|
3 registered members (jarofjam, Notfastwes, YFG),
1,265
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Cambelts!
#1656617
26/03/2022 22:22
26/03/2022 22:22
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820 Trowbridge,Wiltshire
jon13
OP
Enjoying the ride
|
OP
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 820
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
|
So... The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic). Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc. So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK? I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job. Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please? 
|
|
|
Re: Cambelts!
[Re: jon13]
#1656621
26/03/2022 23:50
26/03/2022 23:50
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
Club President, member225
|
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
|
So... The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic). Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc. So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK? I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job. Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please?  FCSS fit an aux belt pulley guard if you're interested, I don't know if Joe prefers to fit it himself or if he can provide you with one...
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
|