Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 616 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where do the spiders go? #589915
15/04/2008 19:15
15/04/2008 19:15

G
Guzbod
Unregistered
Guzbod
Unregistered
G



I took my drivers wing mirror apart today to replace the motor mechanism and was astounded not to find any spiders or spiders nests inside the wing mirror. Every day I have a spiders web on my wing mirror so where do they go?
Incidentally, a great How To guide on taking the mirror apart! cool

Re: Where do the spiders go? [Re: ] #589922
15/04/2008 19:20
15/04/2008 19:20

S
sweetride
Unregistered
sweetride
Unregistered
S



I believe im going to have a few giggles from this thread. Ive tried using all sorts of techniques to rid of simon the spider. Ive have learnt to live along side him. I think they can teleport. When you rid of the drivers side, ooo look who's livin in the passanger side grr

Re: Where do the spiders go? [Re: ] #590087
15/04/2008 21:51
15/04/2008 21:51

B
bikenut55
Unregistered
bikenut55
Unregistered
B



Usually I'd laugh but my respect for Simon's all across the country has increased today.

When I washed my car earlier I sprayed the hose pipe into the mirror surround, by the time I had dried and started to polish the web had returned, well the start of web anyway?!?!

Last edited by bikenut55; 15/04/2008 21:55. Reason: too many c's
Re: Where do the spiders go? [Re: ] #590158
15/04/2008 23:10
15/04/2008 23:10
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404
Anglesey N.Wales
cowboy Offline
Forum is my life
cowboy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404
Anglesey N.Wales
did you no that your headlights mist up because of sid,there two little rubber hoses at the back of the lights that were made to house sids


[Linked Image]
Re: Where do the spiders go? [Re: cowboy] #590167
15/04/2008 23:18
15/04/2008 23:18
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Where do the spiders go? [Re: barnacle] #590233
16/04/2008 00:41
16/04/2008 00:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
I know where else they live! Under the car, near the gear linkage. I was swapping mine over, pulled the heat sheild off from the bottom and there was about half a dozen spiders and a couple of nests there. Needless to say they don't live there anymore and they weren't harmed either.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6136 MB (Peak: 0.6703 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 16:47:01 UTC