|
0 registered members (),
1,196
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
I would like to make a controversial statement...
#766103
05/02/2009 23:59
05/02/2009 23:59
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.
Discuss.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766105
06/02/2009 00:01
06/02/2009 00:01
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I prefer Lamborghini's actually. 
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766107
06/02/2009 00:03
06/02/2009 00:03
|
MattM
Unregistered
|
MattM
Unregistered
|
I reckon 90% of the population would like to own a ferrari
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766112
06/02/2009 00:08
06/02/2009 00:08
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
I would also rather have a Lambo than a Ferrari, or that Alfa Romeo 8c thing tis very pretty and I don't care about it not being very good. I like Italian cars, I havn't seen a Maserati i've liked yet though.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766117
06/02/2009 00:10
06/02/2009 00:10
|
luke
Unregistered
|
luke
Unregistered
|
what a silly statement. . . deep down anyone that doesnt already own one or owns a buggati veyron, lambo, aston, all other super cars etc would like to own a ferrari. wether everyone would buy a ferrari if they had ferrari money is different question.
bit like you always want what you cant have. . . but if i had the money id have lambo, aston martin before i even went to the ferrari garage.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766118
06/02/2009 00:10
06/02/2009 00:10
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I think the implication is that everyone who bought the Coupe did so for the same reasons that a rich person would buy a Ferrari. I certainly did.  Actually on second thoughts, some people buy a Ferrari because it looks amazing, sounds amazing and is incredible to drive, and some buy a Ferrari purely for the status or whatever, it means nothing to them. The former for me, without a doubt 
Last edited by MattW; 06/02/2009 00:13.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766122
06/02/2009 00:14
06/02/2009 00:14
|
suba
Unregistered
|
suba
Unregistered
|
If you own a coupe then you must like Italian cars, if you like Italian cars then what's the car higher up the food chain....Alfa GTA, then Fezza or Lambo.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766123
06/02/2009 00:15
06/02/2009 00:15
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I'd rather have another 10 year old Coupe than a brand new Alfa GTA  I think next up the chain is a Maserati or something, I'd put an Alfa kind of alongside it.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766124
06/02/2009 00:16
06/02/2009 00:16
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Old Ferrari yes, new one never (well apart from the California  )
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: bockers]
#766127
06/02/2009 00:20
06/02/2009 00:20
|
nrenz123
Unregistered
|
nrenz123
Unregistered
|
I'm sure there are a lot of cars people would like to own, i know i will never own a Ferrari unless i win the lottery. Its very esy to say oh this is the car i would have if i won the lottery, but once you have the money im sure the decision would become very difficult indeed. I'd love a Gallardo or a DB9, but more realistically i'd settle for a Noble M12 GTO. This car is stunning mind and a ferrari http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/nrenz123/picture1zs2.png
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766129
06/02/2009 00:25
06/02/2009 00:25
|
luke
Unregistered
|
luke
Unregistered
|
I think the implication is that everyone who bought the Coupe did so for the same reasons that a rich person would buy a Ferrari. I certainly did. If you own a coupe then you must like Italian cars, if you like Italian cars then what's the car higher up the food chain.... yeah so its obvious if we had the money for any italian car we probably would not of chosen the coupe over the ferrari/lambo for obvious reasons. . . . . we would all love to live in big detached house's with swimming pool sauna hot tub etc but we cant so we have to settle with 3/4 bedroom semi detached with a conservatory cos didnt have £300/500.000 to spend at the time of taking out a mortgage. . . 
Last edited by luke; 06/02/2009 00:26. Reason: cant spell
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766166
06/02/2009 01:15
06/02/2009 01:15
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
Well its just past my birthday,so i am happy to still be around.As for the question of Ferrari or coupe.Easy really i have a coupe so i am happy,i got the pool,and the life.I have worked hard for it,and good luck to everyone who wants more.I am happy for the mo with my coupe.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766167
06/02/2009 01:16
06/02/2009 01:16
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
Without a doubt my favourite car of all time is the Ferrari 308 GTS, but I didn't buy my coops because of this! I've owned dozens of Italian cars, some semi exotic (Integrale) and some ordinary (Uno 45 Start/127 GT) I love Italian cars, always have, always will.
If I could afford to own (and run) a Ferrari, I'd have one. It's not the buying though, it's the running and the fact that so many jobs on them cost mega money to be done properly. However, I could spend hours compiling a list and then putting it in order, of all the the cars I'd like to own, not all of them italian, but headed for sure by my childhood dream car, the 308 GTS
So yes, I am a wanabe Ferrari owner, but it's NOT why I own a Coop.
Gareth
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766186
06/02/2009 01:40
06/02/2009 01:40
|
JIM16vt
Unregistered
|
JIM16vt
Unregistered
|
i didnt no the coupe had any link to Ferrari until id bought it and done further research on the net. mever have my coupe badged Ferrari tho[lol] 
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: Theresa]
#766187
06/02/2009 01:41
06/02/2009 01:41
|
JIM16vt
Unregistered
|
JIM16vt
Unregistered
|
i bought my coupe cuz i loved them since i first seen them and another reason is you dont see many about.[unlike scoobys and civic type rs ]
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: Danhgt]
#766204
06/02/2009 02:17
06/02/2009 02:17
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: Theresa]
#766236
06/02/2009 08:22
06/02/2009 08:22
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080 Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
|
Although I like Ferrari's, I bought the Fiat Coupe because I like the Fiat Coupe, not because I want a Ferrari Same here  ,in fact if I won the lottery i`d probably buy a load more Coops to store and play about with  . Baz 
![[Linked Image]](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/zero_2976/Coupe%20related/2.jpg) Project LE+
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766241
06/02/2009 08:55
06/02/2009 08:55
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478 Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
|
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.
Discuss. Wrong. Next?
Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement
[Re: ]
#766243
06/02/2009 09:00
06/02/2009 09:00
|
Jonny
Unregistered
|
Jonny
Unregistered
|
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.
Discuss. I'm going to buy a Ferrari. Oh I don't have the money, I'll buy a Fiat
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766251
06/02/2009 09:18
06/02/2009 09:18
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
I prefer Lamborghini's actually. agreed....... 
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: ]
#766259
06/02/2009 09:26
06/02/2009 09:26
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I know the Coupe has a more similar profile to some Ferraris (and Fiat own them), but the OTT melodramatic styling of the Coupe is more Lambo-like than Ferrari, IMHO. 
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement...
[Re: barnacle]
#766309
06/02/2009 10:25
06/02/2009 10:25
|
suba
Unregistered
|
suba
Unregistered
|
F40 - enough said, and Yes Shabba, I know that you've been in one.
|
|
|
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement
[Re: ]
#766330
06/02/2009 10:58
06/02/2009 10:58
|
veggy
Unregistered
|
veggy
Unregistered
|
Deep down all non-turbo owners want a turbo - discuss. I do. I've never been in a turbo. When I get a terminal disease I'm going to ask if some kind soul will give me a ride in one
|
|
|
|