|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: bockers]
#544860
19/02/2008 05:18
19/02/2008 05:18
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
i was watching these but when they went over a tenner i stopped!!!
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: Theresa]
#544897
19/02/2008 06:14
19/02/2008 06:14
|
cheesy
Unregistered
|
cheesy
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: ]
#544898
19/02/2008 06:17
19/02/2008 06:17
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
Thats Rob66 on this forum Good to see hes getting a good price for them. Ross
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: stan]
#544963
19/02/2008 14:03
19/02/2008 14:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285 Manchester
GraemeC
Competition Level
|
Competition Level
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
|
But the horn's on coupes are rubbish to begin with.....well, at leas mine is anyway
Its certainly not the manly, deep sounding 'BEEP - GET OUT OF MY WAY!" you'd want from a coupe, more an 'Excuse me, could I possibly trouble you to ask if.....ah, never mind, sorry for asking, carry on as before...."
It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: Sedicivalvole]
#545094
19/02/2008 18:02
19/02/2008 18:02
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
So, how much are they in Halfords? Tenner?!  I thought they were twenty quid (cowboy has a green set). Are these better sounding and/or louder than the standard one's (they look better as mine have turned rusty brown!)  I see he's breaking it as his head gasket went - I persevered & should get mine back today!! After the final bill for repair I can't afford new horns!!! 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: stan]
#545128
19/02/2008 18:52
19/02/2008 18:52
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
theres something about a really weak sounding horn, on an obviously quick / powerful car which almost makes it cool IMO!
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: Barmybob]
#545174
19/02/2008 19:29
19/02/2008 19:29
|
ChimChim
Unregistered
|
ChimChim
Unregistered
|
I fancy a set that sounds like a 70's italian sports car.
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: bockers]
#545309
19/02/2008 22:28
19/02/2008 22:28
|
Duffman
Unregistered
|
Duffman
Unregistered
|
Hey bockers I like that setup how did you do it ? looks quite meaty 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: bockers]
#545774
20/02/2008 16:59
20/02/2008 16:59
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
Mr bockers, have you ever posted a video anywhere demonstrating their sound?
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: ]
#545813
20/02/2008 17:39
20/02/2008 17:39
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083 Chertsey in the Thames
bockers
OP
Hon Club Member 007
|
OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
|
Mr bockers, have you ever posted a video anywhere demonstrating their sound? No, but Stingray has on this post
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: barnacle]
#545817
20/02/2008 17:41
20/02/2008 17:41
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
Seen how much widgets go for on eBay? I was obviously underpricing them... A lot to do with the fact that they are no longer available - i dont know what i would do without mine!
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: RusH]
#551978
29/02/2008 01:33
29/02/2008 01:33
|
emile20VT
Unregistered
|
emile20VT
Unregistered
|
Looking at these halfords horns anyone used these. Are they easy to changeover wiring etc? Not to keen on the plastic chrome but I assume that they come off. The existing ones look like digestive biscuits ! BTW Does every mounting bracket on the coupe rust or are they meant to be like that 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: ]
#552014
29/02/2008 02:16
29/02/2008 02:16
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123 Cumbria
stan
Dr. Frankenstan
|
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
|
Looking at these halfords horns anyone used these. Are they easy to changeover wiring etc? Simple like-for-like swap  The Chrome does unclip. The brackets were made from recycled rusty Ladas hence the reason the rust so quickly!  Hammerite Smooth Satin Black soon sorts them out 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: stan]
#552063
29/02/2008 03:31
29/02/2008 03:31
|
emile20VT
Unregistered
|
emile20VT
Unregistered
|
Thanks for the Hammerite tip stan 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: ]
#558305
08/03/2008 04:19
08/03/2008 04:19
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
Went into Halfords this week to upgrade my rusty horns with new ones & found these http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=964Are these the horns in question? Anyone upgraded to these on here? Are they any good/ They're £18.99 for the pair in store and they happen to be colour coded to my engine bay!  Are they a direct replacement & easy to fit??  I know cowboy had a green set for his Scotts model, but the guy reckoned no other colours are available. Anyone else got other colours apart from red?? 
|
|
|
Re: I've not got the horn
[Re: ]
#558320
08/03/2008 04:29
08/03/2008 04:29
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
i think you'll find he painted them buddy!!!
|
|
|
|