|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
She never ceases to amaze me!
#550913
27/02/2008 18:33
27/02/2008 18:33
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123 Cumbria
stan
OP
Dr. Frankenstan
|
OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
|
Sooooo, when I bought the project all those years ago the alarm was switched off. It's the old bog standard Scorpion. The car came with the little key for disabling/enabling the alarm but I've never bothered as I assumed there was something wrong with the system...... Until this morning when, bored at home, I decided to mosey out and enable the system. Press the button on the keyfob and she chirps three times to let me know she's now armed and dangerous  Press the button again and she chirps once to let me know she's insecure and vulnerable. Press the button again, try to gain entry from the rear (through her boot) and she screams the neighbourhood down!  So, there you have it, I am the proud owner of a functioning Scorpion alarm!  Never assume anything where a coupé is concerned! 
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: Wishy]
#550995
27/02/2008 19:39
27/02/2008 19:39
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Wow. Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature 
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: stan]
#551024
27/02/2008 20:03
27/02/2008 20:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
Never assume anything where a coupé is concerned!  Good advice
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: ]
#551028
27/02/2008 20:09
27/02/2008 20:09
|
Quinny
Unregistered
|
Quinny
Unregistered
|
Wow. Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature  Or refuse to be switched off; in the parking garage of the airport, when you've just picked up your mother in law... I felt rediculous, walking around the car with the remote, trying it from every angle... It worked fine again when I tried it after I got home and worked fine ever since...
Last edited by Quinny; 27/02/2008 20:13.
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: stan]
#551197
28/02/2008 00:26
28/02/2008 00:26
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080 Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
|
I wonder if you`ll find out that the boot or bonnet sensors are not operating properly (usually does this around 3am  ) now you`ve switched the alarm on  . Baz 
![[Linked Image]](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/zero_2976/Coupe%20related/2.jpg) Project LE+
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: Baz76]
#551198
28/02/2008 00:29
28/02/2008 00:29
|
clay
Unregistered
|
clay
Unregistered
|
well theres some alarming news!!! 
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: ]
#551211
28/02/2008 00:43
28/02/2008 00:43
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123 Cumbria
stan
OP
Dr. Frankenstan
|
OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
|
well theres some alarming news!!!  Nice one! Baz: bonnet sensor disappeared long ago  Now the boot on the other hand........ach, if it goes off I'll just get 'er indoors to nip down and switch off the alarm, I'm sure she'll be quite happy to do that for me?
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: ]
#551260
28/02/2008 01:48
28/02/2008 01:48
|
weyland
Unregistered
|
weyland
Unregistered
|
Wow. Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature  Or refuse to be switched off; in the parking garage of the airport, when you've just picked up your mother in law... I felt rediculous, walking around the car with the remote, trying it from every angle... It worked fine again when I tried it after I got home and worked fine ever since... Or assume it will work for any length of time  I can quite happily have my alarm working for days, then it just decides to not dis-arm itself, when you come back to jump in and drive off 
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: ]
#551935
29/02/2008 00:46
29/02/2008 00:46
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Where the hell is the alarm, I can't find it. Knowing me I've probably just got a keyfob that makes the lights flash and an LED come on!!
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: She never ceases to amaze me!
[Re: stan]
#552745
01/03/2008 02:01
01/03/2008 02:01
|
Leckypete
Unregistered
|
Leckypete
Unregistered
|
Lol, had 3 coupes now, alarms have all worked fine! Only time mine has played up was after some servere wet weather (lost its blip to warn of activation, but still flashed indicators) back to normal when dried out 
|
|
|
|