Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Got home, started doing Coupe things.. #1610834
02/11/2017 05:02
02/11/2017 05:02

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



I am home for a few days to speak at a conference. Of course there is lots I need to do.......

Here's some photo's of what I did cos I had an hour spare...

click to enlarge click to enlarge

I also gave these a quick once over ...

click to enlarge

You will see it's 5am and I am posting, Jet lag, been up an hour already smile

Last edited by patch234; 02/11/2017 05:02.
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610835
02/11/2017 05:22
02/11/2017 05:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Looking good. thumb

Do you do "house calls"?


Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610836
02/11/2017 05:33
02/11/2017 05:33

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



That's something I would love to do .... and used to do. But reality and my love for my real job kicked that idea out the window

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610838
02/11/2017 07:30
02/11/2017 07:30
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
G
Gunzi Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Gunzi  Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
G

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
I once had a patch house call, was absolutely worth it!

Looking tidy Phil, as always!

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: Gunzi] #1610839
02/11/2017 08:02
02/11/2017 08:02
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Maybe it's too far to travel to my house. hehe


Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: Possum] #1610846
02/11/2017 10:11
02/11/2017 10:11
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner Offline
Club member 583
Master_Mariner  Offline
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Behind Enemy Lines
Originally Posted by Possum
Looking good. thumb

Do you do "house calls"?


x2!!!!

p.s. look at pictures of grass/ green to cure the jet lag. yeah I know...but it works.

Regards

MM

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: Possum] #1610853
02/11/2017 12:57
02/11/2017 12:57
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
Originally Posted by Possum
Maybe it's too far to travel to my house. hehe


Tell him your lawn needs sorting out. Then when he gets there he finds your coop parked on it laugh


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610854
02/11/2017 12:59
02/11/2017 12:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
Originally Posted by patch234
I am home for a few days to speak at a conference. Of course there is lots I need to do.......

Here's some photo's of what I did cos I had an hour spare...

click to enlarge click to enlarge

I also gave these a quick once over ...

click to enlarge

You will see it's 5am and I am posting, Jet lag, been up an hour already smile


Patch you make me feel a right lazy arse! I've had a coop locked in the garage for over a month and haven't done anything! blush
Did you do these headlights as per the how too on here confused They look great!


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610886
02/11/2017 20:07
02/11/2017 20:07

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



I sanded back with 2000 grit and then mopped with a 3" head. Used a cutting compound polish. I ideally I would of used 2500, then 2000 then 1500 before mopping but did not have time to do it this thoroughly. They are not perfect, but better. Needed to leave home this morning at 6:00, so needed better clarity from them. As we all know, standard lights are bad at the best of times....

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610887
02/11/2017 20:11
02/11/2017 20:11
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
J
jonnyboy54321 Offline
Making a profit
jonnyboy54321  Offline
Making a profit
J

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
Patch - which compound did you use?
I have some g3 and g10 Farecla here, and some wet and dry on the way...and three pairs to do having never polished headlamps before!


Last edited by jonnyboy54321; 02/11/2017 20:12.

Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......
Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610889
02/11/2017 20:19
02/11/2017 20:19

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



G3 will do it jonny if you go the 2500, 2000 and 1500 wet and dry route. You will need a cutting pad too but a polishing pad will suffice! A finishing pad will be hard work so avoid one of those. After you could run over with the g10 and then seal it with either a sealant or a good quality wax. Or skip the g10 and go with the sealing.... it all is user preference / fussiness

Re: Got home, started doing Coupe things.. [Re: ] #1610890
02/11/2017 20:24
02/11/2017 20:24
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
J
jonnyboy54321 Offline
Making a profit
jonnyboy54321  Offline
Making a profit
J

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
I've a Freud polisher in the garage that i've not used in years.
Need to look into pads etc as the ones i recall having were massive!!
Thanks


Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6506 MB (Peak: 0.7551 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:37:43 UTC