|
1 registered members (1 invisible),
740
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Mileage - How worried should I be?
#986476
18/02/2010 21:05
18/02/2010 21:05
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
Hi guys,
Been floating around for the last couple of years since I sold my 16vt back in '07.
Now sure I want another coupe, and would like some advice on picking the right car.
Most coupes are clearly getting on milage wise, and I'm a little worried about anything with more than 100k.
Should I be? Or is an excellent service history enough to keep most learned coupe pro's interested in a car with plus 100k?
Thanks
Last edited by saintlysimon; 18/02/2010 21:12.
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: ]
#986519
18/02/2010 21:59
18/02/2010 21:59
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747 N.E Scotland
mattB
Club member 6
|
Club member 6
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
|
Mileage is nothing. Condition is everything.
Death-rattle-tastic
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: mattB]
#986520
18/02/2010 22:00
18/02/2010 22:00
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
and history, i always think
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: ]
#986545
18/02/2010 22:52
18/02/2010 22:52
|
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644 Watford
MarioCirillo
Ex El Presidente
|
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
|
Mileage - yes its nice to get a low mileage coupe but dont forget a good condition coupe with high mileage will have all of the work already done... belts, turbo, rad, clutch, gearbox etc etc You will also find many coupes on their second engine... again not a big deal providing all the paper work is there and is in order 
Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: MarioCirillo]
#986554
18/02/2010 23:07
18/02/2010 23:07
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
Thanks guys,
The general theme is, as long as she's backed up with paperwork and is in good condition, don't be too worried?
I was also wondering about 2nd engine, and if this was a bad sign?! But seems like it might not be, with the correct paperwork.
Very true about some of the impending work already being carried out on the higher mileage coupes, didnt look at it that way!
Thanks
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: coupedummy]
#986602
19/02/2010 00:36
19/02/2010 00:36
|
siloman
Unregistered
|
siloman
Unregistered
|
Im on 153,000 Original engine and second clutch not sure of turbo have no invoice of a replacement . Check paper work dates and look for plenty oil changes.
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: ]
#986753
19/02/2010 12:13
19/02/2010 12:13
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386 Staffordshire
Nigel
Forum veteran
|
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
|
I'm on 233,000, but I've had a couple of engine rebuilds during that time
With a car of that mileage, you'll also find other stuff starting to reach the end of its life. In the last 50,000 miles or so, I've also had to replace:
Steering rack Rear radius arm bushes Gearbox internals (synchro went on 4th, but possibly down to my excess of bhp)
And finally, Coupes are now starting to suffer from rust, and high mileage examples have probably been drive all year round, in all sorts of weather - check carefully
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: Nigel]
#987409
20/02/2010 16:25
20/02/2010 16:25
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
saintlysimon
Unregistered
|
 Brilliant advice there, thanks guys. I guess the biggest fear for me would be heafty expense within the first year or so of ownership. Paper work and a good check over seems critical... Thank you
|
|
|
Re: Mileage - How worried should I be?
[Re: ]
#987425
20/02/2010 16:48
20/02/2010 16:48
|
Nello
Unregistered
|
Nello
Unregistered
|
I know of a certain club members LE with over 150k - one of the best I've seen 
|
|
|
|