress though it is long and slow.

My Subject Access Request info turned up from the bank - two huge packages of paper!
I rooted through it at the weekend looking for the diamonds amongst the rocks and found a few interesting things especially on the bank's risk data:
- the bank would grant me a credit card with a very healthy limit
- the bank would grant me a personal loan of a good size
- the bank rates me as a pretty low risk on their risk scoring system and would grant me their best rates of interest.

As a reminder, this is against a background of them not even letting me LOOK at the car finance calculator supposedly due to my poor credit rating.

Also on their CRM data I found that I was logged as working for the company I left 15 years ago. Strangely, though, the address of that company was my last company. My income data was very wrong too.

In the file I could find no reference to the data used for the car finance "decision".

I spoke to a helpful guy yesterday who confirmed my understanding of the data I was seeing. He said my employment data should have been regularly updated - he said it was the first thing his system asked me to do upon logging on. He corrected my employment details and income. He has raised another complaint on my behalf on the car finance system because he can't see why it isn't working and agrees with me that the data all points to a system error.

On the issue with the credit card company, I'm making very little progress with FOS. I'm shocked by how poor they are. I'm corresponding with my MP on this and he has written to the Chancellor. Basically the FOS assessor seems to make it up as he goes along.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1570246
19/04/2016 15:40
19/04/2016 15:40
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Harpenden
They only have to provide you with data they hold. So if the "loan decision engine(tm)" spits out a yes/no and doesn't record anything about your personally then they dont need to report it to you.

What I imagine you will see is a note somewhere that MRS was declined a loan for x amount and the reason was y.

If you aren't seeing that then it sounds as though they haven't reported all the data they hold (otherwise how would they know that you been declined a loan).

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1570254
19/04/2016 16:59
19/04/2016 16:59
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Yup - as I understand though, I should see the inputs to that process pertinent to me. I don't get to see how the data is used as that can be commercially sensitive. I've seen that for the personal loan process but not the car finance piece. I've asked for it.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571216
26/04/2016 21:06
26/04/2016 21:06
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Well, the saga continues...

The "very helpful guy" I spoke to 9 days ago seemingly did nothing.

I phoned a week ago and they said that they'd raise a complaint.

Guess what? A week later and nothing.

Another phone call and Lloyds have notes on my file about the call but somehow the Complaints department don't know so nothing has happened.

You couldn't make this up.

They were going to get the same person who looked at the complaint last time to look at it again. WTF? After some guidance from their customer, they're going to get her manager to look at it instead.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571224
26/04/2016 22:07
26/04/2016 22:07
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club Member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club Member 259
Forum is my life

In the coupe.
Glad I'm broke!

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571363
27/04/2016 19:27
27/04/2016 19:27
Berkshire
AnnieMac Offline
Enjoying the ride
AnnieMac  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Berkshire
I would change banks. Some will give you cash just for switching.

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571371
27/04/2016 20:23
27/04/2016 20:23
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
I will. But I really want to get to the bottom of this particular issue first. I've learned the hard way that ignoring some stuff only means it'll come back and bite you on the butt at a later date.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571471
28/04/2016 12:22
28/04/2016 12:22
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Harpenden
Why don't you just apply somewhere else and see if you can get a similar loan amount from someone else. If you can then all well and good (just dont take the loan out) if not then you need to find out what is wrong (some loans now allow you to do a soft search for loans which dont get registered and damage your credit history).

There is another thing and that is maybe you are flagged on another system such as experians hunter system. Basically it tries to detect where someone says they have x salary on one application but have said something different on another, but really the most likely problem is that Lloydss IT system is a bit crap.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1571477
28/04/2016 12:52
28/04/2016 12:52
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Yup - I could do that though, like you, I just think Lloyds' IT system is crap and, now I've done all the work, there's part of me that just wants to win the battle with Lloyds as, now, I'm pretty confident I will.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1573311
12/05/2016 19:29
12/05/2016 19:29
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Lloyds have finally backed down, apologised and given me a chunk of money as compensation.

Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1573313
12/05/2016 19:39
12/05/2016 19:39
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

highlands
Hope it's not in reddies... wink

I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Anybody Know About Banking Rules? [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1573314
12/05/2016 19:43
12/05/2016 19:43
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
Good for you, Richard. I imagine they're not used to someone being knowledgeable and tenacious!

Page 1 of 2 1 2