Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Greenblueturbo), 1,147 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,120
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,911
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974387
28/01/2010 01:41
28/01/2010 01:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917
Lightwater, Surrey
If you buy the right one in the first place and look after it there should be no need to buy another Coupe, or even another car! tongue

(Unless you want to have more than one at the same time of course)

How else can I explain why I still have my first one after almost 13 years?


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: DaveG] #974411
28/01/2010 07:44
28/01/2010 07:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Well that was my theory too!


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: barnacle] #974422
28/01/2010 08:22
28/01/2010 08:22

K
knight7660
Unregistered
knight7660
Unregistered
K



i know the theory but the only reason im changing is because id like an LE that i can keep. also in years to come when i feel like selling, it will be worth more.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974460
28/01/2010 09:55
28/01/2010 09:55

W
Wolfman
Unregistered
Wolfman
Unregistered
W



I bought myself a lovely immaculate 20VT sprinty. Which I had for about 2 months before a white van w***** wrote it off for me. Two weeks after getting it through the MOT. Sigh.

So now im on my second, a speed red which now has loads of problems. frown

-wolfman

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974635
28/01/2010 14:13
28/01/2010 14:13

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



One. Will not sell.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974639
28/01/2010 14:16
28/01/2010 14:16

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by johnnymarr

My first was a dog but when its your first you don't care you just want a good fast ride hehe


Quote of the day so far hehe

I've had 3 Coupés - 2 x 20vt and a 20vt plus. I still think I'll get another one day, when I've got a bit more room for it as a weekend/fun/project type thing. Will have to wait a while though smile

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974644
28/01/2010 14:20
28/01/2010 14:20

R
Robin_Banks
Unregistered
Robin_Banks
Unregistered
R



Uno

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974858
28/01/2010 20:22
28/01/2010 20:22

S
sjay
Unregistered
sjay
Unregistered
S



coupe number 4 for me ,loved every one of them all 20vt 3silver and an inky,im 48 years old and never come across any other car to compare to them,ps am i the oldest coupster around.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #974859
28/01/2010 20:30
28/01/2010 20:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
J
JimO Offline
Forum veteran
JimO  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
At 48, you are a mere youngster compared Came2dance, it is thought that he is over 87 and still driving!! It is a shame that he has forgetton himself how old he is!!

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: JimO] #974861
28/01/2010 20:32
28/01/2010 20:32
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
I heard stan was so old they'd run out of numbers to quantify his age.....


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: mattB] #974868
28/01/2010 20:44
28/01/2010 20:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Hell, even *I* am over 48 and I'm a spring chicken compared to Stan!


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: barnacle] #974881
28/01/2010 21:10
28/01/2010 21:10
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
Bought mine early 2004 and it's been Coupé monogamy for me….

Longest I have ever kept any car and there are no plans to part with it. I could be tempted into another but as the years go by it is less and less likely rolleyes


Gone Audi mad!
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Barmybob] #974931
28/01/2010 22:31
28/01/2010 22:31

R
richy
Unregistered
richy
Unregistered
R



My posts don't suggest this but bought my first sprint blue 20vt in 2000. 6 years later changed it for a ink black 20vt6. Had that for 3 years until a van wrote it off. Now got a sprint blue plus that I always promised myself but my first was the best.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #975560
29/01/2010 22:52
29/01/2010 22:52

R
RoyH
Unregistered
RoyH
Unregistered
R



i have had one bought brand new in 2000 and now has 217,000 miles and going strong.

The wife is on her second (the first a 16v got bent) she bought her latest three years ago at 110,000 and it now has 197,000.

ah the old club, Panics dancing and Sloggs cider drinking.

Roy

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Vinno] #975972
31/01/2010 01:30
31/01/2010 01:30

R
ryangt
Unregistered
ryangt
Unregistered
R



first 16vt at 18 then a LE at 20 now at 22 a 20vt again

=3 coupes

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #976004
31/01/2010 10:47
31/01/2010 10:47

H
Hani
Unregistered
Hani
Unregistered
H



Only one (98' 20vt) for me and since Dec 2003 smile

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #976024
31/01/2010 11:41
31/01/2010 11:41
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Just the one for me, probably safest that way!

And here she is..... click to enlarge

Lovely! laugh

Oh, you want to see the finished article?

Oh, okay then.... click to enlarge

The whole lot rebuilt: click to enlarge lick


Bearing in mind that when she arrived she looked like this..... click to enlarge (I think the previous owner used her as a submarine!) hurl

Last edited by stan; 31/01/2010 11:51.

[Linked Image]
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: stan] #978090
03/02/2010 17:54
03/02/2010 17:54

W
weyland
Unregistered
weyland
Unregistered
W



Owned 3. first one was brand new in 1997, the second was 5 years old when I got it in 2003, the last 9 years old when I got it in 2007.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #979639
06/02/2010 17:20
06/02/2010 17:20
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
I'm on my third and im 24, still not bored smile


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #979640
06/02/2010 17:25
06/02/2010 17:25

B
bridges
Unregistered
bridges
Unregistered
B



3 smile

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #979663
06/02/2010 17:57
06/02/2010 17:57
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
Your pic really makes me want to fit the plus/le kit to mine smile


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #979689
06/02/2010 18:53
06/02/2010 18:53

B
bridges
Unregistered
bridges
Unregistered
B



Thanks, I must admit, I like the coupe almost as much without any skirts. From some angles I think the rounded sills make the car look less box sided. However there are angles where the kit just makes the car look lick love
I think I prefer the kit to not having it though for the ground hugging stance it gives the car and the fact it just looks a little more beefy.
smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 15 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6908 MB (Peak: 0.8650 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 18:16:09 UTC