Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Engine undertray missing #1660528
22/09/2022 20:00
22/09/2022 20:00
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 194
Bury St Edmunds
Andrew20V Offline OP
Club Member 1976, Regional Rep.E.Anglia
Andrew20V  Offline OP
Club Member 1976, Regional Rep.E.Anglia
On a journey

Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 194
Bury St Edmunds
I've noticed my car's undertray is missing. As an aside I'm not expecting to use my car in the rain. What's the general consensus on whether or not an undertray is necessary?

Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Andrew20V] #1660529
22/09/2022 20:10
22/09/2022 20:10
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
It's designed to protect the engine, whether from excess water, stones or anything else that might be kicked up.

There is one going up here but transport would be a challenge.


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Andrew20V] #1660530
22/09/2022 20:15
22/09/2022 20:15
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
clanger Offline
Making a profit
clanger  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
I would never run this car without an undertray. When I bought mine the undertray was fitted but a small "hatch" cover was missing. When I went to check the belts I found a small stone wedged into the aux belt idler pulley and it had ground a grove in to the center of the pulley that was only getting bigger each time the engine was started. I am convinced this stone got in via the missing undertray "hatch".

Take a look under your car and see how venerable the belts are without the undertray.


1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Andrew20V] #1660535
23/09/2022 03:03
23/09/2022 03:03
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,650
Malaysia..Glasgow at heart
Kelv27 Offline
Club member 7239, Regional Rep., Malaysia
Kelv27  Offline
Club member 7239, Regional Rep., Malaysia
Forum is my job

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,650
Malaysia..Glasgow at heart
I am convinced that the undertray not only serves as a protective cover but also helps in aero. I have ran with and without before and the difference is quite remarkable.

Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Andrew20V] #1660554
24/09/2022 08:50
24/09/2022 08:50
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
J
jonnyboy54321 Offline
Making a profit
jonnyboy54321  Offline
Making a profit
J

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
I think i have two or three undertrays 'in stock' if anyone wants to buy one


Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......
Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: jonnyboy54321] #1660556
24/09/2022 09:08
24/09/2022 09:08
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by jonnyboy54321
I think i have two or three undertrays 'in stock' if anyone wants to buy one


Pop this in Parts for Sale please thumb


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: jonnyboy54321] #1668263
21/10/2023 05:51
21/10/2023 05:51
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
Kyoto, Japan
K
kyotopidge Offline
Newbie
kyotopidge  Offline
Newbie
K

Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
Kyoto, Japan
Hi there. I know this is a whole year later, but only just started work on my LE. Do you happen to know where I might find a front and rear!? Thanks from Kyoto. Hamish.

Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Andrew20V] #1668264
21/10/2023 08:17
21/10/2023 08:17
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 160
JAKOBSLI
Mags Offline
On a journey
Mags  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 160
JAKOBSLI
Autodoc


1997 20vT
Scottish green / sand grey
Re: Engine undertray missing [Re: Mags] #1668365
25/10/2023 03:04
25/10/2023 03:04
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
Kyoto, Japan
K
kyotopidge Offline
Newbie
kyotopidge  Offline
Newbie
K

Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
Kyoto, Japan
Much obliged. Thanks.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6340 MB (Peak: 0.7096 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:56:40 UTC