Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna #1635829
30/09/2019 08:44
30/09/2019 08:44

M
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
M



I’m looking for a solution that allows me to watch Freeview TV around the house that doesn’t require me to run coax everywhere.

I can get some live TV via the catchup services but C4, for some reason, doesn’t do that on its TV app - and, for channel surfing, it’s hopeless.

I have capability for either satellite or terrestrial Freeview to a coax. What I’m looking for is something that can transmit that signal across Wi-Fi to a TV (or some other solution). I have great bandwidth so streaming is another option but I haven’t yet found a streaming solution.

Any solution needs to be Mrs MRS proof who has all the tech savviness of a geriatric - I’m sure I could get a service via my Mac Mini or something similar but that’s too painful to consider...

Thanks!

Re: Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna [Re: ] #1635832
30/09/2019 12:03
30/09/2019 12:03
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
SiliconeDust HD home run might work for you?

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-duo/

I have an a 2 year old model I am not using you can try it out you want.





Re: Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna [Re: ] #1635834
30/09/2019 14:09
30/09/2019 14:09

M
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
M



Thanks, Mark - though, reading the blurb, it wouldn’t connect to my TV unless I buy something like a Firestick to view it through. My aerial connection is nowhere near my router either though that can be solved with more gadgets.

It feels like a simple proposition: a box that connects to the aerial and a dongle that plugs into your TV. The Homerun nearly does that. It ought to be WiFi enabled and have its own dongle option too.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.5979 MB (Peak: 0.6412 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:59:07 UTC