Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 935 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,112
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,905
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 … 15 16 17 18 19 … 28 29
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572176
03/05/2016 14:44
03/05/2016 14:44

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Barney
Poolewe hotel <<<---- link
I never got round to advising them what time we would like to eat. Brian needs a table for two as well.
I'm on my way back to work, currently in Frankfurt airport. There's a good chance my forum visits will be infrequent for the next 4 weeks...
booked the Corriness nearby.
thumb
see you in a few weeks mate.

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 16:46.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572204
03/05/2016 17:09
03/05/2016 17:09
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Good luck Bernard

Official tour stickers: just finalised

click to enlarge


Ooooow! I do like these... smile Much brawness indeed.... thumb


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572211
03/05/2016 18:09
03/05/2016 18:09

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Barney
Poolewe hotel <<<---- link
I never got round to advising them what time we would like to eat. Brian needs a table for two as well.
I'm on my way back to work, currently in Frankfurt airport. There's a good chance my forum visits will be infrequent for the next 4 weeks...


Poolewe Hotel didn't have twin left only family at £175.
Staying at Corriness Hotel nearby.

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 23:43.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572265
03/05/2016 23:48
03/05/2016 23:48

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Who else has Standard 16" wheels. Thinking I might bring along a full size wheel spare and leave my space saver and jack behind to free up space and save weight. That way if any one gets a puncture we'll have a proper size Spare wheel to fit and won't get delayed driving at 40 max on the space saver wheel. Though if it is me I'll need a jack team to come and rescue me and Lewis. smile

Last edited by Lego; 04/05/2016 00:49.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572266
04/05/2016 00:04
04/05/2016 00:04
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Good luck Bernard

Official tour stickers: just finalised

click to enlarge


Yep, cracking design Signor Giacosa !


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Rosso] #1572267
04/05/2016 00:05
04/05/2016 00:05
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie

Applecross Inn Friday lunch

1. drileyx2
2. jimboy
3. Barney
4. Edinburgh
5. Rossox2


Anyone else to add?


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572270
04/05/2016 00:11
04/05/2016 00:11
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Edinburgh


Day 1

Edinburgh-Poolewe c.4.5 hrs, picking up MattB and jimboy en route, Dianne at Poolewe?

Day 2

Poolewe-Plockton via Applecross, coast route (I'll book lunch at Applecross Hotel)

Day 3

Plockton-Glenfinnan via Skye

Day 4

Glenfinnan-home via Crianlarich/Callendar



This was many pages ago so I thought it worth bringing to the front...

we have a lunch plan for Friday, any thoughts/preferences for Saturday?




Last edited by Edinburgh; 04/05/2016 00:41. Reason: Glenfinnan not Arisaig

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572276
04/05/2016 00:37
04/05/2016 00:37

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Edinburgh


Day 1

Edinburgh-Poolewe c.4.5 hrs, picking up MattB and jimboy en route, Dianne at Poolewe?

Day 2

Poolewe-Plockton via Applecross, coast route (I'll book lunch at Applecross Hotel)

Day 3

Plockton-Arisaig via Skye

Day 4

Arisaig-home via Crianlarich/Callendar



This was many pages ago so I thought it worth bringing to the front...

we have a lunch plan for Friday, any thoughts/preferences for Saturday?





Good Idea Simon.

Though we finish in Glenfinnan not Arisaig on Saturday. laugh

Last edited by Lego; 04/05/2016 00:38.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572277
04/05/2016 00:39
04/05/2016 00:39
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Lego
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Edinburgh


Day 1

Edinburgh-Poolewe c.4.5 hrs, picking up MattB and jimboy en route, Dianne at Poolewe?

Day 2

Poolewe-Plockton via Applecross, coast route (I'll book lunch at Applecross Hotel)

Day 3

Plockton-Glenfinnan via Skye

Day 4

Glenfinnan-home via Crianlarich/Callendar



This was many pages ago so I thought it worth bringing to the front...

we have a lunch plan for Friday, any thoughts/preferences for Saturday?







Though we finish in Glenfinnan not Arisaig on Saturday &#128512;


Amended blush


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572282
04/05/2016 01:02
04/05/2016 01:02

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Edinburgh

Applecross Inn Friday lunch

1. drileyx2
2. jimboy
3. Barney
4. Edinburgh
5. Rossox2


Anyone else to add?


Lewis and I please

Last edited by Lego; 04/05/2016 01:02.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572286
04/05/2016 02:46
04/05/2016 02:46
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie

Applecross Inn Friday lunch

1. drileyx2
2. jimboy
3. Barney
4. Edinburgh
5. Rossox2
6. Lego and Lewis


Anyone else to add?



BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572294
04/05/2016 08:10
04/05/2016 08:10
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
That's a terrific idea about the wheel, Lego-

I'll check today...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572302
04/05/2016 09:37
04/05/2016 09:37
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Hey guys, regarding a flat tyre, I carry a spray foam tyre inflator/sealer. Not the best idea, but it would save a lot of faffing about & trying to jack up the Coop on a not the best surface, if you get my drift.... chinny


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572305
04/05/2016 10:04
04/05/2016 10:04
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
I always carry a compressor myself, Jimboy

But it doesn't mean that either would help!

From what I understand- you've got to be 'lucky' for tyre inflating foam to work. Like the 'wrong kind of snow', I think you need the 'right kind of puncture'! If you see what I mean

(Which is a grave shame as I have another car that relies on tyre inflation foam)

However- that is great to note- along with Barney's efforts (who I think listed a toolkit) I'm sure we'll have enough to go round...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572325
04/05/2016 12:00
04/05/2016 12:00

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Yes Jimboy. No harm in having that stuff. I have had it in various cars for over 15 years now, though never had to use it. Like Jim - I too believe it has speed limitations and won't always work!

Along with the space saver wheel, I think it is perfectly okay to have as an emergency toolkit when permanent repair options are close by.
My thinking on the full size wheel is; that on this trip we might be a significant distance from repair, and a major detour(with knock-on effects) might be needed to get a puncture repaired properly.




Last edited by Lego; 04/05/2016 12:04.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572337
04/05/2016 13:12
04/05/2016 13:12
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Its a great idea

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572358
04/05/2016 15:53
04/05/2016 15:53
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
OK that's it then, on no account will anyone have a puncture.... driving........ laugh

I've used the stuff on my diesel hack, twice now. Years ago when I worked in Aberdeen welding (7days a week) had a puncture on my wee Punto. This was the first time using the foam. I ran for weeks until I managed to have time for a new tyre. (tight git,no time off)

Now I would never advise on this, but it may as said give you time to the nearest garage/tyre place.


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572400
05/05/2016 00:33
05/05/2016 00:33
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Well- that's amazing! Fair enough...


Phew- enough thinking about Coupés for one day. I've begun to think I'm doing things to get ready for this trip without even thinking about it.

Never mind- how about a nice bath?

Wait! Oh no!!?

click to enlarge

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572401
05/05/2016 00:36
05/05/2016 00:36
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by dante giacosa


Never mind- how about a nice bath?

Wait! Oh no!!?

click to enlarge


What the...!

Is there no stopping you, you'll have the front bumper in bed next laugh


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572407
05/05/2016 00:45
05/05/2016 00:45
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Ha-

It's too late for that picture...!

click to enlarge

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572431
05/05/2016 11:32
05/05/2016 11:32
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Wow chaps, your Coops are going to be shining like new pins. Unfortunately my sprinty is suffering very badly from lacquer peel frown & it's the last thing on my to do list. I've just dropped my Coop off at my mechanic. Hopefully the brakes will be sorted without major problems or hard to get parts.

Worst case I'll be in my diesel hack.. nerd


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: jimboy] #1572433
05/05/2016 11:49
05/05/2016 11:49
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by jimboy

Worst case I'll be in my diesel hack.. nerd


No no Jim, worst case scenario we'll fix you up with a tow from Marko's silver dart, that'll slow him down a tad tongue


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572434
05/05/2016 12:11
05/05/2016 12:11
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Fingers crossed Simon. You know this, I always have that feeling in the pit of my stomach when the Coop needs attention. It's the only vehicle that I've suffered this... crazy


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572442
05/05/2016 13:37
05/05/2016 13:37
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Brakes??

It'll be fine, Jim- don't worry about it...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572782
08/05/2016 09:55
08/05/2016 09:55
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
jimbob13 Offline
I need some sleep
jimbob13  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
Having discussed this at length, we're definitely out.

Partly due to my inability to find the exact Coupé I'm after in time (surely you don't want an aging Citroën in your midst) and more importantly due to the completely unexpected but excellent news that Mrs. Jimbob is currently pregnant and apparently can't go more than 10' from a toilet.

We hope you all have a great time, be sure to take plenty of pics so that we can live vicariously through them. laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: jimbob13] #1572784
08/05/2016 10:02
08/05/2016 10:02
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Jim, really sorry you won't manage this -not even a wave? smile - but more importantly wonderful news about further jimbob-itos!

Pass on very best wishes to Colette smile


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572789
08/05/2016 10:09
08/05/2016 10:09
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
jimbob13 Offline
I need some sleep
jimbob13  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
Depending upon your final route, we may be at the passing point closest to us to wave you past.

Thanks Simon, from both myself and Colette.


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: jimbob13] #1572794
08/05/2016 10:26
08/05/2016 10:26
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
We'll phone up with our coffee orders laugh


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572830
08/05/2016 15:39
08/05/2016 15:39

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Congrats Jimbob!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572876
08/05/2016 21:38
08/05/2016 21:38
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
Applecross Inn Friday lunch

1. drileyx2
2. jimboy
3. Barney
4. Edinburgh
5. Rossox2
6. Lego and Lewis
7. DGx2

All 11 booked for 1.30 smile

I thought it better to allow a little extra time so that we don't feel rushed through this incredible landscape!


Now to think about Saturday......


BumbleBee carer smile
Page 17 of 29 1 2 … 15 16 17 18 19 … 28 29

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.025s Queries: 15 (0.017s) Memory: 0.7631 MB (Peak: 0.9975 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:28:50 UTC