Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2 Coops? #629058
11/06/2008 18:59
11/06/2008 18:59
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Does anyone have two?

I'm seriously considering getting a 2nd one and to keep it standard, maybe a mint LE. The advantage is I now feel I know the cars really well and could confidently avoid a minger.

I say with the Coop project car atm, I need 2 cars just incase of a modded blow-up.

Am I beeing greedy?

Am I tempting fate thinking I can avoid a minger?

Do you think the Coops would compete for attention and usage like two bickering lovers? You know, in that way Coops do - inventing issues and rattles, or curing them by themsevles.


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: 2 Coops? [Re: Welformed] #629068
11/06/2008 19:12
11/06/2008 19:12

B
boabmc
Unregistered
boabmc
Unregistered
B



why dont you buy a minger for cheap and restore it to its former glory???

may be lot more satisfying smile

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629089
11/06/2008 19:52
11/06/2008 19:52

T
TipoBoy
Unregistered
TipoBoy
Unregistered
T



I can't see the point of having two cars the same. I'd rather buy something like a Lotus Elise as a different fun car.

If you are thinking of buying one to restore to standard why bother? The reason you modded the other one is you weren't happy with some aspect of the standard car.

If you are buying another with better/mint body work to transplant parts into then that's a lot of effort for something that you'll be frightened of driving afterwards.

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629100
11/06/2008 20:02
11/06/2008 20:02
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,069
cjh Offline
I need some sleep
cjh  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,069
i have 2...

a 20v NA - 99 vis RED
a 2000 Plus - Red

I like....



"Storm Brewing" +
Re: 2 Coops? [Re: cjh] #629113
11/06/2008 20:21
11/06/2008 20:21

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E



2 for me too!

20vt le
16vt

Not sure if I'm keeping the 16VT yet, can't make my mind up! confused

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: Welformed] #629158
11/06/2008 21:15
11/06/2008 21:15

M
Mrs_LickyL
Unregistered
Mrs_LickyL
Unregistered
M



we've got 2!

16VT and 20VT. One for modding and one for standard.

Twice as much fun as having 1 but also twice as much money to spend wink

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629165
11/06/2008 21:23
11/06/2008 21:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Yuppies all of ya!

Gimme a spare one evil



Coopless!
Re: 2 Coops? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #629168
11/06/2008 21:29
11/06/2008 21:29

S
spenk2asd
Unregistered
spenk2asd
Unregistered
S



Hmmmmm up until a few weeks ago i had 3 on my drive!!! Now i have a red 16v na and a 20v na. Oh and the over 16v na is stripped and all parts up for grabs! Still tempted every time i see one because it just feels wrong passing by a lovely car for silly money!! Im addicted!! smile

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629171
11/06/2008 21:37
11/06/2008 21:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Just be careful, Spenk. Exposure to too many coupe's can change a man. Last time Carlt was spotted he was walking with a hunchback muttering "my precioussssssss"

laugh



Coopless!
Re: 2 Coops? [Re: Welformed] #629174
11/06/2008 21:38
11/06/2008 21:38

1
124coupe
Unregistered
124coupe
Unregistered
1



I've got 3 coupe's and 2 spiders tongue


Yes alright two of the coupe's are 124 coupe's rolleyes

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #629181
11/06/2008 21:59
11/06/2008 21:59

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Yuppies all of ya!

Gimme a spare one evil


if you can't get yours back on the road, I think you'll struggle getting mine sorted tongue

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629182
11/06/2008 22:01
11/06/2008 22:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
2 Coupes, but one of them's not a Fiat!





Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629232
11/06/2008 23:42
11/06/2008 23:42

E
exgtt
Unregistered
exgtt
Unregistered
E



Originally Posted by eldinho
2 for me too!

20vt le
16vt

Not sure if I'm keeping the 16VT yet, can't make my mind up! confused


How do they compaire?

Is the 16v more savage?

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629242
11/06/2008 23:54
11/06/2008 23:54

S
Scooby
Unregistered
Scooby
Unregistered
S



We've got 20v VIS and a 20VT+ smile

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629254
12/06/2008 00:04
12/06/2008 00:04
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
2 Coops. Sounds like 2-scoops. Anyone remember him? laugh

Anyway, what's the mpg like on the NA's?

btw, I've got a coop and about 6 spiders, sadly the ones with legs and living in the wing mirrors. It's not a chicken coop it's a spider coop. Spider coop, spider coop...

Can you tell I've just come back from the pub? laugh


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: 2 Coops? [Re: Welformed] #629269
12/06/2008 00:16
12/06/2008 00:16

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



MPG no better than turbo under same driving circumstances

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: Welformed] #629407
12/06/2008 10:38
12/06/2008 10:38

S
simonj
Unregistered
simonj
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by Welformed
2 Coops. Sounds like 2-scoops. Anyone remember him? laugh


American Gladiators contestant - came over here when the US took on the UK?

Re: 2 Coops? [Re: ] #629423
12/06/2008 10:52
12/06/2008 10:52

M
m4tty1
Unregistered
m4tty1
Unregistered
M



2 here

16VT - Standard
20VT - Currently at Motor-Mech having some magic worked.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6597 MB (Peak: 0.7943 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:24:57 UTC