Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
help needed with Meta alarm #799108
22/03/2009 20:14
22/03/2009 20:14
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
C
cyborg7 Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
cyborg7  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
C

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
I'm having a problem with the meta alarm on the coupe I've just purchased. I think that I've accidentally overridden it using the key instead of the fob. Both fobs worked at first (i.e. flashed the indicators and appeared to arm it albeit I've never heard the alarm go off), but now appear to have stopped doing anything. I've changed batteries etc. but to no avail.
The red LED light on the dash (3rd button on the right of the centre console) is now on permanently (I'm almost sure that it wasn't before, but not 100%).

I've tried various combinations of locking unlocking etc.

Its not a major problem as the alarm isn't going off and car starts fine etc - its just I'm paranoid that its less secure and someones going to pinch my beautiful coupe that after only 1 week I'm in love with.

Not sure if there is any way to reset - maybe take out the fuse. Any suggestions gratefuly received.

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: cyborg7] #800303
24/03/2009 18:34
24/03/2009 18:34

T
Tom_Faggio
Unregistered
Tom_Faggio
Unregistered
T



Your alarm system doesn't immobilise your car mate, it's the code in the Key that allows it to start so don't worry too much about the car being driven off.

I had this problem with my car and in the end I gave up trying to fix it and just spent 300 quid on a toad Alarm/Immobiliser.

Sorry I can't help

Tom

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: ] #800440
24/03/2009 22:17
24/03/2009 22:17
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
C
cyborg7 Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
cyborg7  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
C

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
Thanks Tom. After scouring the forum I think this might be the best bet. Reassuring that at least its immobilised to some extent. Thanks for your help.

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: cyborg7] #800478
24/03/2009 22:44
24/03/2009 22:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
The meta alarm, like all alarms is next to useless. The Fiat imobiliser system is on the other hand very good.

What does an alarm do anyway other than annoy neighbours and tell you it was too late!

Just get rid of the siren

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: bockers] #800595
25/03/2009 00:02
25/03/2009 00:02

T
the_mule
Unregistered
the_mule
Unregistered
T



Originally Posted by bockers
The meta alarm, like all alarms is next to useless. The Fiat imobiliser system is on the other hand very good.

What does an alarm do anyway other than annoy neighbours and tell you it was too late!


What does an alarm do anyway?
Bockers I no the answer to this
Mmm let me think,
works central locking, controls window motion at the touch of a button, opens boot, doors, operates actuators, starts car, give you an option of controlling your cars functions from right round the world via gps, can track your car, open your garage doors and close them takes pictures and videos of inside your car and surrounding areas, lets you track it via your pc or mobile, also upgrades your standard fiat cat 2 immobilizer to a cat 1 money off insurance, oh yea and offers additional security
just to name but a few, laugh
am I right am I right lol

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: ] #800683
25/03/2009 08:56
25/03/2009 08:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
and cause noise pollution. and wake me up at 3 am 4 nights in a row (not my alarm I add, which is thankfully silent).

IMHO they are just useless, if someone wants something they can see in your car they will take it, alarm or no alarm.

As for the other non noisy related items then I agree they are useful. A silent alarm that can do all that is just perfect laugh

Re: help needed with Meta alarm [Re: bockers] #801123
25/03/2009 18:04
25/03/2009 18:04
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
They are just a total nuisance really, even if a car alarm does go off nobody pays attention at all as they're so used to alarms going off usually just because of the wind or a fault on the alarm, no-one pays attention, just disconnect it like i did with mine, it used to go off at 2/3am every morning for a week and a half before i had enough and had it dismantled smile


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.021s Queries: 14 (0.014s) Memory: 0.6228 MB (Peak: 0.7024 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:55:01 UTC