|
1 registered members (Daan),
258
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,031
Members1,657
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ikon]
#824638
02/05/2009 14:22
02/05/2009 14:22
|
pfoe
Unregistered
|
pfoe
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#824696
02/05/2009 17:05
02/05/2009 17:05
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
i suspect some might baulk at the price for a p reg car. my view is, this has been done to the highest standard with the best parts available by a bloke who doesn't just do things properly, but beyond the call of duty. yellow cars don't do "it" for me as i'm a bit old to be that lairy, but it's another stunning example of excellent workmanship, and i for one will be slightly envious of the lucky future owner of this....
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#824753
02/05/2009 19:14
02/05/2009 19:14
|
Goonv8
Unregistered
|
Goonv8
Unregistered
|
I love the roof, I think I'm going to do the same with my white respray
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#824822
02/05/2009 21:22
02/05/2009 21:22
|
Willos
Unregistered
|
Willos
Unregistered
|
Nice car and I'm sure someone will snap it up. Believe me when I say I've seen some dogs 5 years yonger than this car. A car with everything done is worth far more than a late dog. Just price a respray up and get your car mechanically sound and this will look like a bargain. Its like buying a new car for little money. Long live the Coupe
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#824840
02/05/2009 21:54
02/05/2009 21:54
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671 Newport,south wales
Benny
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671
Newport,south wales
|
Nice colour there Joe  You never know how these things are going to look like till you actually do it  Ben
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: Benny]
#824935
03/05/2009 08:10
03/05/2009 08:10
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
I've seen this car a few times now and it has been to finished to a very high standard  , fantastic looking car. 
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#824998
03/05/2009 12:01
03/05/2009 12:01
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
having (as so many people have!) seen this one in the flesh, The photos just don't do this justis, the car is simply stunning. If i had the money, i wouldn't hesitate in handing it over for this. as some one has already said, your not going to get much change out of 4k once you have done the work joe has already done to this!
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#825038
03/05/2009 14:00
03/05/2009 14:00
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
nice work joe.
still not a fan of two tone on coupe's TBH, although i think the cut off on the c pillar is a lot better and 'natural' than other attempts we've seen.
Last edited by owl10; 03/05/2009 16:31.
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#825047
03/05/2009 14:34
03/05/2009 14:34
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310 FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising
Club member 914
|
Club member 914
Forum veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
|
Cheers for the thread Stan, as you say keeps the for sale thread clear of waffle  Thanks for the comments guys  I knew the colour scheme wouldn't of been to every bodies taste but I can't help doing something different, she's been a labour of love but her history and finish standard is  More refurbished coupes to come as I'll be starting on the LE very soon, but before that I've Phil's Sprint Blue to get finished.
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: Countrycruising]
#825055
03/05/2009 15:11
03/05/2009 15:11
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I've always thought that all Coupes should have a shiny black finish on the B-pillars like that one, it looks so good. 
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: Countrycruising]
#826341
05/05/2009 21:56
05/05/2009 21:56
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
WANT WANT WANT! anyone know where i could sell a kidney?
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826358
05/05/2009 22:12
05/05/2009 22:12
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826359
05/05/2009 22:12
05/05/2009 22:12
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
have to say this coupe is pretty stunning!!! well done Joe!!
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826389
05/05/2009 22:42
05/05/2009 22:42
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446 Essex
evo_number_one
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
|
Have to say that I was not a fan of the red one that was shown on here recently, but Joe that does look very nice. It catching...... Look at images 0776 and 002 on this page I think the big difference is that you've got that C pillar line spot on Joe - and the return under the rear side windows really suits it 
 105
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: evo_number_one]
#826421
05/05/2009 23:33
05/05/2009 23:33
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
finish looks fantastic. Love how it lifts the rear arches but (in the pics at least) it seems to lose the overall lines of the car. Obviously as Sam states the pics dont do it justice that perception may well simply be down to the pics.
BTW what can you do to mine for £2500 lol
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826433
05/05/2009 23:47
05/05/2009 23:47
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
Actually having looked at the pics on the for sale thread I take that previous post back. Well partially, as it adds some lovely curves that dont stand out on your average coop. I love the (what I'd call) boat tail look to the base of the rear window to name just one. A line that just goes unnoticed on a standard coop. I'd like to see it in the flesh and I wouldn't even insist there be a beer tent, nightclub and loose moralled women present either!
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826438
06/05/2009 00:11
06/05/2009 00:11
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310 FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising
Club member 914
|
Club member 914
Forum veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
|
The correct line across the C pillar was the key, I'd seen a few pictures of that two tone coupe in Evo's post, I think it's the same coupe printed on the Italian April calendar page. If it's not right the line lifts over the rear quarter radius, and at that point there's a double curve, one on the C pillar itself and the other slightly lower on the quarter. When I taped these up I started at 6am in the morning and was finally happy with the line around 11am, my paint guy was tapping his foot waiting to spray the roof and a couple of times I nearly folded and said sod it spray the whole car yellow  But I just couldn't walk away, I knew how I wanted the car to look and persistence prevailed  Also I'm not sure if it's that visible but the black also runs along the top of the door panel edges, I think this is the first time this has been done as all the others I've seen with this style finish end at the rear quarter window.
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: Countrycruising]
#826620
06/05/2009 11:09
06/05/2009 11:09
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
I think all that time masking was well worth it, it looks spot on, the B pillars look great in gloss black too!!
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#826677
06/05/2009 11:51
06/05/2009 11:51
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
I think it looks great too. I noticed the lines and tops of the doors painted black - must have been tricky with the tape. I need my roof/entire car spraying....  The Bogey Bee! 
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: stan]
#826973
06/05/2009 18:44
06/05/2009 18:44
|
suba
Unregistered
|
suba
Unregistered
|
Looks awesome Joe - very good job. Best of luck finding a buyer that appreciates it.
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#827023
06/05/2009 20:00
06/05/2009 20:00
|
weebo
Unregistered
|
weebo
Unregistered
|
that has to be the nicest coupe i have ever seen some one is going to be a lucky person when they take that off hands
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#827175
06/05/2009 23:30
06/05/2009 23:30
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
Those pics don't do the car justice it's even better in the flesh.
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: ]
#827179
06/05/2009 23:44
06/05/2009 23:44
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310 FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising
Club member 914
|
Club member 914
Forum veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
|
That's quite a statement Webbo, or you don't see many coupes around Edinburgh  either way thankyou  Yes I've been trying to get some new pictures as the camera phone pics loose loads of detail. The shine of the paint plays with the digital software so I'm going old school tomorrow and using my 35mm SLR. Blimey I'll have to take the film to get it developed  I haven't done that in years
|
|
|
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread
[Re: Countrycruising]
#827361
07/05/2009 12:56
07/05/2009 12:56
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
well I was talking to cowboy last night and we discussed that if my speed pink roof won't come back to red it might end up black!!! you may have a visitor Joe!!
|
|
|
|