Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TonyB), 1,000 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Car Cover #1649682
26/03/2021 10:16
26/03/2021 10:16
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 65
Gloucestershire
Sheepshead Offline OP
Reaping the fruits
Sheepshead  Offline OP
Reaping the fruits

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 65
Gloucestershire
Hi all. Can anybody recommend a decent car cover for outside use?

Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1649685
26/03/2021 11:16
26/03/2021 11:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
I use the Halfords one and it has been on and off cars for a few years now without issue. The Medium size is a great fit for the Coupe. I am sure there are better ones available but for under £50 I have been happy.


Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1649686
26/03/2021 12:10
26/03/2021 12:10
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 65
Gloucestershire
Sheepshead Offline OP
Reaping the fruits
Sheepshead  Offline OP
Reaping the fruits

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 65
Gloucestershire
Brill! will have a look cheers wink

Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1649723
28/03/2021 18:02
28/03/2021 18:02
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
P
PaulL Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
Yes. Autoexpress did a good review the other year, and Halfords were top.

Re: Car Cover [Re: andyps] #1650985
20/05/2021 08:43
20/05/2021 08:43
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 864
North-East
zak Offline
Enjoying the ride
zak  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 864
North-East
Originally Posted by andyps
I use the Halfords one and it has been on and off cars for a few years now without issue. The Medium size is a great fit for the Coupe. I am sure there are better ones available but for under £50 I have been happy.



Is it the "Halfords All Seasons Car Cover M 268806"?


picture too large; max size allowed is 300 x 100 pixels, please resize
2000X 20VT+
Re: Car Cover [Re: zak] #1650986
20/05/2021 11:45
20/05/2021 11:45
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,618
Scottish Borders
G_Man Offline
Club member 1656
G_Man  Offline
Club member 1656
My life on the forum

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,618
Scottish Borders
I'm not sure Zak as I bought my Halfords cover a few years ago and sometimes they change the spec and product number. However I also have the All Seasons in medium and it's a decent fit and stays in place. Just be careful that you're not too rough tightening the under car strap buckles as I ripped the cover and had to tape it up.
When I use mine for this winter, I may place a softer indoor cover underneath to minimise rub against the paint work.


77 77
Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1650988
20/05/2021 12:20
20/05/2021 12:20
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 586
S Wales
Morrison Offline
Club member 1566
Morrison  Offline
Club member 1566
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 586
S Wales
Another vote for the Halfords medium size here. It does what it says on the tin. Not sure how bad it is for the paintwork as I've used it on my silver coupe which doesn't have the best paint to start with.

If I was going to leave on long term I'd do what Gman suggests and use a soft one underneath.

Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1650991
20/05/2021 15:25
20/05/2021 15:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped Online content
Club member 1924
Gripped  Online Content
Club member 1924
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
I got the halfords all weather one this year and it leaked like a sieve so Sent it back. It looked like it was already a used item so I probably just need to get another.

Re: Car Cover [Re: Sheepshead] #1650992
20/05/2021 16:48
20/05/2021 16:48
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 586
S Wales
Morrison Offline
Club member 1566
Morrison  Offline
Club member 1566
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 586
S Wales
Oh good point, I don't know how bad it is for letting water through, I use it mainly for stopping bird poop and the billions of bits of tree that seem to get everywhere if I leave it parked at my mum's house.

Re: Car Cover [Re: zak] #1651000
21/05/2021 15:58
21/05/2021 15:58
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Originally Posted by zak
Originally Posted by andyps
I use the Halfords one and it has been on and off cars for a few years now without issue. The Medium size is a great fit for the Coupe. I am sure there are better ones available but for under £50 I have been happy.



Is it the "Halfords All Seasons Car Cover M 268806"?


That's the one. I probably need to replace mine as I've had it a few years but it seems to be waterproof still, just looking a little dirty round the edges.


Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: Car Cover [Re: Morrison] #1651001
21/05/2021 16:00
21/05/2021 16:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Morrison
Another vote for the Halfords medium size here. It does what it says on the tin. Not sure how bad it is for the paintwork as I've used it on my silver coupe which doesn't have the best paint to start with.

If I was going to leave on long term I'd do what Gman suggests and use a soft one underneath.


I did notice the other day that mine is slightly red from the door mirrors are on the car, but the lacquer came off them many years ago and they don't look to have suffered particularly in terms of the amount of paint now on them. I'll polish them before autumn when the cover goes back on though.


Andy

[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6439 MB (Peak: 0.7451 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:38:34 UTC