Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan), 1,148 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cambelts! #1656617
26/03/2022 22:22
26/03/2022 22:22
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
jon13 Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
jon13  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
So...
The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic).

Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc.

So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK?

I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job.

Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please? laugh


Re: Cambelts! [Re: jon13] #1656619
26/03/2022 23:00
26/03/2022 23:00
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
adam16vt Offline
My job on the forum
adam16vt  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
I’ve actually got a brand new skf cambelt kit for sale, not the kit with the water pump I might add

If you’ve sorted it in the mean time then it’s all good

I’m also happy to post you out my locking tools, if you cover postage to you and then back to me, If that makes sense?

Adam

Re: Cambelts! [Re: jon13] #1656621
26/03/2022 23:50
26/03/2022 23:50
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by jon13
So...
The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic).

Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc.

So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK?

I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job.

Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please? laugh



FCSS fit an aux belt pulley guard if you're interested, I don't know if Joe prefers to fit it himself or if he can provide you with one...


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Cambelts! [Re: jon13] #1656675
31/03/2022 11:26
31/03/2022 11:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Gates belts are perfectly fine smile


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Cambelts! [Re: Begbie] #1656707
31/03/2022 19:25
31/03/2022 19:25
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
jon13 Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
jon13  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
Originally Posted by Begbie
Gates belts are perfectly fine smile


Cheers Begbie! That helps as a mechanic friend offers trade discount!


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 14 (0.013s) Memory: 0.6147 MB (Peak: 0.6689 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:04:11 UTC