» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 300 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,440
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,521
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NEC Classic Motor Show this weekend #1661753
09/11/2022 14:17
09/11/2022 14:17
Oxon / Berks
Ali_and_Marvin Offline OP
Club member 1311
Ali_and_Marvin  Offline OP
Club member 1311
Making a profit

Oxon / Berks
Is anyone else going along to the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC this weekend? Showing a vehicle, helping out or a general mooch around?

I'll be there all weekend with my other half Lez who's showing his little yellow Ginetta G33 RV8 on the Pride of Ownership stand in hall 3 so please do pop by and say hi. wave I doubt he'll win as there's stiff competiton on the stand but he certainly loves the car and (like me with mine) will turn up for the opening of an envelope to show it.

It can be a tiring though enjoyable weekend manning a club stand at the NEC and we often find it difficult to find volunteers so I'll also be helping out on the Ginetta Owners club stand, which as luck would have it is next to Pride of Ownership. (I displayed Marvin on the Ginetta club pitch at the Sywell Classic weekend back in September where he received a lot of compliments, I even gave out a couple of club calling cards thumb)

From looking at the show layout I see the Fiat Motor Club (GB) and X1/9 owners club are next to each other in hall 2 near the Silverstone Auctions stand. I'm hoping to bump into PeteP and a few friends from other clubs I'm in over the weekend but with such a big show we sometimes find the car but not the owner then get back to your stand to find they came to see you!

Apart from a general look around I'm hoping to see Dougie Lampkin doing a trial's demonstration. I remember seeing him at Goodwood Festival of Speed a few years ago.

[Linked Image]
Ali & Marvin
Re: NEC Classic Motor Show this weekend [Re: Ali_and_Marvin] #1661760
09/11/2022 16:58
09/11/2022 16:58
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Auld Reekie
You're a trooper Ali smile

As you know the Club opted not to make an appearance this November, perhaps the favoured month for attending, as we have experienced considerable difficulties attracting volunteers over the four days. In addition the outlay is not inconsiderable.

However I note your remarks re the Fiat Motor Club; there have been thoughts about "piggy-backing" for a future showing involving Coupés (likely next November) using such a Club as host.

If you see PeteP he'll be glad of an easier rôle this time round I'm certain!

BumbleBee carer smile