Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions…. #476745
06/11/2007 23:11
06/11/2007 23:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline OP
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
So following on from my post earlier today in relation to my neighbours excellent driving seen here Click Here, im hoping to get some extra work done in the body shop including my bonnet being resprayed.

The question is whether I should have the badge smoothed out for a cleaner finish. At the moment I’m very much in two minds… Keep the car in its original (albeit LE replica) state, or get the badge taken off for a nice smoothed finish.

I have been looking at a couple of pictures of Coupe’s with the smoothed badge, but are there many owners on the forum who have had this done and would like to share some pictures?

Here is one of the nicest examples i have seen so far...

Clicky clicky

Any others care to share some pictures so I can make a decision?


Coupe now sold!
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: RusH] #476830
07/11/2007 00:37
07/11/2007 00:37
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
In red


and


a bit closer


But to be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed by it, hence when the replacement bonnet gets resprayed the car is getting an *in-colour* badge fitted. The badge is already done, just need to paint the bonnet which is a slightly bigger job laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: stan] #476835
07/11/2007 00:40
07/11/2007 00:40

N
nrenz123
Unregistered
nrenz123
Unregistered
N




Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #476842
07/11/2007 00:53
07/11/2007 00:53

B
Blueman
Unregistered
Blueman
Unregistered
B



I like them debadged, especially with a good paintjob. When its all shiny and you've got a massive smooth bonnet, I reckon you'll like it.

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #476858
07/11/2007 01:06
07/11/2007 01:06
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76 Offline
Forum is my job
Baz76  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me frown .

Baz smile


[Linked Image]
Project LE+
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: Baz76] #476880
07/11/2007 01:23
07/11/2007 01:23

G
Guzbod
Unregistered
Guzbod
Unregistered
G



I think the badge is a bit naff especially when it is a bit faded. I have de badged the back and would love the bonnet debadged as well.

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477078
07/11/2007 03:49
07/11/2007 03:49
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: Theresa] #477087
07/11/2007 03:53
07/11/2007 03:53

J
jaip
Unregistered
jaip
Unregistered
J



me to but it was a quite alot of work

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/J20PTJ/1.jpg

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477243
07/11/2007 05:50
07/11/2007 05:50

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I would get mine de-badged if it was in for a respray, I definitely think it looks better.

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477254
07/11/2007 06:07
07/11/2007 06:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
Ah but if you de-badged you couldn't do THIS love


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: came2dance] #477264
07/11/2007 06:17
07/11/2007 06:17
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Originally Posted by came2dance
Ah but if you de-badged you couldn't do THIS love


i think that would be a good cover for the new calender


[Linked Image]
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: coupedummy] #477268
07/11/2007 06:22
07/11/2007 06:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
idea Good thinking batman smile I just sent Ross some pics but didn't send any 'detail' ones rolleyes


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: came2dance] #477318
07/11/2007 13:39
07/11/2007 13:39
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
should be getting mine back later so i'll take some pics of de bagde and post them in a bit....
Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: nick_d] #477380
07/11/2007 15:02
07/11/2007 15:02

C
circolo
Unregistered
circolo
Unregistered
C



Personally I prefer without the badge. Makes the car a little more incognito. Leaving (some) people wondering what the car is, etc.

Just need to make sure, if you do decide to go ahead, that the job is professional done. There's a fair amount of movement in the bonnet skin, and if it's just fillered, it may well crack up after some time. The recess, under the badge, is deep enough to weld in a small plate, and then a light filler to smooth the recess over.

smile

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477391
07/11/2007 15:12
07/11/2007 15:12

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by circolo
Personally I prefer without the badge. Makes the car a little more incognito. Leaving (some) people wondering what the car is, etc.

Just need to make sure, if you do decide to go ahead, that the job is professional done. There's a fair amount of movement in the bonnet skin, and if it's just fillered, it may well crack up after some time. The recess, under the badge, is deep enough to weld in a small plate, and then a light filler to smooth the recess over.

smile


More like you dont want them to know we drive fiats wink

Debadge it in the flesh its so much nicer cool

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477401
07/11/2007 15:22
07/11/2007 15:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline OP
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
Cheers for the responses - there are some very nice examples there!


Coupe now sold!
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: RusH] #477422
07/11/2007 15:36
07/11/2007 15:36

J
jamie3
Unregistered
jamie3
Unregistered
J



Go for debadge it transfers the hole front car of the car,but i agree with circolo you must get a plate welded as the filler can sink which means in certain light you will still be able to see where the badge was, which is against what you wanted to do in the first place.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/jamiecatch/IMG_2371.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/jamiecatch/IMG_3156.jpg

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477441
07/11/2007 15:58
07/11/2007 15:58

A
AlanW
Unregistered
AlanW
Unregistered
A




Last edited by AlanW; 07/11/2007 16:00.
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477457
07/11/2007 16:17
07/11/2007 16:17

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



i'm fairly sure carlt told me that it's abit too deep to fill for long term success?? might be imagining it crazy ... saw one at motormech a few weeks ago and although the paint job was good, you could see subtle differences in certain light.
for what it's worth, i think it looks great debadged when first done, but a nice clean/new badge is cool too, imo....

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477660
07/11/2007 19:11
07/11/2007 19:11

G
Ghost
Unregistered
Ghost
Unregistered
G



Does suit certain cars. I must confess I do like the totally debadged look:-

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...tion=view&current=Front3quarters.jpg

Last edited by Ghost; 07/11/2007 19:11.
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: Baz76] #477682
07/11/2007 19:23
07/11/2007 19:23

D
DidCoop
Unregistered
DidCoop
Unregistered
D



Originally Posted by Baz76
TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me frown .

Baz smile


Exactly how I feel about it!

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477710
07/11/2007 19:55
07/11/2007 19:55

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S



Got mine done and I like it...

pic 1
pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

Before

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #477722
07/11/2007 20:09
07/11/2007 20:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline OP
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
Lots of mixed opinions on whether to keep it or remove it.

My main concern is putting off potential buyers when she comes up for sale. Then again the badge could be refitted should I need to albeit not recessed in the bonnet.


Coupe now sold!
Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: RusH] #477728
07/11/2007 20:24
07/11/2007 20:24
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
I wonder what it would look like with the old badge removed and the recess filled in

And then one of the new round badges put on confused


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: came2dance] #477949
08/11/2007 00:23
08/11/2007 00:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 730
t0m0 Offline
Enjoying the ride
t0m0  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 730
More hassel than its worth IMO. A few people have had shrinking filer, slightly visible welds etc.

Also with out a badge it looks like a mock-up car done on a computer.

Any one who knows about cars will know its a fiat coupe anyway.

A new badge is £8 and looks really good. I think some one has a colour-coded badge, EDz may be and it looks really nice.

*De-badged coops still looks great though, it suits more modded ones with kit, wheels etc.

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: came2dance] #477974
08/11/2007 00:43
08/11/2007 00:43

B
Blueman
Unregistered
Blueman
Unregistered
B



It looks particularily good on wine-red ones.

Quote
TBH I prefer the badge,I find it annoying as I *know* there should be a badge there and so makes it look incomplete to me \:\( .

Baz \:\)


This has started annoying me now laugh

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #478032
08/11/2007 01:44
08/11/2007 01:44

C
Chrisbp
Unregistered
Chrisbp
Unregistered
C



To be honest....the only people that wouldnt know its a Fiat wouldnt recognise the Fiat badge at the front anyway. That leaves everyone else that would think we're embarrassed its a Fiat so we have debadged it! So take the rear 'Fiat' badge off as that makes it more discreet but no need to debadge the front as it fools only those who dont care anyway.

Having said all that.....from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, it does look good debadged! There in lies the problem, I guess, which is why its not an obvious choice. confused

Chris

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #478087
08/11/2007 02:32
08/11/2007 02:32

J
jowster
Unregistered
jowster
Unregistered
J



Has anyone got a picture of a de-badged yellow coupe?

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #478355
08/11/2007 14:47
08/11/2007 14:47

C
circolo
Unregistered
circolo
Unregistered
C



Chris, I can see your point. But the reason most of us would de-badge their Coops, isn't embarrasment of driving a Fiat, but just so that it looks nicer (for those that prefer the "less is more" styling route).

I'm proud to say that all my previous cars have been Fiats, (or Fiat family), and although there's been ups and downs with those past cars, they're always far more interesting and rewarding than the standard 'other' makes out there.

I think it also depends on your previous styling choices; the majority of my previous cars have been de-badged. Most of the time this has been to remove "turbo ie" and "HGT" etc badges, admittedly.

smile

Re: De-badge the front bonnet? Decisions decisions [Re: ] #478431
08/11/2007 15:55
08/11/2007 15:55

K
Kevin
Unregistered
Kevin
Unregistered
K



Anyone got a pic of a debadged car in Yellow?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 15 (0.009s) Memory: 0.7266 MB (Peak: 0.9432 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:00:39 UTC