|
1 registered members (phil16vturbo),
1,057
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions….
#476745
06/11/2007 23:11
06/11/2007 23:11
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
So following on from my post earlier today in relation to my neighbours excellent driving seen here Click Here, im hoping to get some extra work done in the body shop including my bonnet being resprayed. The question is whether I should have the badge smoothed out for a cleaner finish. At the moment I’m very much in two minds… Keep the car in its original (albeit LE replica) state, or get the badge taken off for a nice smoothed finish. I have been looking at a couple of pictures of Coupe’s with the smoothed badge, but are there many owners on the forum who have had this done and would like to share some pictures? Here is one of the nicest examples i have seen so far... Clicky clickyAny others care to share some pictures so I can make a decision?
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: stan]
#476835
07/11/2007 00:40
07/11/2007 00:40
|
nrenz123
Unregistered
|
nrenz123
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#476842
07/11/2007 00:53
07/11/2007 00:53
|
Blueman
Unregistered
|
Blueman
Unregistered
|
I like them debadged, especially with a good paintjob. When its all shiny and you've got a massive smooth bonnet, I reckon you'll like it.
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#476858
07/11/2007 01:06
07/11/2007 01:06
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080 Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
|
TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me  . Baz 
![[Linked Image]](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/zero_2976/Coupe%20related/2.jpg) Project LE+
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: Baz76]
#476880
07/11/2007 01:23
07/11/2007 01:23
|
Guzbod
Unregistered
|
Guzbod
Unregistered
|
I think the badge is a bit naff especially when it is a bit faded. I have de badged the back and would love the bonnet debadged as well.
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477078
07/11/2007 03:49
07/11/2007 03:49
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: Theresa]
#477087
07/11/2007 03:53
07/11/2007 03:53
|
jaip
Unregistered
|
jaip
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477243
07/11/2007 05:50
07/11/2007 05:50
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I would get mine de-badged if it was in for a respray, I definitely think it looks better.
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: nick_d]
#477380
07/11/2007 15:02
07/11/2007 15:02
|
circolo
Unregistered
|
circolo
Unregistered
|
Personally I prefer without the badge. Makes the car a little more incognito. Leaving (some) people wondering what the car is, etc. Just need to make sure, if you do decide to go ahead, that the job is professional done. There's a fair amount of movement in the bonnet skin, and if it's just fillered, it may well crack up after some time. The recess, under the badge, is deep enough to weld in a small plate, and then a light filler to smooth the recess over. 
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477391
07/11/2007 15:12
07/11/2007 15:12
|
mad_car_man
Unregistered
|
mad_car_man
Unregistered
|
Personally I prefer without the badge. Makes the car a little more incognito. Leaving (some) people wondering what the car is, etc. Just need to make sure, if you do decide to go ahead, that the job is professional done. There's a fair amount of movement in the bonnet skin, and if it's just fillered, it may well crack up after some time. The recess, under the badge, is deep enough to weld in a small plate, and then a light filler to smooth the recess over. More like you dont want them to know we drive fiats  Debadge it in the flesh its so much nicer 
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477401
07/11/2007 15:22
07/11/2007 15:22
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
Cheers for the responses - there are some very nice examples there!
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477441
07/11/2007 15:58
07/11/2007 15:58
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
Last edited by AlanW; 07/11/2007 16:00.
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477457
07/11/2007 16:17
07/11/2007 16:17
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
i'm fairly sure carlt told me that it's abit too deep to fill for long term success?? might be imagining it  ... saw one at motormech a few weeks ago and although the paint job was good, you could see subtle differences in certain light. for what it's worth, i think it looks great debadged when first done, but a nice clean/new badge is cool too, imo....
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: Baz76]
#477682
07/11/2007 19:23
07/11/2007 19:23
|
DidCoop
Unregistered
|
DidCoop
Unregistered
|
TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me  . Baz Exactly how I feel about it!
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477710
07/11/2007 19:55
07/11/2007 19:55
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
Got mine done and I like it... pic 1 pic 2 pic 3 pic 4 Before
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#477722
07/11/2007 20:09
07/11/2007 20:09
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
Lots of mixed opinions on whether to keep it or remove it.
My main concern is putting off potential buyers when she comes up for sale. Then again the badge could be refitted should I need to albeit not recessed in the bonnet.
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: came2dance]
#477974
08/11/2007 00:43
08/11/2007 00:43
|
Blueman
Unregistered
|
Blueman
Unregistered
|
It looks particularily good on wine-red ones. TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me \:\( .
Baz \:\) This has started annoying me now 
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#478032
08/11/2007 01:44
08/11/2007 01:44
|
Chrisbp
Unregistered
|
Chrisbp
Unregistered
|
To be honest....the only people that wouldnt know its a Fiat wouldnt recognise the Fiat badge at the front anyway. That leaves everyone else that would think we're embarrassed its a Fiat so we have debadged it! So take the rear 'Fiat' badge off as that makes it more discreet but no need to debadge the front as it fools only those who dont care anyway. Having said all that.....from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, it does look good debadged! There in lies the problem, I guess, which is why its not an obvious choice. Chris
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#478087
08/11/2007 02:32
08/11/2007 02:32
|
jowster
Unregistered
|
jowster
Unregistered
|
Has anyone got a picture of a de-badged yellow coupe?
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#478355
08/11/2007 14:47
08/11/2007 14:47
|
circolo
Unregistered
|
circolo
Unregistered
|
Chris, I can see your point. But the reason most of us would de-badge their Coops, isn't embarrasment of driving a Fiat, but just so that it looks nicer (for those that prefer the "less is more" styling route). I'm proud to say that all my previous cars have been Fiats, (or Fiat family), and although there's been ups and downs with those past cars, they're always far more interesting and rewarding than the standard 'other' makes out there. I think it also depends on your previous styling choices; the majority of my previous cars have been de-badged. Most of the time this has been to remove "turbo ie" and "HGT" etc badges, admittedly. 
|
|
|
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions
[Re: ]
#478431
08/11/2007 15:55
08/11/2007 15:55
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Anyone got a pic of a debadged car in Yellow?
|
|
|
|