Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DaddyB, speedy_gonzales), 344 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,033
Members1,658
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,885
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Bumble-Bee thread #824617
02/05/2009 13:31
02/05/2009 13:31
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
A dedicated thread to comment on Joe's excellent work with his bumble-bee coupé, thus keeping his "For Sale" thread clear.....


[Linked Image]
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: stan] #824628
02/05/2009 13:57
02/05/2009 13:57
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
East Sussex
ikon Offline
Club member 7265
ikon  Offline
Club member 7265
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
East Sussex
nice work joe. in my mind i pictured you as a non turner but very nice work indeed matey. someones gonna get a very well looked after coupe there.

and just to clarify to anyone miss reading that i dont picture joe in my mind at all!.... unless my coupes broken and requires help..... :-)



[Linked Image]
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ikon] #824638
02/05/2009 14:22
02/05/2009 14:22

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



That car is the sex.

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #824696
02/05/2009 17:05
02/05/2009 17:05

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



i suspect some might baulk at the price for a p reg car. my view is, this has been done to the highest standard with the best parts available by a bloke who doesn't just do things properly, but beyond the call of duty.

yellow cars don't do "it" for me as i'm a bit old to be that lairy, but it's another stunning example of excellent workmanship, and i for one will be slightly envious of the lucky future owner of this.... cool

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #824753
02/05/2009 19:14
02/05/2009 19:14

G
Goonv8
Unregistered
Goonv8
Unregistered
G



I love the roof, I think I'm going to do the same with my white respray

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #824822
02/05/2009 21:22
02/05/2009 21:22

W
Willos
Unregistered
Willos
Unregistered
W



Nice car and I'm sure someone will snap it up. Believe me when I say I've seen some dogs 5 years yonger than this car.
A car with everything done is worth far more than a late dog. Just price a respray up and get your car mechanically sound and this will look like a bargain. Its like buying a new car for little money. Long live the Coupe

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #824840
02/05/2009 21:54
02/05/2009 21:54
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671
Newport,south wales
B
Benny Offline
My life on the forum
Benny  Offline
My life on the forum
B

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671
Newport,south wales
Nice colour there Joe smile

You never know how these things are going to look like
till you actually do it love

Ben

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: Benny] #824935
03/05/2009 08:10
03/05/2009 08:10

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



I've seen this car a few times now and it has been to finished to a very high standard bow, fantastic looking car. love

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #824998
03/05/2009 12:01
03/05/2009 12:01

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



having (as so many people have!) seen this one in the flesh, The photos just don't do this justis, the car is simply stunning.
If i had the money, i wouldn't hesitate in handing it over for this. as some one has already said, your not going to get much change out of 4k once you have done the work joe has already done to this!

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #825022
03/05/2009 13:20
03/05/2009 13:20
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
In the words of Snoop Dogg, that car looks "tha SHIZNIT" (that's a good thing!) That roof looks fantastic. It's buzzin! laugh



Coopless!
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #825038
03/05/2009 14:00
03/05/2009 14:00

O
owl10
Unregistered
owl10
Unregistered
O



nice work joe.

still not a fan of two tone on coupe's TBH, although i think the cut off on the c pillar is a lot better and 'natural' than other attempts we've seen.

Last edited by owl10; 03/05/2009 16:31.
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #825047
03/05/2009 14:34
03/05/2009 14:34
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Cheers for the thread Stan, as you say keeps the for sale thread clear of waffle wink

Thanks for the comments guys thumb

I knew the colour scheme wouldn't of been to every bodies taste but I can't help doing something different, she's been a labour of love but her history and finish standard is love

More refurbished coupes to come as I'll be starting on the LE very soon, but before that I've Phil's Sprint Blue to get finished.


Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: Countrycruising] #825055
03/05/2009 15:11
03/05/2009 15:11

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I've always thought that all Coupes should have a shiny black finish on the B-pillars like that one, it looks so good. love

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #825691
04/05/2009 22:06
04/05/2009 22:06
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
wow! I am LOVIN that love , and I don't even like the yellas! hurl


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: whatmoretyres] #825931
05/05/2009 11:47
05/05/2009 11:47
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
My PH advert has now gone live so you can also find it here.

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: Countrycruising] #826341
05/05/2009 21:56
05/05/2009 21:56

Y
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
Y



WANT WANT WANT! anyone know where i could sell a kidney?

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826358
05/05/2009 22:12
05/05/2009 22:12

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



ebay??

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826359
05/05/2009 22:12
05/05/2009 22:12

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



have to say this coupe is pretty stunning!!! well done Joe!!

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826387
05/05/2009 22:40
05/05/2009 22:40
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Cheers Dave smile

A few more pictures can be found on here.

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826389
05/05/2009 22:42
05/05/2009 22:42
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
evo_number_one Offline
My job on the forum
evo_number_one  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
Have to say that I was not a fan of the red one that was shown on here recently, but Joe that does look very nice.

It catching......

Look at images 0776 and 002 on this page

I think the big difference is that you've got that C pillar line spot on Joe - and the return under the rear side windows really suits it cool


105
Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: evo_number_one] #826421
05/05/2009 23:33
05/05/2009 23:33

B
belfastjohn
Unregistered
belfastjohn
Unregistered
B



finish looks fantastic. Love how it lifts the rear arches but (in the pics at least) it seems to lose the overall lines of the car. Obviously as Sam states the pics dont do it justice that perception may well simply be down to the pics.

BTW what can you do to mine for £2500 lol

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826433
05/05/2009 23:47
05/05/2009 23:47

B
belfastjohn
Unregistered
belfastjohn
Unregistered
B



Actually having looked at the pics on the for sale thread I take that previous post back. Well partially, as it adds some lovely curves that dont stand out on your average coop. I love the (what I'd call) boat tail look to the base of the rear window to name just one. A line that just goes unnoticed on a standard coop. I'd like to see it in the flesh and I wouldn't even insist there be a beer tent, nightclub and loose moralled women present either!

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826438
06/05/2009 00:11
06/05/2009 00:11
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
The correct line across the C pillar was the key, I'd seen a few pictures of that two tone coupe in Evo's post, I think it's the same coupe printed on the Italian April calendar page.

If it's not right the line lifts over the rear quarter radius, and at that point there's a double curve, one on the C pillar itself and the other slightly lower on the quarter.

When I taped these up I started at 6am in the morning and was finally happy with the line around 11am, my paint guy was tapping his foot waiting to spray the roof and a couple of times I nearly folded and said sod it spray the whole car yellow frown But I just couldn't walk away, I knew how I wanted the car to look and persistence prevailed smile

Also I'm not sure if it's that visible but the black also runs along the top of the door panel edges, I think this is the first time this has been done as all the others I've seen with this style finish end at the rear quarter window.

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: Countrycruising] #826620
06/05/2009 11:09
06/05/2009 11:09

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



I think all that time masking was well worth it, it looks spot on, the B pillars look great in gloss black too!!

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #826677
06/05/2009 11:51
06/05/2009 11:51

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



I think it looks great too. I noticed the lines and tops of the doors painted black - must have been tricky with the tape.

I need my roof/entire car spraying.... idea The Bogey Bee! laugh

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: stan] #826973
06/05/2009 18:44
06/05/2009 18:44

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



Looks awesome Joe - very good job. Best of luck finding a buyer that appreciates it. smile

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #827023
06/05/2009 20:00
06/05/2009 20:00

W
weebo
Unregistered
weebo
Unregistered
W



that has to be the nicest coupe i have ever seen some one is going to be a lucky person when they take that off hands

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #827175
06/05/2009 23:30
06/05/2009 23:30

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



Those pics don't do the car justice it's even better in the flesh.

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: ] #827179
06/05/2009 23:44
06/05/2009 23:44
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,310
FCSS 01684 593187
That's quite a statement Webbo, or you don't see many coupes around Edinburgh laugh either way thankyou wink



Yes I've been trying to get some new pictures as the camera phone pics loose loads of detail. The shine of the paint plays with the digital software so I'm going old school tomorrow and using my 35mm SLR.

Blimey I'll have to take the film to get it developed shocked I haven't done that in years laugh

Re: The Bumble-Bee thread [Re: Countrycruising] #827361
07/05/2009 12:56
07/05/2009 12:56

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



well I was talking to cowboy last night and we discussed that if my speed pink roof won't come back to red it might end up black!!! you may have a visitor Joe!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 15 (0.011s) Memory: 0.7198 MB (Peak: 0.9320 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-30 20:29:44 UTC