Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 589 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone got a late 5/6 speed short shift? #604853
04/05/2008 17:25
04/05/2008 17:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 49
chippenham, Wiltshire
Max Offline OP
Discoverer
Max  Offline OP
Discoverer

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 49
chippenham, Wiltshire
I've got my gear linkage out of the gearbox and was wondering if anyone knows how far the balls have to be moved closer to the pivot point as I was thinking of having a go at modifying it myself. Any ideas??


Max


[Linked Image]
Re: Anyone got a late 5/6 speed short shift? [Re: Max] #605380
05/05/2008 14:36
05/05/2008 14:36

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Max
I've got my gear linkage out of the gearbox and was wondering if anyone knows how far the balls have to be moved closer to the pivot point as I was thinking of having a go at modifying it myself. Any ideas??


Max


If you want to move your balls crazy , Ross (H2ypr) is the man to speak to - he knows all about moving people's balls. laugh

Originally Posted by Kenny Everett
All in the best possible taste! shocked

Re: Anyone got a late 5/6 speed short shift? [Re: Max] #605950
06/05/2008 14:17
06/05/2008 14:17

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



I have one - but I did not do the work myself - Ross - come on , this thread has been open for a while and you've yet to post....

Re: Anyone got a late 5/6 speed short shift? [Re: ] #605956
06/05/2008 14:30
06/05/2008 14:30

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



Originally Posted by suba
I have one - but I did not do the work myself - Ross - come on , this thread has been open for a while and you've yet to post....


I've already pm'd max. laugh

In all seriousness, I'm no further forward. Probably have a few more made by the end of next week.

Ross

Re: Anyone got a late 5/6 speed short shift? [Re: ] #607032
07/05/2008 16:40
07/05/2008 16:40
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 49
chippenham, Wiltshire
Max Offline OP
Discoverer
Max  Offline OP
Discoverer

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 49
chippenham, Wiltshire
I did it! It took me 20 minutes once the linkage is off the gearbox.It is easy if you can use a drill, tap an M8 thread and fit a new ball stud available off the net : cool


[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6067 MB (Peak: 0.6589 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 01:58:15 UTC