Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 538 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I would like to make a controversial statement... #766103
05/02/2009 23:59
05/02/2009 23:59

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.

Discuss.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766105
06/02/2009 00:01
06/02/2009 00:01

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I prefer Lamborghini's actually.

coffee

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766107
06/02/2009 00:03
06/02/2009 00:03

M
MattM
Unregistered
MattM
Unregistered
M



I reckon 90% of the population would like to own a ferrari

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766112
06/02/2009 00:08
06/02/2009 00:08

A
AlistairM
Unregistered
AlistairM
Unregistered
A



I would also rather have a Lambo than a Ferrari, or that Alfa Romeo 8c thing tis very pretty and I don't care about it not being very good. I like Italian cars, I havn't seen a Maserati i've liked yet though.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766117
06/02/2009 00:10
06/02/2009 00:10

L
luke
Unregistered
luke
Unregistered
L



what a silly statement. . . deep down anyone that doesnt already own one or owns a buggati veyron, lambo, aston, all other super cars etc would like to own a ferrari. wether everyone would buy a ferrari if they had ferrari money is different question.

bit like you always want what you cant have. . . but if i had the money id have lambo, aston martin before i even went to the ferrari garage.



Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766118
06/02/2009 00:10
06/02/2009 00:10

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I think the implication is that everyone who bought the Coupe did so for the same reasons that a rich person would buy a Ferrari. I certainly did. laugh

Actually on second thoughts, some people buy a Ferrari because it looks amazing, sounds amazing and is incredible to drive, and some buy a Ferrari purely for the status or whatever, it means nothing to them.

The former for me, without a doubt cool

Last edited by MattW; 06/02/2009 00:13.
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766120
06/02/2009 00:12
06/02/2009 00:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Ferrari sick
Aston love

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766122
06/02/2009 00:14
06/02/2009 00:14

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



If you own a coupe then you must like Italian cars, if you like Italian cars then what's the car higher up the food chain....Alfa GTA, then Fezza or Lambo. wink

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766123
06/02/2009 00:15
06/02/2009 00:15

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I'd rather have another 10 year old Coupe than a brand new Alfa GTA tongue

I think next up the chain is a Maserati or something, I'd put an Alfa kind of alongside it.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766124
06/02/2009 00:16
06/02/2009 00:16

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Old Ferrari yes, new one never (well apart from the California love )

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: bockers] #766127
06/02/2009 00:20
06/02/2009 00:20

N
nrenz123
Unregistered
nrenz123
Unregistered
N



I'm sure there are a lot of cars people would like to own, i know i will never own a Ferrari unless i win the lottery. Its very esy to say oh this is the car i would have if i won the lottery, but once you have the money im sure the decision would become very difficult indeed.

I'd love a Gallardo or a DB9, but more realistically i'd settle for a Noble M12 GTO.

This car is stunning mind and a ferrari wink

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/nrenz123/picture1zs2.png

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766129
06/02/2009 00:25
06/02/2009 00:25

L
luke
Unregistered
luke
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by MattW
I think the implication is that everyone who bought the Coupe did so for the same reasons that a rich person would buy a Ferrari. I certainly did. laugh
Originally Posted by suba
If you own a coupe then you must like Italian cars, if you like Italian cars then what's the car higher up the food chain....



yeah so its obvious if we had the money for any italian car we probably would not of chosen the coupe over the ferrari/lambo for obvious reasons. . . . .

we would all love to live in big detached house's with swimming pool sauna hot tub etc but we cant so we have to settle with 3/4 bedroom semi detached with a conservatory cos didnt have £300/500.000 to spend at the time of taking out a mortgage. . .


wink thumb

Last edited by luke; 06/02/2009 00:26. Reason: cant spell
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766166
06/02/2009 01:15
06/02/2009 01:15
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
Well its just past my birthday,so i am happy to still be around.As for the question of Ferrari or coupe.Easy really i have a coupe so i am happy,i got the pool,and the life.I have worked hard for it,and good luck to everyone who wants more.I am happy for the mo with my coupe.



Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766167
06/02/2009 01:16
06/02/2009 01:16

S
Spee
Unregistered
Spee
Unregistered
S



Without a doubt my favourite car of all time is the Ferrari 308 GTS, but I didn't buy my coops because of this! I've owned dozens of Italian cars, some semi exotic (Integrale) and some ordinary (Uno 45 Start/127 GT) I love Italian cars, always have, always will.

If I could afford to own (and run) a Ferrari, I'd have one. It's not the buying though, it's the running and the fact that so many jobs on them cost mega money to be done properly. However, I could spend hours compiling a list and then putting it in order, of all the the cars I'd like to own, not all of them italian, but headed for sure by my childhood dream car, the 308 GTS

So yes, I am a wanabe Ferrari owner, but it's NOT why I own a Coop.

Gareth

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766183
06/02/2009 01:39
06/02/2009 01:39
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Although I like Ferrari's, I bought the Fiat Coupe because I like the Fiat Coupe, not because I want a Ferrari smile

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766186
06/02/2009 01:40
06/02/2009 01:40

J
JIM16vt
Unregistered
JIM16vt
Unregistered
J



i didnt no the coupe had any link to Ferrari until id bought it and done further research on the net.
mever have my coupe badged Ferrari tho[lol] biglaugh

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Theresa] #766187
06/02/2009 01:41
06/02/2009 01:41

J
JIM16vt
Unregistered
JIM16vt
Unregistered
J



i bought my coupe cuz i loved them since i first seen them and another reason is you dont see many about.[unlike scoobys and civic type rs ]

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766200
06/02/2009 02:12
06/02/2009 02:12
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
D
Danhgt Offline
Enjoying the ride
Danhgt  Offline
Enjoying the ride
D

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
So with that logic, Corrado owners are Bugatti wannabes smile

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Danhgt] #766204
06/02/2009 02:17
06/02/2009 02:17

O
owl10
Unregistered
owl10
Unregistered
O



and tata owners?

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766209
06/02/2009 02:38
06/02/2009 02:38
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
D
Danhgt Offline
Enjoying the ride
Danhgt  Offline
Enjoying the ride
D

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
Was it Jaguar or Land rover they brought?

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Danhgt] #766230
06/02/2009 07:46
06/02/2009 07:46
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,194
Göteborg, Sweden
Freddan72 Offline
Competition Level
Freddan72  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,194
Göteborg, Sweden
I say. First Fiat, then Saab Or Volvo, then Ferrari and at last a hearse (hopefully a nice and soft Cadillac).


Coupé Fiat 20V Turbo Plus 1999, T19 Mitsubishi turbo
https://youtu.be/O9qrLj3Ap00 Now FCP Stage3!
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Theresa] #766236
06/02/2009 08:22
06/02/2009 08:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76 Offline
Forum is my job
Baz76  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Originally Posted by Theresa
Although I like Ferrari's, I bought the Fiat Coupe because I like the Fiat Coupe, not because I want a Ferrari smile


Same here cool ,in fact if I won the lottery i`d probably buy a load more Coops to store and play about with laugh .

Baz smile


[Linked Image]
Project LE+
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766241
06/02/2009 08:55
06/02/2009 08:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Originally Posted by JKD
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.

Discuss.


Wrong.

Next?





Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766243
06/02/2009 09:00
06/02/2009 09:00

J
Jonny
Unregistered
Jonny
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by JKD
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.

Discuss.


I'm going to buy a Ferrari. Oh I don't have the money, I'll buy a Fiat crazy

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766251
06/02/2009 09:18
06/02/2009 09:18

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by MattW
I prefer Lamborghini's actually.

coffee


agreed....... love

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766255
06/02/2009 09:23
06/02/2009 09:23
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 358
Slovenia
Mrzly_slo Offline
Making a profit
Mrzly_slo  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 358
Slovenia
I'd rather have Ariel Atom 300BHP with all accessories...
I' cheaper than a ferrari , more fun, and faster thumb

But just for Sundays laugh

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766259
06/02/2009 09:26
06/02/2009 09:26

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I know the Coupe has a more similar profile to some Ferraris (and Fiat own them), but the OTT melodramatic styling of the Coupe is more Lambo-like than Ferrari, IMHO. tongue

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766288
06/02/2009 10:01
06/02/2009 10:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
I haven't really liked a ferrari since the 328. I'd *like* a 308 gtb or a fiat dino, but so what? I don't like either enough to spend the money on one.


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: barnacle] #766309
06/02/2009 10:25
06/02/2009 10:25

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



F40 - enough said, and Yes Shabba, I know that you've been in one. evil

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766330
06/02/2009 10:58
06/02/2009 10:58

V
veggy
Unregistered
veggy
Unregistered
V



Deep down all non-turbo owners want a turbo - discuss. I do. I've never been in a turbo. When I get a terminal disease I'm going to ask if some kind soul will give me a ride in one

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 15 (0.011s) Memory: 0.7180 MB (Peak: 0.9302 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 04:35:18 UTC