Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alternative parts other brands #1639900
15/03/2020 11:04
15/03/2020 11:04
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
Henklia Offline OP
Making a profit
Henklia  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
Hi,
Perhaps it has come up before , but is there a list of parts from other car brands that can be used in the coupe?
I stumbled across such a list browsing through other car forums. These Alternative parts are often cheaper and easier to source. Parts for the coupe are increasingly harder to find and rapidly becoming more expensive. Would it be possible to create a sub forum / section where all these alternatives are listed?
As an example I seem to remember that there is a perfect alternative from citroen for the rear numberplate lights. But I cannot find it on the Forum. Perhaps I did not look in the right section, my apologies.
Regards,
Henk

Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639912
15/03/2020 17:29
15/03/2020 17:29
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Here's one for a start - avoid Birth parts, especially rear wheel bearings


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639918
15/03/2020 18:12
15/03/2020 18:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
Submariner Offline
My job on the forum
Submariner  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
Yep I thought they were ok until I saw my top mounts after 3K miles......horrendous

Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639922
15/03/2020 19:24
15/03/2020 19:24
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
ScouseCoupe Offline
Club member 7230
ScouseCoupe  Offline
Club member 7230
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
Originally Posted by Henklia

As an example I seem to remember that there is a perfect alternative from citroen for the rear numberplate lights. But I cannot find it on the Forum. Perhaps I did not look in the right section, my apologies.
Regards,
Henk

[quote=Henklia]

Peugeot Boxer van number plate light enclosures. Same parts shared with a Fiat Ducato.


Last edited by ScouseCoupe; 15/03/2020 19:28. Reason: .

1999 Rosso Corsa 20VT
2000 Rosso Alfa 916 Spider Lusso


Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639927
15/03/2020 20:14
15/03/2020 20:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Some time ago I started such a list: https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum...6/fiat-16v-replacement-parts#Post1509606

Feel free to add to it.

Neil


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: barnacle] #1639933
15/03/2020 21:13
15/03/2020 21:13
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,618
Scottish Borders
G_Man Offline
Club member 1656
G_Man  Offline
Club member 1656
My life on the forum

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,618
Scottish Borders


77 77
Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639944
16/03/2020 09:52
16/03/2020 09:52
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
Henklia Offline OP
Making a profit
Henklia  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
This is exactly what I mean, they are not in one place. If all these alternatives could be listed, for example in the how to section, it will prevent a lot of unnecessary queries At least for me it would.....

Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639981
16/03/2020 18:25
16/03/2020 18:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Added your reference to mine, G_man. Don't know why I didn't do it when I posted on it smile

Neil


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1639987
16/03/2020 19:04
16/03/2020 19:04
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
I have made the thread a sticky on the Basic FAQ forum so it is easier to find.

Here it is.

That area is not available for all to post on so please let a mod or admin know if you have something you would like added.

Last edited by PeteP; 16/03/2020 19:07.

16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1640324
31/03/2020 17:08
31/03/2020 17:08

G
GalebG4
Unregistered
GalebG4
Unregistered
G



Thanks, this is great! I was wondering about the availability of parts worldwide, especially since I was thinking of laying my hands on one of these houses in Greece next year; but now that I know that there are alternatives, I feel better about my plans!

Re: Alternative parts other brands [Re: Henklia] #1640328
01/04/2020 13:16
01/04/2020 13:16
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 869
Germany
neil_r Offline
Enjoying the ride
neil_r  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 869
Germany
In German but easy to use: https://www.daparto.de/

Enter the OE part number or any part number in the search box and see if you get any options of which you were not aware. Sometimes helpful.


1997 20V
2000 V6 manual S-Type and 2011 5.0 XKR
2016 Tucson 1.6T AWD
2018 Mazda2 GT

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 14 (0.013s) Memory: 0.6450 MB (Peak: 0.7468 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:05:28 UTC