Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Misterchoos, Edinburgh), 913 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,140
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,917
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2.0 16v DOHC cams lift/profile; wide belt mod #1667504
15/09/2023 13:14
15/09/2023 13:14
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 1
Austria
Ned16v Offline OP
Newbie
Ned16v  Offline OP
Newbie

Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 1
Austria
Hello there,

I am trying to gather lift information (lift vs. angle diagrams) on available OE cam profiles that fit to 2.0 16v engine (the usual suspects, Tipo 5 door, 3 door, Kappa, etc.). In this thread "atmo cams timing" @Julien has posted images with the data he gathered. However, the images were hosted on imageshack and are not available any longer. I hope someone still has a copy of Julian's images or, even better, lift data in numerical form.

While I am at changing/timing cams, I might also go for the wide belt (22 or 25 mm) mod. Balancer shafts are deleted. As I prefer and enjoy to engineer things myself, I don't plan to buy one of the kits available, but build my own. Any information on which is crankshaft sprocket is the best to start with to replace the OE 7690152? JTS / JTD engines have a similar (but wider!) belt drive, the crankshaft sprocket (e.g. OE 46436278) needs quite a bit of fiddling to fit, and IMHO is somewhat a compromise.
How about the tensioner? The OE one might tightly accept 22 mm, but seems to be a bit narrow for 25 mm.

Best regards,
Ned

Last edited by Ned16v; 15/09/2023 13:30.
Re: 2.0 16v DOHC cams lift/profile; wide belt mod [Re: Ned16v] #1667564
18/09/2023 08:46
18/09/2023 08:46
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
I believe the Fiat Doblo has the wider pullies to accommodate the wider belt, but the question is, why? I run 400bhp on a standard Gates belt without issue as do many other cars. Cambelts are not a weak point with this engine, so you could save yourself the money and stick with the standard pullies.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.5945 MB (Peak: 0.6325 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 16:29:10 UTC