|
0 registered members (),
958
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,129
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1576776
12/06/2016 15:51
12/06/2016 15:51
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
I've PM'd you my mobile number so if you want to give me a call that morning we'll have a better idea Maximum photoshoot opperchancity Ok thanks...I can head up early doors and try to catch you guys if you let me know your route down I'll be travelling across to Lochaber much earlier as I'm meeting-up with my family. As they are having lunch on Skye they are not going to be at Mallaig before 3pm and more likely the 15.50pm arrival at Mallaig. So maybe going over to Skye or even Plockton to meet the other Coupesters would be better.!
Last edited by Lego; 12/06/2016 16:37.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576779
12/06/2016 16:57
12/06/2016 16:57
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch. Check the Timetable below. I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think. Ferry Timetable
Last edited by Lego; 12/06/2016 20:03.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576819
12/06/2016 22:53
12/06/2016 22:53
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Yikes time is running out to give the old girl a wash n wax. Last week it was too sunny, now it's too wet!  For those with cars polished and ready, care to share some photos of your hard work?!
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1576823
12/06/2016 23:54
12/06/2016 23:54
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
|
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch. Check the Timetable below. I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think. Ferry Timetable Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale.... Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest.... Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425.
Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 00:04.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576826
13/06/2016 00:28
13/06/2016 00:28
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch. Check the Timetable below. I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think. Ferry Timetable Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale.... Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest.... Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425. Those times are wrong Simon! I think you are looking at wrong day.
Last edited by Lego; 13/06/2016 00:33.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576831
13/06/2016 01:16
13/06/2016 01:16
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
Thought we were going over the road bridge in the morn then getting ferry to Mallaig
Is the plan to do ferry both ways ?
Is it possible to now have a route of key stops and rough times?
Last edited by driley; 13/06/2016 01:36.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1576835
13/06/2016 01:44
13/06/2016 01:44
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
|
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch. Check the Timetable below. I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think. Ferry Timetable Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale.... Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest.... Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425. Those times are wrong Simon! I think you are looking at wrong day. Sorry, wrong day right enough!! Ferry would be 1510 or 1635 Across bridge in morning and lunch nr Armadale as arranged
Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 02:21.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576836
13/06/2016 01:55
13/06/2016 01:55
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch. Check the Timetable below. I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think. Ferry Timetable Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale.... Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest.... Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425. Those times are wrong Simon! I think you are looking at wrong day. Sorry, wrong day right enough!! Ferry would would 1510 or 1635 Across bridge in morning and lunch nr Armadale as arranged . Are we all so excited we can't sleep, all on line and it's nearly 01.00??? I'll book the pm sailing tomorrow then
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: driley]
#1576837
13/06/2016 02:17
13/06/2016 02:17
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
|
Speak fae yersel'  That's great Dianne if you fancied booking all of us on that one if possible - my first impressions were that it wasn't likely to be a problem getting on but I'm haein' ma doots.... So that'll be for 6 coops then
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576838
13/06/2016 02:31
13/06/2016 02:31
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
Speak fae yersel'  That's great Dianne if you fancied booking all of us on that one if possible - my first impressions were that it wasn't likely to be a problem getting on but I'm haein' ma doots.... So that'll be for 6 coops then That's no problem, I'll try to book us all, but you usually need the registration numbers. I'll see what they say
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576839
13/06/2016 02:48
13/06/2016 02:48
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
I might try and meet you guys off the ferry then and drive to Glenfinnan with you.
How long is crossing? If I aim to be at Mallaig for 1530?
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: dante giacosa]
#1576857
13/06/2016 09:46
13/06/2016 09:46
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
I 'think' it'll be fine too, but am totally up for Dianne's offer
Thanks for taking this on Dianne.
The crossing is about 20 odd minutes, once they get going, 'IIRC' as they say... Hi everyone, Calmac state booking is essential. So I have booked and paid for 4 cars, Jim, Simon, Rosso and me to include the crossing and one driver on Saturday the 18th. I did not have the registration for Barney and Jimbob There are still spaces at the moment. The number to call for booking is 0800 066 5000 We have to be at the pier 14.40 at latest to add any passengers, pick up tickets and get on board. Sailing at 15.10 Hope this is ok for everyone,
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576864
13/06/2016 10:13
13/06/2016 10:13
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569 Motherwell - Scotland
Rosso
Honorary Club member 1442
|
Honorary Club member 1442
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
|
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that. Yes sorry me too for settling up now or Thursday
Last edited by Rosso; 13/06/2016 10:45. Reason: settle up
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1576866
13/06/2016 10:30
13/06/2016 10:30
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
|
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that. +1  If you'd like to settle up now Dianne PM me some details, otherwise I'll square up on Thursday Jimboy, fingers crossed Nairn trip works out ...
Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 10:31.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576873
13/06/2016 10:54
13/06/2016 10:54
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that. +1  If you'd like to settle up now Dianne PM me some details, otherwise I'll square up on Thursday Jimboy, fingers crossed Nairn trip works out ... No worries, when we meet up is fine
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576893
13/06/2016 13:53
13/06/2016 13:53
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
OK many thanks for the info and PM. Booked Sat 18th, Armadale to Malaig, departing 15:10, one way ticket. Hope there are no steep ramps involved! 
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576894
13/06/2016 14:03
13/06/2016 14:03
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
|
Saturday lunch Ardvasar Hotel 1. Jimboy 2. Edinburgh 3. D.G.x2 4. Barney 5. No Legs 6. drileyx2 7. Rossox2 Lunch for us 9 now re-scheduled for 1300 instead of 1330 to give us time to get to the harbour for 1440.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576898
13/06/2016 14:11
13/06/2016 14:11
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Been out for a wee blast this morning. She's driving lovely and sounds amazing. Currently parked on the drive awaiting soap and water. Did anyone contact Plockton Inn to advise meal times and book extra places for non-resident diners?
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576899
13/06/2016 14:11
13/06/2016 14:11
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
I'm back, bottom line a wee burst hose to the fuel regulator. didn't see this as it was underneath, ah well thats me fifty odd quid lighter...Still it's boosting OK now....  Saved the best bit for last. Wheel nearly came off the Coop on the way in, a mini nightmare. Managed to sort things just in the nick of time. Got the car to the garage & set off back looking for one of my new wheel nuts that had come off. Found it at the second last place I stopped at. Shining away laying in the middle of the junction. Good job I set off early....Whew!!!!!!!
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576901
13/06/2016 14:18
13/06/2016 14:18
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Blimey Jim! Glad you and the car are OK!!!
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576904
13/06/2016 14:48
13/06/2016 14:48
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Aye thanks Barney. I'm a bit hyper at the moment with trying to sort things out & there are other things going on. I'll maybe bore you to death later with the facts.  See you soon. Jim...
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1576923
13/06/2016 17:53
13/06/2016 17:53
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
I think the last opinion was they'll probably be serving food anyway Their restaurant is reputed to be a very popular venue, even midweek. They'll be serving food for sure and priority is given to residents when possible but we are a sizable group. I'm more than happy to call them if intent is to eat, drink and be merry together. Just need a time and numbers. Is 7pm & the list above a good start? Speaking of the list above, is the total 9 or 10? 
|
|
|
|