Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I've not got the horn #544857
19/02/2008 05:15
19/02/2008 05:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Well not at this price

Must get down to Halfords and buy a set and cover them in mud. £9.99 to £50 in minutes shocked

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: bockers] #544860
19/02/2008 05:18
19/02/2008 05:18

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



i was watching these but when they went over a tenner i stopped!!!

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #544870
19/02/2008 05:25
19/02/2008 05:25
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
shocked Think I paid around £10/£15 for mine.

£50 shocked

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: Theresa] #544897
19/02/2008 06:14
19/02/2008 06:14

C
cheesy
Unregistered
cheesy
Unregistered
C



thats crazy

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #544898
19/02/2008 06:17
19/02/2008 06:17

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



Thats Rob66 on this forum laugh

Good to see hes getting a good price for them.

Ross

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #544960
19/02/2008 13:53
19/02/2008 13:53
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
I'm with Bockers........I'm orf to Halfords and load my boot up with their horns! laugh

I'll do a £1 discount for forumistas, so £49 a pair for all you lucky people! laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: stan] #544963
19/02/2008 14:03
19/02/2008 14:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
But the horn's on coupes are rubbish to begin with.....well, at leas mine is anyway

Its certainly not the manly, deep sounding 'BEEP - GET OUT OF MY WAY!" you'd want from a coupe, more an 'Excuse me, could I possibly trouble you to ask if.....ah, never mind, sorry for asking, carry on as before...."


It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: GraemeC] #544965
19/02/2008 14:05
19/02/2008 14:05
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
You don't have that problem with the Halford's ones: they say "Move or I make you an offer you won't refuse and I'll leave a horse's head in your bed the next time....." laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: stan] #545004
19/02/2008 15:30
19/02/2008 15:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Ah sound friendly


Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: Sedicivalvole] #545094
19/02/2008 18:02
19/02/2008 18:02

M
mona
Unregistered
mona
Unregistered
M



So, how much are they in Halfords? Tenner?! ooo I thought they were twenty quid (cowboy has a green set). Are these better sounding and/or louder than the standard one's (they look better as mine have turned rusty brown!) confused

I see he's breaking it as his head gasket went - I persevered & should get mine back today!! After the final bill for repair I can't afford new horns!!! cry

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545113
19/02/2008 18:36
19/02/2008 18:36
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
They were £14.99 when I bought mine from Halfords, not sure if they have increased in price though confused

They do sound a lot better than the old, worn out ones smile


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: stan] #545128
19/02/2008 18:52
19/02/2008 18:52

O
owl10
Unregistered
owl10
Unregistered
O



theres something about a really weak sounding horn, on an obviously quick / powerful car which almost makes it cool IMO!

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545161
19/02/2008 19:16
19/02/2008 19:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
Blimey you could get two Fiat horns and a new bracket for less than that shocked


Gone Audi mad!
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: Barmybob] #545174
19/02/2008 19:29
19/02/2008 19:29

C
ChimChim
Unregistered
ChimChim
Unregistered
C



I fancy a set that sounds like a 70's italian sports car.

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545186
19/02/2008 19:47
19/02/2008 19:47
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Like this laugh

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: bockers] #545309
19/02/2008 22:28
19/02/2008 22:28

D
Duffman
Unregistered
Duffman
Unregistered
D



Hey bockers I like that setup how did you do it ? looks quite meaty laugh

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545317
19/02/2008 22:38
19/02/2008 22:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Indeed I did, took minutes to do and was only £14 from Halfords laugh

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: bockers] #545549
20/02/2008 05:16
20/02/2008 05:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Ah ebay madness! I still smile when I think of the three times I bought a plus grille for £23 (from fiat no less) and sold them on, each for over £50 laugh Who are these people?



Coopless!
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #545658
20/02/2008 14:45
20/02/2008 14:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Seen how much widgets go for on eBay? I was obviously underpricing them...


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: bockers] #545774
20/02/2008 16:59
20/02/2008 16:59

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



Originally Posted by bockers
Like this laugh


Mr bockers, have you ever posted a video anywhere demonstrating their sound?

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545813
20/02/2008 17:39
20/02/2008 17:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Originally Posted by DanielTheManual
Originally Posted by bockers
Like this laugh


Mr bockers, have you ever posted a video anywhere demonstrating their sound?


No, but Stingray has on this post

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #545815
20/02/2008 17:40
20/02/2008 17:40
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by DanielTheManual
Originally Posted by bockers
Like this laugh


Mr bockers, have you ever posted a video anywhere demonstrating their sound?



No because if he touches the button he's breaking the law! laugh


Gotcha! tongue


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: barnacle] #545817
20/02/2008 17:41
20/02/2008 17:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
Originally Posted by barnacle
Seen how much widgets go for on eBay? I was obviously underpricing them...


A lot to do with the fact that they are no longer available - i dont know what i would do without mine!


Coupe now sold!
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: RusH] #551978
29/02/2008 01:33
29/02/2008 01:33

E
emile20VT
Unregistered
emile20VT
Unregistered
E



Looking at these halfords horns anyone used these. Are they easy to changeover wiring etc?

Not to keen on the plastic chrome but I assume that they come off. The existing ones look like digestive biscuits !

BTW Does every mounting bracket on the coupe rust or are they meant to be like that laugh


Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #552014
29/02/2008 02:16
29/02/2008 02:16
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by emile20VT
Looking at these halfords horns anyone used these. Are they easy to changeover wiring etc?




Simple like-for-like swap smile

The Chrome does unclip.

The brackets were made from recycled rusty Ladas hence the reason the rust so quickly! laugh

Hammerite Smooth Satin Black soon sorts them out wink


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: stan] #552063
29/02/2008 03:31
29/02/2008 03:31

E
emile20VT
Unregistered
emile20VT
Unregistered
E



Thanks for the Hammerite tip stan smile

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #558305
08/03/2008 04:19
08/03/2008 04:19

M
mona
Unregistered
mona
Unregistered
M



Went into Halfords this week to upgrade my rusty horns with new ones & found these

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=964

Are these the horns in question? Anyone upgraded to these on here? Are they any good/ They're £18.99 for the pair in store and they happen to be colour coded to my engine bay! cool Are they a direct replacement & easy to fit?? ooo

I know cowboy had a green set for his Scotts model, but the guy reckoned no other colours are available. Anyone else got other colours apart from red?? confused

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #558320
08/03/2008 04:29
08/03/2008 04:29

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



i think you'll find he painted them buddy!!!

Re: I've not got the horn [Re: ] #558321
08/03/2008 04:30
08/03/2008 04:30
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
That's the ones we've been discussing Mona smile

Haven't seen any other colours, so get out the rattle can


[Linked Image]
Re: I've not got the horn [Re: stan] #558327
08/03/2008 04:40
08/03/2008 04:40
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Mona, yes they are a direct replacement smile

Cowboy sprayed his.

You shoudn't have to do anything to yours, as it's red anyway cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 15 (0.010s) Memory: 0.7331 MB (Peak: 0.9467 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:07:41 UTC