Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Disposing of body shells #576414
30/03/2008 21:03
30/03/2008 21:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
If I were to break my coupe (and it's just an idea at the moment!) I would be left with a bodyshell, on my drive laugh What's the options, would it be mega-expensive to get rid of? it'd be down the side of the house and would have to be moved somehow crazy anyone got any experience?



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576419
30/03/2008 21:10
30/03/2008 21:10
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
First dibs on the side skirts! laugh

How far is the local scrapyard? Price of scrap metal has soared over the last few years so they'd collect it for free, no problem smile


[Linked Image]
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576420
30/03/2008 21:11
30/03/2008 21:11

R
racyraz
Unregistered
racyraz
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
If I were to break my coupe (and it's just an idea at the moment!) I would be left with a bodyshell, on my drive laugh What's the options, would it be mega-expensive to get rid of? it'd be down the side of the house and would have to be moved somehow crazy anyone got any experience?


Why you thinking of breaking it?

What's up with it?

smile

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576423
30/03/2008 21:19
30/03/2008 21:19

1
124coupe
Unregistered
124coupe
Unregistered
1



I've cut up quiet a few Fiat's and Citroen's.

In the past I've cut the body up to easily handled pieces and taken to the metal skip at the local tip.

The last two FIAT 124 sports I got a local scrapman to collect the complete shell which they did willingly because the scrap price has risen sharply.

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576426
30/03/2008 21:25
30/03/2008 21:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Thanks all.

This is why I'm considering it...

I've just added up what I think I can get for the parts on my coupe, £3K.

OR I can pay £750 to get the car back on the road, it'll be worth £2500 I think judging by today's stupidly low coop prices. I'd also have to tax and MOT.

So... £3K or £1500 crazy



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576431
30/03/2008 21:33
30/03/2008 21:33
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
Matt
Just fix it, it sounds like you've forgotton what it's like to drive a 20VT. I also thik you'd be very lucky to get that much for parts, not to mention the stupid amounts of time and hassle it'll cost.

Just fix it, please...it's potentially one of the best cars on here...and the average yearly milage is getting lower and lower wink smile


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: whatmoretyres] #576432
30/03/2008 21:38
30/03/2008 21:38

M
mitch
Unregistered
mitch
Unregistered
M



Yes it takes a lot of time and hastle to break a car, thats why the pug is for sale rust and all. How did you come up with £3k? the main bits that sell are the engine, bonnet, seats, turbo and brembos, the rest you could spend a long time shifting...

Just fix it smile

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576435
30/03/2008 21:44
30/03/2008 21:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Okay, let's pretend I fix it. I can't afford the insurance (£1,000) petrol is £1.08 a litre now crazy the tax is pretty much £200 a year. I've started paying rent now, and I couldn't really afford her before I did! I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible. I'm just trying to face up to facts and be sensible for once smile

P.S I've not forgotten what it's like to drive, believe me nobody likes coupe's more than me, and nobody loves their coupe as much as me.



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576437
30/03/2008 21:48
30/03/2008 21:48

M
mitch
Unregistered
mitch
Unregistered
M



I will pledge a quid if that helps?

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576438
30/03/2008 21:49
30/03/2008 21:49
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
Stop bleating and fix it.

You have to buy petrol for any car
You have to insure any car
Tax may well be higher if you buy a newer car

You will lose a lot of money you have put into it without getting back the enjoyment

FIX IT!


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: whatmoretyres] #576440
30/03/2008 21:52
30/03/2008 21:52
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,855
Birmingham
B
benje Offline
My life on the forum
benje  Offline
My life on the forum
B

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,855
Birmingham
When I broke my 205 GTi, the local pikeys were round within 1 week, and the shell was on the back of their pickup within minutes smile By the way,there were 3 of them, I have no idea how they managed to pick it up and get it on.

I asked them what they were going to do with it "Give it to the local fire station for practice" Yeah OK then smile

Ben

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: whatmoretyres] #576441
30/03/2008 21:53
30/03/2008 21:53

R
racyraz
Unregistered
racyraz
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by whatmoretyres
Stop bleating and fix it.

You have to buy petrol for any car
You have to insure any car
Tax may well be higher if you buy a newer car

You will lose a lot of money you have put into it without getting back the enjoyment

FIX IT!


No matter how you look at it,every car is a money pit laugh

But at the end of the day,you know the car you have now smile

Fix it,Fix it smile

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576447
30/03/2008 22:00
30/03/2008 22:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Who says I have to have a car? I've been using the family car for 2 years no probs. I fancy going travelling too and I can't do that with a coop on the drive. I will have another one laugh when I can afford. To give you some idea of the SORT of prices I think I could get,

Superspool £400
Pace SMIC £100
Apexi filter and hose £50
Engine £300
Bonnet £100
HID's fitted to lights £100
Refurbed callipers in sprint blue £150
Scorpion cat-back £150
Supersprint de-cat £50
Blitz SBC ID3 £200
Blitz i-colur screen £100
Nomad pillar pod £45
Blitz Boost gauge £60
Sprint blue sparco strut brace £100
alloy oil filler cap £20
17" Alloys with good tyres £300
Full mint gliptoned leather interior £250
Good condition cat £40
Standard exhaust £40
DVD player £80
infinity speakers £30
Pioneer speakers £30
Sub and amp £50
unfitted new sprint blue rear lip £50
Unused 360 bumper sprint blue £100
grille with pinin badge £30
new horns £10
sparco pedals £20
proper fiat gearknob £20
alloy handbrake cover £10
standard turbo needs refurb £20
20V turbo logo rear brake light £15
New welded manifold from carlt £100
new manifold shield £20
new coolant tank £20
10 litres silkolene PRO 10-40 £50
Red-dot grooved discs and pads all round NEW £100
gasket set £10
top gasket set £5

That's just the main parts off the top of my head, never mind the fiddly little ones, I'll probably just give them away to whoever. I know for a fact I'd sell all that no probs on here. That lot comes to £3065 alone.

I've not made my mind up yet, just considering smile The biggest factor is Carlt, He's the only one that can fix my coop (well motormech, powerfiat etc COULD but I'm not gonna pay £1500!) but I'm having trouble contacting.



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576448
30/03/2008 22:02
30/03/2008 22:02
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Bonnet £100? shocked

What's wrong with it? Bonnets command far higher prices than that Matt smile


[Linked Image]
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576449
30/03/2008 22:03
30/03/2008 22:03
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
Good luck with that! smile

btw, horns are £50 laugh

(are you not going to contribute to running the family car then?)


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: stan] #576450
30/03/2008 22:03
30/03/2008 22:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
It's not a for sale post! it was just a QUICK off the top of my head of what I think I could get!



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576451
30/03/2008 22:05
30/03/2008 22:05

R
racyraz
Unregistered
racyraz
Unregistered
R



ok mate,

I'll have the bonnet,nomad pillar pod, boost gauge then please laugh

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576453
30/03/2008 22:06
30/03/2008 22:06
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I tell you what I reckon there's money to be had in breaking! I could be the next Carlt! ( shocked laugh )

"So feck off you paint-stroking freaks, and no I won't sell for £100 CASH MONEY. retards and plenty of grr grr grr smileys. "


laugh



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576454
30/03/2008 22:07
30/03/2008 22:07
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
if you can be arsed and have the space....definately laugh


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576456
30/03/2008 22:08
30/03/2008 22:08

M
mitch
Unregistered
mitch
Unregistered
M



Ah I didn't realise you had so much upgraded stuff. I would sell a load of that off then sell whats left as a standard car, unless you really want to be taking an engine out and crating it if for posting etc?

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576458
30/03/2008 22:10
30/03/2008 22:10
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
The engine, I'd just say £300 if you come and disconnect, take it away. sound fair? just needs a new phase sensor (included) and you got yourself a healthy 20VT engine for £300! I'm sure I'd find a buyer for that.



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576460
30/03/2008 22:12
30/03/2008 22:12

M
mitch
Unregistered
mitch
Unregistered
M



Not everone want to come to wales to spanner an engine out on someones drive laugh

Good luck tongue

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576463
30/03/2008 22:14
30/03/2008 22:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Well I'll post if they pay postage laugh

Ah fccuk knows, what will come of the smurf.



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576499
30/03/2008 22:49
30/03/2008 22:49

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible.


Bullshit. I was clearing £930 a month with a mortgage last oct and i didnt get rid of mine.

Ross

p.s. do another count matt. Of what all those parts cost you...

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576511
30/03/2008 23:10
30/03/2008 23:10
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
It's been so long I have forgotten what is wrong with it?!


[Linked Image]

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: Flea] #576512
30/03/2008 23:12
30/03/2008 23:12

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



Phase sensor IIRC.

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576656
31/03/2008 01:42
31/03/2008 01:42

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by h2ypr
Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
I'm on £900 a month by the way. Have you ever tried to run a performance car on that money? it's impossible.


Bullshit. I was clearing £930 a month with a mortgage last oct and i didnt get rid of mine.

Ross

p.s. do another count matt. Of what all those parts cost you...


I was on about that much when I got mine. It was hard, so I was forced to do a bit of overtime and work harder to keep it on the road. result: promotions and pay rises laugh

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576704
31/03/2008 02:18
31/03/2008 02:18

C
cheesy
Unregistered
cheesy
Unregistered
C



i'm just in the process of returning mine to standard and then gonna sell the car
I'm more than happy with what i've been able to recoupe so far.
I have the drive to sort it out & borrowed me mums car to run round in

Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: ] #576713
31/03/2008 02:23
31/03/2008 02:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Just noticed on my walk to the shops about the fuel filler cap. Another £30 evil laugh



Coopless!
Re: Disposing of body shells [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #576720
31/03/2008 02:37
31/03/2008 02:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Going to lock this now as I'm getting PM's about selling parts, which I DON'T want at this point.



Coopless!

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7298 MB (Peak: 0.9467 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:08:47 UTC