Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tarox Rear Brakes #947198
07/12/2009 18:28
07/12/2009 18:28
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Does any one have the dimensions of the brackets that come with the Tarox big rear brake conversion ?

Reason I ask is we have a new high tech laser cutter in work and I wanted to see if I could copy them.

I assume they are made from alloy ? We only cut steel in work but I cant see there be much difference apart from weight.


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #947214
07/12/2009 18:46
07/12/2009 18:46

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



I have the entire tarrox rear brake kit here in my garage.

If you give me till tomorrow then I can measure the brackets and post pics for you.

I think they are annodised alloy brackets,but I could be wrong.


http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited by pjd30; 07/12/2009 18:47.
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #947218
07/12/2009 18:48
07/12/2009 18:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Your a gent thumb


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #947304
07/12/2009 20:40
07/12/2009 20:40

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



Gosh.. I'd like a pair of those. smile
Do they do front two-piece disc's too..?

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #947339
07/12/2009 21:00
07/12/2009 21:00

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



Put me down for a set taffy wink

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #947346
07/12/2009 21:04
07/12/2009 21:04

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Taffy20vt
Your a gent thumb


Ha ha,my missus thinks Im more like a pain in the ar5e,than a gent. biglaugh

It will be afternoon tomorrrow before I can take pics/measurements,as I have to go to a meeting in the morning.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948013
08/12/2009 21:45
08/12/2009 21:45

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Sorry about my photo taking abilities,but as prommised,heres some measurements for you.

Complete Tarrox big brake rear kit.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_0999.jpg

Distance from center point to center point of the holes is 90mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1000.jpg

centre point to centre point of mounting holes is 35mm.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1003.jpg

Thickness is 25mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1005.jpg

Thickness here is 17mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1007.jpg


Hope this helps in some way.

Last edited by pjd30; 08/12/2009 21:45.
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948019
08/12/2009 21:51
08/12/2009 21:51

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



What are you planning on doing for discs Adam? Proper tarox ones, and alternative 2 piece kit or some other discs tedrilled (with the same offset)

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948121
09/12/2009 00:38
09/12/2009 00:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Originally Posted by pjd30
Sorry about my photo taking abilities,but as prommised,heres some measurements for you.

Complete Tarrox big brake rear kit.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_0999.jpg

Distance from center point to center point of the holes is 90mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1000.jpg

centre point to centre point of mounting holes is 35mm.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1003.jpg

Thickness is 25mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1005.jpg

Thickness here is 17mm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alfa147turbo/IMG_1007.jpg


Hope this helps in some way.


Thats great,thanks for that smile

Nobby, Not too sure yet, I'll get the brackets sorted first then go from there.


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #948123
09/12/2009 00:43
09/12/2009 00:43

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Oh,and the brackets are made of billet alloy and annodised black too.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948129
09/12/2009 01:02
09/12/2009 01:02

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T



I have just got to say what an amazing stroke of luck you've had here Taffy smile

It's not everyday you put in a request for a rare uprated item and someone chirps up with "I have the entire...kit here in my garage [stil in its original packaging and as clean as the day it was born]. laugh

Just struck me as quite the bit of Xmas magic.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948134
09/12/2009 01:11
09/12/2009 01:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
I totally agree, just goes to show that the forum is full of nice, helpful people smile


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948135
09/12/2009 01:12
09/12/2009 01:12

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Well,you guys have been very good and helpfull to me since I joined this forum.

So Im just trying to be helpfull back in return.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #948136
09/12/2009 01:14
09/12/2009 01:14

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Taffy20vt
I totally agree, just goes to show that the forum is full of nice, helpful people smile



Im going to see my engine builder tomorrow,so I will take the bracket with me and double check the measurements with a digital calibration measuring tool in the garage.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948194
09/12/2009 10:03
09/12/2009 10:03

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



Tar-ox do seem to have a set of split frontdisc's too in the Coupe dimensions (305x28mm).. smile
Has anyone bought these or got an answer from tarox about them? They won't answer me at all.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948423
09/12/2009 17:22
09/12/2009 17:22

P
pjd30
Unregistered
pjd30
Unregistered
P



Tarrox dont really talk directly to a customer.

Thats my experience of them.


Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #948723
09/12/2009 23:30
09/12/2009 23:30

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



one would wonder why they have a place for questions at all. smile

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #949009
10/12/2009 14:20
10/12/2009 14:20

N
Norway20vt
Unregistered
Norway20vt
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by Per
one would wonder why they have a place for questions at all. smile


Try Joe, Country cruising laugh

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #949081
10/12/2009 15:53
10/12/2009 15:53

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



Ok I'm on the case with the swedish distrubutor.. Split front disc's coming up...? smile
I'm afraid it gets pricey. On the other hand you only have to change the actual disc (not the hub) when it's worn out.
Sorry for the OT.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: ] #951418
14/12/2009 23:44
14/12/2009 23:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,180
Havant, Hampshire.
OO7 Offline
Competition Level
OO7  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,180
Havant, Hampshire.
Taffy20vt if you can make up a kit then I'd be up for a set to. wink

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: OO7] #952870
17/12/2009 17:37
17/12/2009 17:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Ive looked into this and the 300mm solid disks are really expensive. The Tarox ones are £400 shocked

So im now looking at changing the caliper and using a vented disk on the rear. Unsure on size at the moment but im going for as close to 300mm as I can.


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Taffy20vt] #953253
18/12/2009 11:55
18/12/2009 11:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
This was looked into a while ago Taffy, the Seat Leon Cupra R or any of the golf Gti rear calipers are the same handbrake setup as the coupe but run a vented disk so would be easier to adapt to a larger disk, possibly a coupe 20v N/A front disk to keep the 4x98 hole configuration.

Re: Tarox Rear Brakes [Re: Jimbo] #953920
19/12/2009 19:19
19/12/2009 19:19
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline OP
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Thanks for the info Jimbo, I have a set of Cupra calipers on the way. I'll probably go for the 20v front disk as I dont think the 20vt disk will fit under 16" wheels.


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6818 MB (Peak: 0.8449 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:06:29 UTC