Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 919 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,129
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,911
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 … 21 22 23 24 25 … 28 29
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1576776
12/06/2016 15:51
12/06/2016 15:51

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by silver_fox
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
I've PM'd you my mobile number so if you want to give me a call that morning we'll have a better idea smile

Maximum photoshoot opperchancity cool


Ok thanks...I can head up early doors and try to catch you guys if you let me know your route down smile


I'll be travelling across to Lochaber much earlier as I'm meeting-up with my family.

As they are having lunch on Skye they are not going to be at Mallaig before 3pm and more likely the 15.50pm arrival at Mallaig. So maybe going over to Skye or even Plockton to meet the other Coupesters would be better.!


Last edited by Lego; 12/06/2016 16:37.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1576777
12/06/2016 16:00
12/06/2016 16:00
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
I suppose there'll be a chance we won't all fit on the same sailing?


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576779
12/06/2016 16:57
12/06/2016 16:57

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch.

Check the Timetable below.

I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think.

Ferry Timetable

Last edited by Lego; 12/06/2016 20:03.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576819
12/06/2016 22:53
12/06/2016 22:53

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Yikes time is running out to give the old girl a wash n wax. Last week it was too sunny, now it's too wet! laugh
For those with cars polished and ready, care to share some photos of your hard work?!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1576823
12/06/2016 23:54
12/06/2016 23:54
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Lego
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch.

Check the Timetable below.

I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think.

Ferry Timetable


Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale....

Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest....



Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425.

Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 00:04.

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576826
13/06/2016 00:28
13/06/2016 00:28

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Lego
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch.

Check the Timetable below.

I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think.

Ferry Timetable


Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale....

Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest....



Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425.


Those times are wrong Simon!
I think you are looking at wrong day.click to enlarge

Last edited by Lego; 13/06/2016 00:33.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576831
13/06/2016 01:16
13/06/2016 01:16
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Thought we were going over the road bridge in the morn then getting ferry to Mallaig

Is the plan to do ferry both ways ?

Is it possible to now have a route of key stops and rough times?


Last edited by driley; 13/06/2016 01:36.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576832
13/06/2016 01:25
13/06/2016 01:25
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Crikey Bernard-

You don't need to polish that beast! It's stunning!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1576835
13/06/2016 01:44
13/06/2016 01:44
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Lego
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Lego
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch.

Check the Timetable below.

I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think.

Ferry Timetable


Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale....

Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest....



Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425.


Those times are wrong Simon!
I think you are looking at wrong day.click to enlarge



Sorry, wrong day right enough!!

Ferry would be 1510 or 1635

Across bridge in morning and lunch nr Armadale as arranged smile


Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 02:21.

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576836
13/06/2016 01:55
13/06/2016 01:55
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Lego
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Lego
Yes there is a chance of that Simon I suppose. Maybe you should get an earlier Ferry and get across to the Lochaber area for lunch.

Check the Timetable below.

I'm aiming for the 10.30 ferry which is too early for you guys I think.

Ferry Timetable


Several of us are booked in for lunch already near Armadale....

Looking at the timetable now there's only the 1630 and 1850 sailings left after lunch - wonder if we should rethink lunch as you suggest....



Edit - if all don't mind I'm going to contact Saturday lunch venue tomorrow to book an earlier lunch so we can catch the 1400 hrs ferry, arr. Mallaig 1425.


Those times are wrong Simon!
I think you are looking at wrong day.click to enlarge



Sorry, wrong day right enough!!

Ferry would would 1510 or 1635

Across bridge in morning and lunch nr Armadale as arranged smile

.

Are we all so excited we can't sleep, all on line and it's nearly 01.00???
I'll book the pm sailing tomorrow then

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: driley] #1576837
13/06/2016 02:17
13/06/2016 02:17
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Speak fae yersel' laugh

That's great Dianne if you fancied booking all of us on that one if possible - my first impressions were that it wasn't likely to be a problem getting on but I'm haein' ma doots....

So that'll be for 6 coops then


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576838
13/06/2016 02:31
13/06/2016 02:31
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Speak fae yersel' laugh

That's great Dianne if you fancied booking all of us on that one if possible - my first impressions were that it wasn't likely to be a problem getting on but I'm haein' ma doots....

So that'll be for 6 coops then


That's no problem, I'll try to book us all, but you usually need the registration numbers. I'll see what they say

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576839
13/06/2016 02:48
13/06/2016 02:48

S
silver_fox
Unregistered
silver_fox
Unregistered
S



I might try and meet you guys off the ferry then and drive to Glenfinnan with you.

How long is crossing? If I aim to be at Mallaig for 1530?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: driley] #1576840
13/06/2016 02:59
13/06/2016 02:59
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
We can PM the reg numbers to you Dianne



BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576844
13/06/2016 08:25
13/06/2016 08:25
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Help ma boab, I'm a bit slow keeping up with you people. Didn't think the ferry would be a problem either... phone

I'm off to see about my Coops health now... driving


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576845
13/06/2016 08:38
13/06/2016 08:38
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
I 'think' it'll be fine too, but am totally up for Dianne's offer

Thanks for taking this on Dianne.

The crossing is about 20 odd minutes, once they get going, 'IIRC' as they say...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1576857
13/06/2016 09:46
13/06/2016 09:46
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
I 'think' it'll be fine too, but am totally up for Dianne's offer

Thanks for taking this on Dianne.

The crossing is about 20 odd minutes, once they get going, 'IIRC' as they say...


Hi everyone, Calmac state booking is essential. So I have booked and paid for 4 cars, Jim, Simon, Rosso and me to include the crossing and one driver on Saturday the 18th.

I did not have the registration for Barney and Jimbob
There are still spaces at the moment. The number to call for booking is 0800 066 5000

We have to be at the pier 14.40 at latest to add any passengers, pick up tickets and get on board. Sailing at 15.10

Hope this is ok for everyone,

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576858
13/06/2016 09:49
13/06/2016 09:49
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
I have sent Jimboy and Barney a pm re ferry

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576864
13/06/2016 10:13
13/06/2016 10:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
Rosso Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
Rosso  Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that.

Yes sorry me too for settling up now or Thursday smile

Last edited by Rosso; 13/06/2016 10:45. Reason: settle up

[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Rosso] #1576866
13/06/2016 10:30
13/06/2016 10:30
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Rosso
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that.


+1 thumb

If you'd like to settle up now Dianne PM me some details, otherwise I'll square up on Thursday smile


Jimboy, fingers crossed Nairn trip works out ...

Last edited by Edinburgh; 13/06/2016 10:31.

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576873
13/06/2016 10:54
13/06/2016 10:54
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Rosso
That's great for us Dianne thank you for doing that.


+1 thumb

If you'd like to settle up now Dianne PM me some details, otherwise I'll square up on Thursday smile


Jimboy, fingers crossed Nairn trip works out ...


No worries, when we meet up is fine

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576893
13/06/2016 13:53
13/06/2016 13:53

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



OK many thanks for the info and PM. Booked Sat 18th, Armadale to Malaig, departing 15:10, one way ticket.
Hope there are no steep ramps involved! laugh

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576894
13/06/2016 14:03
13/06/2016 14:03
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Saturday lunch

Ardvasar Hotel

1. Jimboy
2. Edinburgh
3. D.G.x2
4. Barney
5. No Legs
6. drileyx2
7. Rossox2



Lunch for us 9 now re-scheduled for 1300 instead of 1330 to give us time to get to the harbour for 1440.


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576898
13/06/2016 14:11
13/06/2016 14:11

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Been out for a wee blast this morning. She's driving lovely and sounds amazing. Currently parked on the drive awaiting soap and water.
Did anyone contact Plockton Inn to advise meal times and book extra places for non-resident diners?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576899
13/06/2016 14:11
13/06/2016 14:11
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
I'm back, bottom line a wee burst hose to the fuel regulator. didn't see this as it was underneath, ah well thats me fifty odd quid lighter...Still it's boosting OK now.... wink

Saved the best bit for last. Wheel nearly came off the Coop on the way in, a mini nightmare. Managed to sort things just in the nick of time. Got the car to the garage & set off back looking for one of my new wheel nuts that had come off. Found it at the second last place I stopped at. Shining away laying in the middle of the junction. Good job I set off early....Whew!!!!!!!


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576901
13/06/2016 14:18
13/06/2016 14:18

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Blimey Jim! Glad you and the car are OK!!!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576904
13/06/2016 14:48
13/06/2016 14:48
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Aye thanks Barney. I'm a bit hyper at the moment with trying to sort things out & there are other things going on. I'll maybe bore you to death later with the facts. smile

See you soon.

Jim... hippy


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: jimboy] #1576912
13/06/2016 15:57
13/06/2016 15:57
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,911
Auld Reekie
That's relief it wasn't any worse Jim, glad you survived in one piece and that the problem was minor - and fixable!

Do I gather you've now sorted your ferry booking for Saturday?

@Barney, no I haven't done this, I think the last opinion was they'll probably be serving food anyway...

If there's a consensus then I'm happy to follow it up.


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576915
13/06/2016 16:54
13/06/2016 16:54
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Aye Simon I've booked a place on the ferry.Both the car & myself were firing on all five cylinders today I can tell you. Might indulge in a sherbert later, since I'm on holiday. drink

See you soon... cool


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1576923
13/06/2016 17:53
13/06/2016 17:53

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Quote
I think the last opinion was they'll probably be serving food anyway

Their restaurant is reputed to be a very popular venue, even midweek. They'll be serving food for sure and priority is given to residents when possible but we are a sizable group. I'm more than happy to call them if intent is to eat, drink and be merry together. Just need a time and numbers. Is 7pm & the list above a good start?
Speaking of the list above, is the total 9 or 10? confused

Page 23 of 29 1 2 … 21 22 23 24 25 … 28 29

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 14 (0.025s) Memory: 0.7600 MB (Peak: 1.0014 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 21:21:15 UTC