|
3 registered members (jarofjam, Notfastwes, YFG),
1,265
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Why the Fiat Coupe is cool
#1638058
09/01/2020 22:37
09/01/2020 22:37
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826 Kent
cyborg7
OP
Enjoying the ride
|
OP
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
|
apologies if it's a repost but if you've not seen before there's an interesting video on tube I came across - put it on the website thread, but conscious that this one gets read more. It's a strange production, but interesting nevertheless: https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1638057#Post1638057
Last edited by cyborg7; 09/01/2020 22:39.
|
|
|
Re: Why the Fiat Coupe is cool
[Re: cyborg7]
#1638100
11/01/2020 19:36
11/01/2020 19:36
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794 Berlin
barnacle
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
|
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
|
Reminds me of a passage from one of (I think) Len Deighton's spy novels. The hero's arrival at some event is being described - I paraphrase slightly: So he drives up in a gorgeous white E-type, covered in mud. The top's down, and he's got a gorgeous blonde in the passenger seat. He's belting out Mozart on the radio... how many ways can a chap be a snob at one time?
|
|
|
Re: Why the Fiat Coupe is cool
[Re: cyborg7]
#1638242
15/01/2020 01:43
15/01/2020 01:43
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
I was in the Coop. It was an exceptionally brutal winter morning. The kind where it feels like the thick, heavy air could instantly freeze your throat if you were to exercise the sort of carefree folly one usually reserves for summer, and take a deep breath. And where it feels like your fingers have lost their nimblenes that you take for granted and have instead been transformed into stiff, nightmarish icicles.
I was stuck in traffic. A passerby yelled out to me, "Cool car mate!"
He wasn't wrong. Because the bloody heater wasn't working.
|
|
|
Re: Why the Fiat Coupe is cool
[Re: cyborg7]
#1638244
15/01/2020 04:18
15/01/2020 04:18
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 566 Guildford, Surrey, UK
Punto16VT
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 566
Guildford, Surrey, UK
|
 I know whereof you speak, I once fitted snow chains to my Abarth GP EsseEsse and then a following guy's car when we both couldn't make the final gradient up to Grangesises and Sestriere in near blizzard conditions. Talk about frozen!!! At least the heater was working once I could get back in the Abarth.
Last edited by Punto16VT; 15/01/2020 04:21.
Sprinty Coupe 20VT6 1949 White Abarth Punto Grande SS Stromboli Grey Alfa 159 Ti Abarth 695 Rivale
|
|
|
|