|
1 registered members (phil16vturbo),
1,057
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Got home, started doing Coupe things..
#1610834
02/11/2017 05:02
02/11/2017 05:02
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
I am home for a few days to speak at a conference. Of course there is lots I need to do....... Here's some photo's of what I did cos I had an hour spare... I also gave these a quick once over ... You will see it's 5am and I am posting, Jet lag, been up an hour already
Last edited by patch234; 02/11/2017 05:02.
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610836
02/11/2017 05:33
02/11/2017 05:33
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
That's something I would love to do .... and used to do. But reality and my love for my real job kicked that idea out the window
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: Possum]
#1610846
02/11/2017 10:11
02/11/2017 10:11
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132 Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner
Club member 583
|
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Behind Enemy Lines
|
Looking good. Do you do "house calls"? x2!!!! p.s. look at pictures of grass/ green to cure the jet lag. yeah I know...but it works. Regards MM
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610854
02/11/2017 12:59
02/11/2017 12:59
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206 england
came2dance
I AM a Coop
|
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
|
I am home for a few days to speak at a conference. Of course there is lots I need to do....... Here's some photo's of what I did cos I had an hour spare... I also gave these a quick once over ... You will see it's 5am and I am posting, Jet lag, been up an hour already Patch you make me feel a right lazy arse! I've had a coop locked in the garage for over a month and haven't done anything!  Did you do these headlights as per the how too on here  They look great!
![[Linked Image]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/came2dance/1.jpg) www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610886
02/11/2017 20:07
02/11/2017 20:07
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
I sanded back with 2000 grit and then mopped with a 3" head. Used a cutting compound polish. I ideally I would of used 2500, then 2000 then 1500 before mopping but did not have time to do it this thoroughly. They are not perfect, but better. Needed to leave home this morning at 6:00, so needed better clarity from them. As we all know, standard lights are bad at the best of times....
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610887
02/11/2017 20:11
02/11/2017 20:11
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338 Camberley, Surrey
jonnyboy54321
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
|
Patch - which compound did you use? I have some g3 and g10 Farecla here, and some wet and dry on the way...and three pairs to do having never polished headlamps before!
Last edited by jonnyboy54321; 02/11/2017 20:12.
Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610889
02/11/2017 20:19
02/11/2017 20:19
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
G3 will do it jonny if you go the 2500, 2000 and 1500 wet and dry route. You will need a cutting pad too but a polishing pad will suffice! A finishing pad will be hard work so avoid one of those. After you could run over with the g10 and then seal it with either a sealant or a good quality wax. Or skip the g10 and go with the sealing.... it all is user preference / fussiness
|
|
|
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things..
[Re: ]
#1610890
02/11/2017 20:24
02/11/2017 20:24
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338 Camberley, Surrey
jonnyboy54321
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
|
I've a Freud polisher in the garage that i've not used in years. Need to look into pads etc as the ones i recall having were massive!! Thanks
Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......
|
|
|
|