Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
She never ceases to amaze me! #550913
27/02/2008 18:33
27/02/2008 18:33
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Sooooo, when I bought the project all those years ago the alarm was switched off. It's the old bog standard Scorpion. The car came with the little key for disabling/enabling the alarm but I've never bothered as I assumed there was something wrong with the system......

Until this morning when, bored at home, I decided to mosey out and enable the system.

Press the button on the keyfob and she chirps three times to let me know she's now armed and dangerous laugh

Press the button again and she chirps once to let me know she's insecure and vulnerable.

Press the button again, try to gain entry from the rear (through her boot) and she screams the neighbourhood down! laugh

So, there you have it, I am the proud owner of a functioning Scorpion alarm! cool

Never assume anything where a coupé is concerned! laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: stan] #550924
27/02/2008 18:37
27/02/2008 18:37
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Do you have the red key though confused laugh


Up yours Photobucket.
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: Wishy] #550995
27/02/2008 19:39
27/02/2008 19:39

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



Wow.

Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature laugh

Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: stan] #551024
27/02/2008 20:03
27/02/2008 20:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Originally Posted by stan
Never assume anything where a coupé is concerned! laugh


Good advice


Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: Wishy] #551026
27/02/2008 20:08
27/02/2008 20:08
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Wishy
Do you have the red key though confused laugh



I do I do I do tongue


Well, I have a silver key I sprayed red, does that count? laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: ] #551028
27/02/2008 20:09
27/02/2008 20:09

Q
Quinny
Unregistered
Quinny
Unregistered
Q



Originally Posted by Nobby
Wow.

Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature laugh


Or refuse to be switched off; in the parking garage of the airport, when you've just picked up your mother in law...

I felt rediculous, walking around the car with the remote, trying it from every angle...

It worked fine again when I tried it after I got home and worked fine ever since...

Last edited by Quinny; 27/02/2008 20:13.
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: ] #551030
27/02/2008 20:10
27/02/2008 20:10
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
I have wire cutters in the glovebox, just in case laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: stan] #551197
28/02/2008 00:26
28/02/2008 00:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76 Offline
Forum is my job
Baz76  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
I wonder if you`ll find out that the boot or bonnet sensors are not operating properly (usually does this around 3am grr ) now you`ve switched the alarm on tongue .

Baz smile


[Linked Image]
Project LE+
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: Baz76] #551198
28/02/2008 00:29
28/02/2008 00:29

C
clay
Unregistered
clay
Unregistered
C



well theres some alarming news!!! laugh

Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: ] #551211
28/02/2008 00:43
28/02/2008 00:43
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by clay
well theres some alarming news!!! laugh



laugh Nice one!

Baz: bonnet sensor disappeared long ago laugh

Now the boot on the other hand........ach, if it goes off I'll just get 'er indoors to nip down and switch off the alarm, I'm sure she'll be quite happy to do that for me?


[Linked Image]
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: ] #551260
28/02/2008 01:48
28/02/2008 01:48

W
weyland
Unregistered
weyland
Unregistered
W



Originally Posted by Quinny
Originally Posted by Nobby
Wow.

Word of warning: Avoid large busy areas where there is the opportunit to be majorly embarrassed. The alarm WILL go off, just to spite you. Its a feature laugh


Or refuse to be switched off; in the parking garage of the airport, when you've just picked up your mother in law...

I felt rediculous, walking around the car with the remote, trying it from every angle...

It worked fine again when I tried it after I got home and worked fine ever since...


Or assume it will work for any length of time smile
I can quite happily have my alarm working for days, then it just decides to not dis-arm itself, when you come back to jump in and drive off grr

Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: ] #551935
29/02/2008 00:46
29/02/2008 00:46
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
Where the hell is the alarm, I can't find it. Knowing me I've probably just got a keyfob that makes the lights flash and an LED come on!!



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: MrCooper] #551945
29/02/2008 00:51
29/02/2008 00:51
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Scorpion alarm box is down on the nearside at the front of the engine bay.


[Linked Image]
Re: She never ceases to amaze me! [Re: stan] #552745
01/03/2008 02:01
01/03/2008 02:01

L
Leckypete
Unregistered
Leckypete
Unregistered
L



Lol,
had 3 coupes now, alarms have all worked fine!
Only time mine has played up was after some servere wet weather (lost its blip to warn of activation, but still flashed indicators) back to normal when dried out smile


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6564 MB (Peak: 0.7773 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:54:14 UTC