Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wheel dilema #674107
04/09/2008 18:28
04/09/2008 18:28
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Grr why is it so hard to be different? Oh yeah, this world only caters for averages. frown

Azev A's or C's 8x17 = 225/45 tyres.

Or

Azev M's 7.5x17 = 215/45 tyres.

A's/C's look better but are going to compromise straightline speed and acceleration. M's will come with a rim that will keep the face of the wheel safe from curbs, but look less exciting, imo.

What would you do? Safe and fast or looks?


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674112
04/09/2008 18:34
04/09/2008 18:34

C
coupecraig
Unregistered
coupecraig
Unregistered
C



Standard, with a 225/45-16 Toyo T1-S.

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: ] #674122
04/09/2008 18:52
04/09/2008 18:52

L
luke
Unregistered
luke
Unregistered
L



oz record wheels with toyo t1 R's tongue

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: ] #674128
04/09/2008 19:03
04/09/2008 19:03
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Last thing I want to do is copy you Luke! Imagine the abuse I'd be in for? (I thought you had type M's as well, so had to check a pic of you car before considering them tongue )

My current wheels are as light as you can get, with 205/40's. Whatever I get they're going to be heavier, wider with a larger circumference. I'm going to add a full second onto my 1/4 mile time. frown

MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front. frown

I think I'm going to cry...


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674131
04/09/2008 19:06
04/09/2008 19:06

L
luke
Unregistered
luke
Unregistered
L



just fromur wheels being heavier?? 1 second? didnt realise there was that much in it .

you could always shed the extra weight u gain by new wheels by maybe taking back seats out ??? lol

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: ] #674138
04/09/2008 19:23
04/09/2008 19:23
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
An estimate. It's worse than that in my mind. frown

When I put my current Pro Race 1's on I lobbed 0.5 secs off my 40-100 in 3rd gear test, just from 0.2" smaller circumference and 7.8Kg weight saving over standard.

I reckon Azev A's (first choice purely because I know of no other Coop that has them) will be at least 0.5Kg heavier per wheel.

I need someone like barnacle to do the Maths for me.

frown


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674176
04/09/2008 20:27
04/09/2008 20:27

C
coupecraig
Unregistered
coupecraig
Unregistered
C



If it's light wheels you want, why not look into Compomotives?

Or OZ Superleggera's?

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674347
05/09/2008 08:35
05/09/2008 08:35

J
jtm
Unregistered
jtm
Unregistered
J



how did you measured that 0.5second ?
with some g-tech or just by looking your board and using clock ?
if you chance your tires "smaller", ( not only by size ) doesnt your speedo show already little wrong ( too much ? )
if its measured by g-tech, I believe.
example : I have g-tech pro RR and I have used that to measure my cars power/ torque. funny thing is that it always show me
+ - 5kw same as the real dyno ! good to measure, when do some little chances and want to know the difference.

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674532
05/09/2008 12:29
05/09/2008 12:29

K
Kevin
Unregistered
Kevin
Unregistered
K



Originally Posted by Welformed



I reckon Azev A's (first choice purely because I know of no other Coop that has them) will be at least 0.5Kg heavier per wheel.

frown


Errr wrong! Have had them on now for over 3 years wink Im not alone too a few others have them on now.

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: ] #674568
05/09/2008 13:08
05/09/2008 13:08
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Oh right. Ah well, they won;t be the same colour. wink

Are they 17"s? And how much to they weigh?


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674662
05/09/2008 14:39
05/09/2008 14:39

K
Kevin
Unregistered
Kevin
Unregistered
K



Dont know how much they weigh but alot heavier than standard. They are 17's.

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674695
05/09/2008 15:15
05/09/2008 15:15
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
stuart81 Offline
Making a profit
stuart81  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
Originally Posted by Welformed


MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front. frown

I think I'm going to cry...


What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago.


Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674714
05/09/2008 15:30
05/09/2008 15:30
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by Welformed

My current wheels are as light as you can get, with 205/40's. Whatever I get they're going to be heavier, wider with a larger circumference. I'm going to add a full second onto my 1/4 mile time. frown


You could always tilt your seat back to make up for it WF! laugh


F****** b****** thing...
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: ] #674734
05/09/2008 15:48
05/09/2008 15:48

S
sprintsteve
Unregistered
sprintsteve
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by luke
oz record wheels with toyo t1 R's tongue


any pics luke ?

Re: Wheel dilema [Re: stuart81] #674747
05/09/2008 16:03
05/09/2008 16:03
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Originally Posted by stuart81
Originally Posted by Welformed


MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front. frown

I think I'm going to cry...


What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago.


Interesting. TD wanted to charge me a silly price. I'd need to get them painted too.


www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/?


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674750
05/09/2008 16:09
05/09/2008 16:09
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Ooooh £1660 for a set of Magnesium wheels... someone hold me down!


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Wheel dilema [Re: Welformed] #674837
05/09/2008 17:52
05/09/2008 17:52
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
stuart81 Offline
Making a profit
stuart81  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 252
Oldham, Manchester
Originally Posted by Welformed
Originally Posted by stuart81
Originally Posted by Welformed


MK council has a lot to answer for for cracking my irreplaceable left front. frown

I think I'm going to cry...


What wheels do you have? Pro Race 1's? I know they no longer make them but I was able to source a replacement wheel through balance motorsport when I got a crack in one of mine. That was about 6 months ago.


Interesting. TD wanted to charge me a silly price. I'd need to get them painted too.


www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/?


Yeah thats the place. I can't remember the name of the guy I spoke to though. I had to pay ~£180 for the 1 wheel


Re: Wheel dilema [Re: stuart81] #675052
06/09/2008 01:08
06/09/2008 01:08

S
sparkyman
Unregistered
sparkyman
Unregistered
S



Different would be type A in 18",you would have to shave the brembos to have them fitted.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6687 MB (Peak: 0.8065 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:28:21 UTC