|
1 registered members (barchetta_ms),
190
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,031
Members1,657
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Looking for a word...
#1637636
18/12/2019 14:32
18/12/2019 14:32
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
When someone who has wronged another person acts as if THEY are the victim and speak in a tone as if to shift all blame onto the other person.
Example, I cut a big tree down which falls onto someone's house. I then act as if I'M the one being inconvenienced because it's going to take me extra effort and time to clear up the damage and I have a go at the person for having that tree next to their house.
Or a driver goes through a red light and knocks down someone crossing the road and then, as that person lays bleeding on the ground, the driver gets out and shouts at them for damaging their bumper.
I know 'taking the piss' is one way of saying it. But what's another word of describing such behaviour?
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: 386ka]
#1637638
18/12/2019 14:38
18/12/2019 14:38
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Sorry, I just edited my original post a bit - would you say the driver example comes under this too?
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: ]
#1637639
18/12/2019 14:47
18/12/2019 14:47
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Also yes I agree self-victimisation is applicable but I'm sure there's another word.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: 386ka]
#1637642
18/12/2019 15:25
18/12/2019 15:25
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
It's a sense of, having no self accountability then being a cheeky fker on top of that and complaining when you have absolutely no right to complain at all. It's like, how dare you have the gall to complain in such a situation!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: ]
#1637645
18/12/2019 17:45
18/12/2019 17:45
|
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363 Free State of Jones
clanger
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
|
When someone who has wronged another person acts as if THEY are the victim and speak in a tone as if to shift all blame onto the other person.
Example, I cut a big tree down which falls onto someone's house. I then act as if I'M the one being inconvenienced because it's going to take me extra effort and time to clear up the damage and I have a go at the person for having that tree next to their house.
Or a driver goes through a red light and knocks down someone crossing the road and then, as that person lays bleeding on the ground, the driver gets out and shouts at them for damaging their bumper.
I know 'taking the piss' is one way of saying it. But what's another word of describing such behaviour? Sociopath
1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: ]
#1637648
18/12/2019 20:03
18/12/2019 20:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306 Aldershot
PeteP
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
|
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306
Aldershot
|
JKD,The word you are looking for begins with a "C" and ends with a "T"
16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot
We must all do our part for the planet. I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using. I even unplugged my own.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: PeteP]
#1637654
18/12/2019 21:24
18/12/2019 21:24
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,885 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
Club President, member225
|
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,885
Auld Reekie
|
JKD,The word you are looking for begins with a "C" and ends with a "T" Well it's definitely not cricket
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: Looking for a word...
[Re: ]
#1637853
30/12/2019 14:11
30/12/2019 14:11
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 566 Guildford, Surrey, UK
Punto16VT
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 566
Guildford, Surrey, UK
|
Plonker comes immediately to mind. Self-centred arse likewise, but I'd agree with "Sociopath"
"noun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths
a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviour.".
Last edited by Punto16VT; 30/12/2019 14:11.
Sprinty Coupe 20VT6 1949 White Abarth Punto Grande SS Stromboli Grey Alfa 159 Ti Abarth 695 Rivale
|
|
|
|