|
1 registered members (Robski1337),
1,372
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Disposing of body shells
#576414
30/03/2008 21:03
30/03/2008 21:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
If I were to break my coupe (and it's just an idea at the moment!) I would be left with a bodyshell, on my drive  What's the options, would it be mega-expensive to get rid of? it'd be down the side of the house and would have to be moved somehow  anyone got any experience?
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576420
30/03/2008 21:11
30/03/2008 21:11
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
If I were to break my coupe (and it's just an idea at the moment!) I would be left with a bodyshell, on my drive  What's the options, would it be mega-expensive to get rid of? it'd be down the side of the house and would have to be moved somehow  anyone got any experience? Why you thinking of breaking it? What's up with it?
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576423
30/03/2008 21:19
30/03/2008 21:19
|
124coupe
Unregistered
|
124coupe
Unregistered
|
I've cut up quiet a few Fiat's and Citroen's. In the past I've cut the body up to easily handled pieces and taken to the metal skip at the local tip.
The last two FIAT 124 sports I got a local scrapman to collect the complete shell which they did willingly because the scrap price has risen sharply.
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576426
30/03/2008 21:25
30/03/2008 21:25
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Thanks all. This is why I'm considering it... I've just added up what I think I can get for the parts on my coupe, £3K. OR I can pay £750 to get the car back on the road, it'll be worth £2500 I think judging by today's stupidly low coop prices. I'd also have to tax and MOT. So... £3K or £1500 
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576431
30/03/2008 21:33
30/03/2008 21:33
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700 burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
|
Matt Just fix it, it sounds like you've forgotton what it's like to drive a 20VT. I also thik you'd be very lucky to get that much for parts, not to mention the stupid amounts of time and hassle it'll cost. Just fix it, please...it's potentially one of the best cars on here...and the average yearly milage is getting lower and lower 
Smart Fitness and GPS seller
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: whatmoretyres]
#576432
30/03/2008 21:38
30/03/2008 21:38
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
Yes it takes a lot of time and hastle to break a car, thats why the pug is for sale rust and all. How did you come up with £3k? the main bits that sell are the engine, bonnet, seats, turbo and brembos, the rest you could spend a long time shifting... Just fix it 
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576435
30/03/2008 21:44
30/03/2008 21:44
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Okay, let's pretend I fix it. I can't afford the insurance (£1,000) petrol is £1.08 a litre now  the tax is pretty much £200 a year. I've started paying rent now, and I couldn't really afford her before I did! I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible. I'm just trying to face up to facts and be sensible for once  P.S I've not forgotten what it's like to drive, believe me nobody likes coupe's more than me, and nobody loves their coupe as much as me.
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576437
30/03/2008 21:48
30/03/2008 21:48
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
I will pledge a quid if that helps?
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: whatmoretyres]
#576440
30/03/2008 21:52
30/03/2008 21:52
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,855 Birmingham
benje
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,855
Birmingham
|
When I broke my 205 GTi, the local pikeys were round within 1 week, and the shell was on the back of their pickup within minutes  By the way,there were 3 of them, I have no idea how they managed to pick it up and get it on. I asked them what they were going to do with it "Give it to the local fire station for practice" Yeah OK then  Ben
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: whatmoretyres]
#576441
30/03/2008 21:53
30/03/2008 21:53
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
Stop bleating and fix it.
You have to buy petrol for any car You have to insure any car Tax may well be higher if you buy a newer car
You will lose a lot of money you have put into it without getting back the enjoyment
FIX IT! No matter how you look at it,every car is a money pit  But at the end of the day,you know the car you have now  Fix it,Fix it
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576447
30/03/2008 22:00
30/03/2008 22:00
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Who says I have to have a car? I've been using the family car for 2 years no probs. I fancy going travelling too and I can't do that with a coop on the drive. I will have another one  when I can afford. To give you some idea of the SORT of prices I think I could get, Superspool £400 Pace SMIC £100 Apexi filter and hose £50 Engine £300 Bonnet £100 HID's fitted to lights £100 Refurbed callipers in sprint blue £150 Scorpion cat-back £150 Supersprint de-cat £50 Blitz SBC ID3 £200 Blitz i-colur screen £100 Nomad pillar pod £45 Blitz Boost gauge £60 Sprint blue sparco strut brace £100 alloy oil filler cap £20 17" Alloys with good tyres £300 Full mint gliptoned leather interior £250 Good condition cat £40 Standard exhaust £40 DVD player £80 infinity speakers £30 Pioneer speakers £30 Sub and amp £50 unfitted new sprint blue rear lip £50 Unused 360 bumper sprint blue £100 grille with pinin badge £30 new horns £10 sparco pedals £20 proper fiat gearknob £20 alloy handbrake cover £10 standard turbo needs refurb £20 20V turbo logo rear brake light £15 New welded manifold from carlt £100 new manifold shield £20 new coolant tank £20 10 litres silkolene PRO 10-40 £50 Red-dot grooved discs and pads all round NEW £100 gasket set £10 top gasket set £5 That's just the main parts off the top of my head, never mind the fiddly little ones, I'll probably just give them away to whoever. I know for a fact I'd sell all that no probs on here. That lot comes to £3065 alone. I've not made my mind up yet, just considering  The biggest factor is Carlt, He's the only one that can fix my coop (well motormech, powerfiat etc COULD but I'm not gonna pay £1500!) but I'm having trouble contacting.
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576451
30/03/2008 22:05
30/03/2008 22:05
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
racyraz
Unregistered
|
ok mate, I'll have the bonnet,nomad pillar pod, boost gauge then please
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576456
30/03/2008 22:08
30/03/2008 22:08
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
Ah I didn't realise you had so much upgraded stuff. I would sell a load of that off then sell whats left as a standard car, unless you really want to be taking an engine out and crating it if for posting etc?
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576460
30/03/2008 22:12
30/03/2008 22:12
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
mitch
Unregistered
|
Not everone want to come to wales to spanner an engine out on someones drive  Good luck 
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#576499
30/03/2008 22:49
30/03/2008 22:49
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible. Bullshit. I was clearing £930 a month with a mortgage last oct and i didnt get rid of mine. Ross p.s. do another count matt. Of what all those parts cost you...
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: Flea]
#576512
30/03/2008 23:12
30/03/2008 23:12
|
Matty
Unregistered
|
Matty
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576656
31/03/2008 01:42
31/03/2008 01:42
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible. Bullshit. I was clearing £930 a month with a mortgage last oct and i didnt get rid of mine. Ross p.s. do another count matt. Of what all those parts cost you... I was on about that much when I got mine. It was hard, so I was forced to do a bit of overtime and work harder to keep it on the road. result: promotions and pay rises 
|
|
|
Re: Disposing of body shells
[Re: ]
#576704
31/03/2008 02:18
31/03/2008 02:18
|
cheesy
Unregistered
|
cheesy
Unregistered
|
i'm just in the process of returning mine to standard and then gonna sell the car I'm more than happy with what i've been able to recoupe so far. I have the drive to sort it out & borrowed me mums car to run round in
|
|
|
|