Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (carmine), 703 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Performance exhaust systems [Re: ] #1635657
20/09/2019 09:57
20/09/2019 09:57

N
Nosedive
Unregistered
Nosedive
Unregistered
N



Not sure yet, waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully not

Re: Performance exhaust systems [Re: DaveG] #1635671
21/09/2019 05:37
21/09/2019 05:37
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 206
Tasmania
G
Grigio Offline
Making a profit
Grigio  Offline
Making a profit
G

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 206
Tasmania
Originally Posted by DaveG
Yes I have a Toyosport system on my Plus, but needed to fit a sleeve around the cat outlet pipe for the centre pipe inlet to fit around, using a band clamp too. A good price and well made, but you may need to faff around a bit for a proper fit, not sure why they don't make the centre inlet pipe the correct smaller diameter to match the OE cat outlet?


I fitted mine yesterday, and had to sleeve the outlet from the cat. The rear muffler outlet doesn't sit quite right in the bumper cutout, and no amount of playing around got it to where I was happy. I'll take it to work next week and bend the stainless rods used for the rear mount to get it to sit a bit better. It took me quite a while to fit, and besides the outlet position I'm very happy with it. Considering I could see straight through the rear muffler and the centre muffler is deleted I was concerned it would be too loud, and was surprised that it isn't. A low rumble at idle and lovely sound through the revs. Cruising it's unobtrusive and with the windows up the road noise from the tyres is louder. My seat of the pants dyno says it pulls harder as well.


2000 grigio moon 20VT Plus.
Re: Performance exhaust systems [Re: ] #1635688
22/09/2019 20:58
22/09/2019 20:58

S
sebasteeno
Unregistered
sebasteeno
Unregistered
S



I own an Alfa 155 with a 20VT conversion - ive just added a 3" straight through from downpipe with a small sportcat and all i can say is the noise is epic - like supercar epic! Ignore the smoke - this was the first time run with the new exhaust which came off a failed engine car

https://vimeo.com/user103158569/review/361669645/491f697fa1


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 15 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6047 MB (Peak: 0.6644 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 23:44:21 UTC