|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Tarox Rear Brakes
#947198
07/12/2009 18:28
07/12/2009 18:28
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
Does any one have the dimensions of the brackets that come with the Tarox big rear brake conversion ?
Reason I ask is we have a new high tech laser cutter in work and I wanted to see if I could copy them.
I assume they are made from alloy ? We only cut steel in work but I cant see there be much difference apart from weight.
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#947214
07/12/2009 18:46
07/12/2009 18:46
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
I have the entire tarrox rear brake kit here in my garage. If you give me till tomorrow then I can measure the brackets and post pics for you. I think they are annodised alloy brackets,but I could be wrong. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_0798.jpg
Last edited by pjd30; 07/12/2009 18:47.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#947218
07/12/2009 18:48
07/12/2009 18:48
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
Your a gent 
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#947304
07/12/2009 20:40
07/12/2009 20:40
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Gosh.. I'd like a pair of those. Do they do front two-piece disc's too..?
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#947339
07/12/2009 21:00
07/12/2009 21:00
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Put me down for a set taffy 
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#947346
07/12/2009 21:04
07/12/2009 21:04
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
Your a gent Ha ha,my missus thinks Im more like a pain in the ar5e,than a gent.  It will be afternoon tomorrrow before I can take pics/measurements,as I have to go to a meeting in the morning.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948013
08/12/2009 21:45
08/12/2009 21:45
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
Last edited by pjd30; 08/12/2009 21:45.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948019
08/12/2009 21:51
08/12/2009 21:51
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
What are you planning on doing for discs Adam? Proper tarox ones, and alternative 2 piece kit or some other discs tedrilled (with the same offset)
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948121
09/12/2009 00:38
09/12/2009 00:38
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
Thats great,thanks for that  Nobby, Not too sure yet, I'll get the brackets sorted first then go from there.
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#948123
09/12/2009 00:43
09/12/2009 00:43
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
Oh,and the brackets are made of billet alloy and annodised black too.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948129
09/12/2009 01:02
09/12/2009 01:02
|
Truffle
Unregistered
|
Truffle
Unregistered
|
I have just got to say what an amazing stroke of luck you've had here Taffy  It's not everyday you put in a request for a rare uprated item and someone chirps up with "I have the entire...kit here in my garage [stil in its original packaging and as clean as the day it was born].  Just struck me as quite the bit of Xmas magic.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948134
09/12/2009 01:11
09/12/2009 01:11
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
I totally agree, just goes to show that the forum is full of nice, helpful people 
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948135
09/12/2009 01:12
09/12/2009 01:12
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
Well,you guys have been very good and helpfull to me since I joined this forum.
So Im just trying to be helpfull back in return.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#948136
09/12/2009 01:14
09/12/2009 01:14
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
I totally agree, just goes to show that the forum is full of nice, helpful people Im going to see my engine builder tomorrow,so I will take the bracket with me and double check the measurements with a digital calibration measuring tool in the garage.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948194
09/12/2009 10:03
09/12/2009 10:03
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Tar-ox do seem to have a set of split frontdisc's too in the Coupe dimensions (305x28mm)..  Has anyone bought these or got an answer from tarox about them? They won't answer me at all.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948423
09/12/2009 17:22
09/12/2009 17:22
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
pjd30
Unregistered
|
Tarrox dont really talk directly to a customer.
Thats my experience of them.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#948723
09/12/2009 23:30
09/12/2009 23:30
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
one would wonder why they have a place for questions at all. 
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#949009
10/12/2009 14:20
10/12/2009 14:20
|
Norway20vt
Unregistered
|
Norway20vt
Unregistered
|
one would wonder why they have a place for questions at all. Try Joe, Country cruising 
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: ]
#949081
10/12/2009 15:53
10/12/2009 15:53
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Ok I'm on the case with the swedish distrubutor.. Split front disc's coming up...?  I'm afraid it gets pricey. On the other hand you only have to change the actual disc (not the hub) when it's worn out. Sorry for the OT.
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: OO7]
#952870
17/12/2009 17:37
17/12/2009 17:37
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
Ive looked into this and the 300mm solid disks are really expensive. The Tarox ones are £400  So im now looking at changing the caliper and using a vented disk on the rear. Unsure on size at the moment but im going for as close to 300mm as I can.
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes
[Re: Jimbo]
#953920
19/12/2009 19:19
19/12/2009 19:19
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
Thanks for the info Jimbo, I have a set of Cupra calipers on the way. I'll probably go for the 20v front disk as I dont think the 20vt disk will fit under 16" wheels.
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
|