|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Wheel dilema
#674107
04/09/2008 18:28
04/09/2008 18:28
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Grr why is it so hard to be different? Oh yeah, this world only caters for averages.  Azev A's or C's 8x17 = 225/45 tyres. Or Azev M's 7.5x17 = 215/45 tyres. A's/C's look better but are going to compromise straightline speed and acceleration. M's will come with a rim that will keep the face of the wheel safe from curbs, but look less exciting, imo. What would you do? Safe and fast or looks?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674112
04/09/2008 18:34
04/09/2008 18:34
|
coupecraig
Unregistered
|
coupecraig
Unregistered
|
Standard, with a 225/45-16 Toyo T1-S.
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: ]
#674122
04/09/2008 18:52
04/09/2008 18:52
|
luke
Unregistered
|
luke
Unregistered
|
oz record wheels with toyo t1 R's 
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: ]
#674128
04/09/2008 19:03
04/09/2008 19:03
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Last thing I want to do is copy you Luke! Imagine the abuse I'd be in for? (I thought you had type M's as well, so had to check a pic of you car before considering them  ) My current wheels are as light as you can get, with 205/40's. Whatever I get they're going to be heavier, wider with a larger circumference. I'm going to add a full second onto my 1/4 mile time.  MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front.  I think I'm going to cry...
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674131
04/09/2008 19:06
04/09/2008 19:06
|
luke
Unregistered
|
luke
Unregistered
|
just fromur wheels being heavier?? 1 second? didnt realise there was that much in it .
you could always shed the extra weight u gain by new wheels by maybe taking back seats out ??? lol
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: ]
#674138
04/09/2008 19:23
04/09/2008 19:23
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
An estimate. It's worse than that in my mind. When I put my current Pro Race 1's on I lobbed 0.5 secs off my 40-100 in 3rd gear test, just from 0.2" smaller circumference and 7.8Kg weight saving over standard. I reckon Azev A's (first choice purely because I know of no other Coop that has them) will be at least 0.5Kg heavier per wheel. I need someone like barnacle to do the Maths for me. 
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674176
04/09/2008 20:27
04/09/2008 20:27
|
coupecraig
Unregistered
|
coupecraig
Unregistered
|
If it's light wheels you want, why not look into Compomotives?
Or OZ Superleggera's?
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674347
05/09/2008 08:35
05/09/2008 08:35
|
jtm
Unregistered
|
jtm
Unregistered
|
how did you measured that 0.5second ? with some g-tech or just by looking your board and using clock ? if you chance your tires "smaller", ( not only by size ) doesnt your speedo show already little wrong ( too much ? ) if its measured by g-tech, I believe. example : I have g-tech pro RR and I have used that to measure my cars power/ torque. funny thing is that it always show me + - 5kw same as the real dyno ! good to measure, when do some little chances and want to know the difference.
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674532
05/09/2008 12:29
05/09/2008 12:29
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
I reckon Azev A's (first choice purely because I know of no other Coop that has them) will be at least 0.5Kg heavier per wheel. Errr wrong! Have had them on now for over 3 years  Im not alone too a few others have them on now.
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: ]
#674568
05/09/2008 13:08
05/09/2008 13:08
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Oh right. Ah well, they won;t be the same colour.  Are they 17"s? And how much to they weigh?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674662
05/09/2008 14:39
05/09/2008 14:39
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Dont know how much they weigh but alot heavier than standard. They are 17's.
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674695
05/09/2008 15:15
05/09/2008 15:15
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252 Oldham, Manchester
stuart81
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
|
MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front.  I think I'm going to cry... What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago.
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: ]
#674734
05/09/2008 15:48
05/09/2008 15:48
|
sprintsteve
Unregistered
|
sprintsteve
Unregistered
|
oz record wheels with toyo t1 R's any pics luke ?
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: stuart81]
#674747
05/09/2008 16:03
05/09/2008 16:03
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front.  I think I'm going to cry... What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago. Interesting. TD wanted to charge me a silly price. I'd need to get them painted too. www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: Welformed]
#674837
05/09/2008 17:52
05/09/2008 17:52
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252 Oldham, Manchester
stuart81
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
|
MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front.  I think I'm going to cry... What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago. Interesting. TD wanted to charge me a silly price. I'd need to get them painted too. www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/? Yeah thats the place. I can't remember the name of the guy I spoke to though. I had to pay ~£180 for the 1 wheel
|
|
|
Re: Wheel dilema
[Re: stuart81]
#675052
06/09/2008 01:08
06/09/2008 01:08
|
sparkyman
Unregistered
|
sparkyman
Unregistered
|
Different would be type A in 18",you would have to shave the brembos to have them fitted.
|
|
|
|