Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TonyB, RichG), 888 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,142
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BC Racing #1650510
29/04/2021 13:00
29/04/2021 13:00
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Oslo
F
Felsen Offline OP
Newbie
Felsen  Offline OP
Newbie
F

Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Oslo
Hi guys.

I have just bought a set of BC's BR coilovers and wonders how much adjustment for hardness should be in front and rear? Anyone have a good reciepe for the road or/and track for a 20VT?

Cheers

Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1650524
29/04/2021 15:28
29/04/2021 15:28
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
patrickstar Offline
Enjoying the ride
patrickstar  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
I think they have around 17 clicks on them .
Mine are set around 11 front and 14 rear but I have no weight in mine .

Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1650536
29/04/2021 21:24
29/04/2021 21:24
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.



Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1650549
30/04/2021 12:57
30/04/2021 12:57
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Oslo
F
Felsen Offline OP
Newbie
Felsen  Offline OP
Newbie
F

Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Oslo
Yes I have read this thread magooagain, a long time ago. Think I'll try patrickstar's reciepe as a start, thx a lot!

Just another question, in a YouTube video of unpacking a BR set for the 20VT the rear shocks have stickers readable with adjustment in top, but on mine the stickers is upside down so when you read the adjuster is in the bottom. Shall the adjust wheel at the top?

Re: BC Racing [Re: patrickstar] #1651346
09/06/2021 18:26
09/06/2021 18:26
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by patrickstar
I think they have around 17 clicks on them .
Mine are set around 11 front and 14 rear but I have no weight in mine .


My BC Coilovers are currently set on full soft and I'm going to try tweaking them soon as the car handles like a pogo-stick. I'm tempted to go with your 11 front, 14 rear to start but I'm wondering what other modifications you have that might influence the oversteer / understeer bias such as:
Front /rear ARB(s)
Quaife ATB


F****** b****** thing...
Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1652427
12/08/2021 09:31
12/08/2021 09:31
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
patrickstar Offline
Enjoying the ride
patrickstar  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
Sorry for late reply not on here much atm

I've got rear 22mm arb
Racing engine mounts
Front strut
Black series bushings
Full rollgage
around 90kg -120kg weight reduction
Toyo r888r
Bc racing coilovers
Team Dynamics
Rear wing
Rear diffuser
Toyo exhaust
Probably other bits aswell



Re: BC Racing [Re: patrickstar] #1652429
12/08/2021 13:12
12/08/2021 13:12
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by patrickstar
Sorry for late reply not on here much atm

I've got rear 22mm arb
Racing engine mounts
Front strut
Black series bushings
Full rollgage
around 90kg -120kg weight reduction
Toyo r888r
Bc racing coilovers
Team Dynamics
Rear wing
Rear diffuser
Toyo exhaust
Probably other bits aswell



No worries, I went ahead and set mine up at 11 front, 14 rear a few weeks back and am very happy with it. Thanks for that thumb My spec is very similar to yours:
22mm rear ARB
Fast road engine mounts
Front strut
Lower front brace (The Nigel)
Stripped out
Yoko AD08R
BC racing coilovers
Compomotive MO5 wheels
Quaife ATB

8 point weld in roll cage is currently being fitted (a fair bit more welding is required first...) and I have some Alfa GTV braces to go on at some point. Polybushes will go in when the suspension is refurbed, hopefully including a GTV rear set-up.

Are you using an 'off the shelf' diffuser?



F****** b****** thing...
Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1652430
12/08/2021 14:23
12/08/2021 14:23
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
patrickstar Offline
Enjoying the ride
patrickstar  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 608
Stockport
Nice set up once your cage is fitted and tracking set up it's amazing how well they handle.
As for the bumper I took the diffuser from a Volvo and merged it with mine some cutting, plastic filler and a carbon fibre box to house my cartek rain light then paint later I'm very happy with it.
Carnt remember how to post pics on here otherwise I'd post some .
Good luck with the cage , mine is a sunroof model so ended up fitting a slimline sunroof so the cage would fit .

Re: BC Racing [Re: patrickstar] #1652431
12/08/2021 17:31
12/08/2021 17:31
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by patrickstar
Nice set up once your cage is fitted and tracking set up it's amazing how well they handle.
As for the bumper I took the diffuser from a Volvo and merged it with mine some cutting, plastic filler and a carbon fibre box to house my cartek rain light then paint later I'm very happy with it.
Carnt remember how to post pics on here otherwise I'd post some .
Good luck with the cage , mine is a sunroof model so ended up fitting a slimline sunroof so the cage would fit .


I can't wait to see the difference it makes. So few Coupé owners seem to fit cages and those that do rarely talk about the driving experience after on the forum. I figure, considering how floppy the chassis is as standard, it's got to make a huge improvement to both ride and handling.

Did you have yours corner weighted?

I would like to see if - can I PM you my email address?

Thanks! So far, 3 of the proposed 8 mounting points are rust so that's all being fixed in the coming weeks.


F****** b****** thing...
Re: BC Racing [Re: Felsen] #1652678
27/08/2021 16:36
27/08/2021 16:36
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
Give me a shout if you want rear Gtv set up photos.




Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6407 MB (Peak: 0.7391 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 18:03:18 UTC